Whatsoever Things Are Good

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Whatsoever Things Are Good

Postby carollynne » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:52 pm

what a Wonderful drop in your numbers!! wow!! If that is not a reason to keep at this, I cannot imagine what would do it!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Carollynne...thanks for stopping by and for the encouraging words!! Yes it does motivate me to keep up with this WOE!! It would be so incredible to watch that number drop down to a healthy one!

I think that being not so good during the holiday season led to a lack of confidence on my part. I feel that returning as I do well each day! I stayed compliant today, and exercised also.

I thought I had changed my avatar but then my pic disappeared...I will try again and see if I can do it!!
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 am

You can do this!! I cannot do the pic, and so Rosey did it for me ! It just never worked...
You are doing so wonderful!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks Carollynne...I tried to do my avatar again, so I hope it worked this time :)

Okay...I fell off the cliff big time with the holidays and am ready to recover.

I figure if I get back on the horse now, one good thing is that by the holiday season next year I should be very well grounded in this woe...I realize I should be already, but I guess I'm a slow incorporater (I was going to say slow learner...but that is so negative, and not true, I learn quickly, but sometimes I am slow to incorporate my newfound knowledge.)
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:40 am

OH yes, by next year it will be so much a part of you and what happens over time is that your tastes bud do change, and then everything will any animal product in it, will taste so greasy, or make your stomach cramp up and you will by golly have made that switch... I find that to be true anyway, when my DH is eating something so tasty, I remember oh n o, how awful I felt last time I tried a bit of that meat or or whatever, and how long til it is digested, no need to get into all the details, right? so I am convinced again....or cured!!
I tend to over eat too, and so I have to watch myself a lot over the holiday season...
have a great wkend there!
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks Carollynne, I so appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement!! I had a good McDougally day today, so I'm really happy about that, I know I will sleep better for it, and feel better tomorrow because of it...I really like this woe, I can lose weight without having to go through the torture of being starving!

I can't understand why my avatar will work for a day or two and then stop working? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?? Can you all see my avatar? I just see a plain box with an x in it.
LoriJenny

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals