Lynn's Beginngings

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Lynn's Beginngings

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Lynn,

Your food looks great!!

And you have broken thru that plateau or whatever it was that you were on. Good for you.

:)
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby 711Gal » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks Jan. Weigh in tomorrow morning, so we will see. I am feeling it too though. Very exciting!
Our bodies are our garden, our will it's gardeners. - William Shakespeare.
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 am

Thanks Debbie! Will have to do that.
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Okay, so I had a mathematical error. I am gauging my weight from when I did my restart. (Which was last Friday - with Journaling on Monday). I was 203 then. Today weighing in at 198.5, so that is 5.5lbs lost from last Friday (yes, I need to change my ticker to reflect that).

So I figure that is still a good loss!

Okay. Today's journal.

B: Medium sized potato with 1/4 cup pinto beans and a pinch of Soyrizo. Some Mrs Dash Fiesta Blend (I think). It's a mexican style flavor any way. I put that on the potato. Yummy.

L: I had another baked potato, I had brought something else, but for some reason I was not hungry enough to eat it, so I couldn't. And this was AFTER working out! So around 2:00 I had the baked potato.

D: I made stuffed cabbage rolls, I made a mixture of millet brown rice, portobella mushrooms, shredded cucumber, orange pepper. Added some nutritional yeast in there, some quinoa flour for some body. About 1/2 cup. and that is what it's stuffed with, and made a tomato sauce to go over it. For dessert after dinner (since it is the Sabbath), we will have frozen Banana's thanks Tom!!

Been a great week so far, looking forward to another one!
711Gal

Postby carollynne » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Lynn, I Love your journal, it is interesting to read all the posts here, Enjoyed your menus too. Good going!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Lynne,
Keep up the god work. 8)
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby 711Gal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Okay, back from an extremely busy weekend. I may not remember everything for Saturday, but I have most of it. We attended a seminar by my GYN, who follows Dr. McDougall. It was on weight loss, so I learned a few new things. But he had me share because I was a testament for him so far, so it was all good!

Saturday:
B: 4 slices of a fairly large potato with a NM Chili seasoning. (at the seminar), 6 grapes, a piece of honey dew and cantaloupe and 1/2 cup coffee flavored water.

B: at home about 2 hours later with my husband, so I guess you can call it "brunch". 1/2 hemp bagel with tofutti "cream cheese" mixed with NM hot green chili, with capers, onions and tomato on top and 1/2 sprouted grain wheat bagel with the same. Cup of REAL coffee.

Later in the afternoon when got hungry: Medium golden potato.

D: Salad with chickpeas, zucchini, shredded carrots, romaine lettuce, and I made this cool dressing, if you want to call it that. I smashed some of the chickpeas, mixed them with lemon and some Mrs Dash seasoning... OH WOW!! Better than any store bought for sure!! Ever since Bob talked about the dressings, he had me thinking and I had my "creative cap" on this weekend and it worked out so well!!

Sunday
Sunday's are the day my hubby and I get to actually sit and eat a nice relaxing breakfast together, so we always try and make it "special" and New Mexican in flavor. So I made some red chili sauce from our Reestra, NM hots. It came out great, you can do the same using a powder from of red chili. If some of you want me to post it let me know and I would be more than happy too!

B: Seasoned cubed potatoes, then a mix of pinto beans, shredded zucchini, chopped portabello mushrooms, and some cabbage, with cumin, garlic powder, and hot paprika. 3 corn tortillas, lightly warmed. And of course served with my red chili sauce, drizzled over everything. YUM!!!

L: Golden baked potato with side salad. Same as yesterday though, slightly different dressing, still with chickpeas and lemon, but this time I used a different Mrs Dash and added artichokes!

D: SUSHI!!!!! I LOVE SUSHI!!! Asparagus roll, cucumber roll, vegetable roll and miso soup. And GREEN TEA!! Love my green tea!

TODAY:
B: Leftover breakfast mix from yesterday over a golden backed potato.

Mid morning: Golden baked potato

L: Salad with zucchini, carrots, tomato, chickpeas, artichokes, and my artichoke dressing, and two home made felafel patties.

D: ... don't know yet darn it!! Didn't get to menu planning this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Okay, so I must put a disclaimer on there, on all the sushi rolls that I mentioned, PLEASE don't think that I ate them all, my husband and I shared! :-P
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay, I forgot to post my exercise for today:

The ususal

WAW 45min/3mile walk with 2lb free weights.

Question for anyone who is listening. Should I post just to one journal or do I do it per month??
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 pm

I did log my din din!! Silly me!!

3/4 cup quinoa with cabbage and mushrooms sauted with Tamari (gluten free soy sauce), and ginger powder YUMMMY!!!

Now I am off to do some Yoga..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nighty night!
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Good thing I wrote down in a journal what I ate, I didn't even do yesterday!! Woah!

Breakfast: 1/8 cup pinto beans with 1/2 cup quinoa, red chili sauce, tblsp soyrizo, spinach, onion and tomato, divided into 3 corn tortillas

S: 1/2 med golden baked potato

L: 1 cup quinoa with cauliflower, corn and spinach with Tamari and ginger powder. Nice light Asian flavor!

S. 1/2 medium golden baked potato, 1 felafel patty

D: Hubby made some broccoli almond soup, served over Quinoa (to die for!!).

Starbucks: did a no no, but did it anyway, split a piece of banana bread with the hubby. Internet down so he needed free wifi!

Did no exercise during the day, getting payroll done. Did Yoga before going to bed, that has been awesome, been getting great sleep because of it!

Had Dr Visit this morning. He was very happy, when weighing in and then testing BMI, only lost 7lbs on the scale (this is a months time frame), however, lost 9 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of water, he said the water is probably because it's really close to that wonderful time of the month all we women love so well! He was very pleased with results, as was I.

B: Baked Potato with garlic powder and dash of salt

S: small baked potato with same

L: Left over broccoli almond soup over quinoa, 2 corn tortillas (the only kind I believe I will ever have again).

Will exercise after running the payroll:
E: WAW 45min/3mile walk with 2lb free weights.

Will check in later with dinner!!
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Okay, to post Friday 10/27, let us see if I remember...

B: Med Yukon Gold with dash of salt and Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash seasoning.

L: Leftover Broccoli Almond soup with Quinoa

S: (on the drive home about 2:00pm) cold Yukon Gold with Chulula Hot Sauce (Chile Lime).

D: Husbands birthday, So we went to a Pho Bar, I had the vegetable soup with mushroom broth and vermicelli rice noodles. Oh my was it good, oh yeah, we started out with Veggie/Tofu Spring rolls. They were to die for, mostly veggies wrap in a thin rice wrapper.
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Oh yes, stepped on the scale on Friday morning.

Down 1.5 pounds.

Today Saturday 10/28:

B: 1/2 hemp sprouted grain bagel with a "chickpea spread" thick enough to spread on a bagel. It was amazing, instead of using a Tahini, which is basically a sesame butter, I used sesame seeds instead. Not a lot, (I really don't like the taste of Tahini all that much). It was delish! Then I had 1/2 sprouted grain wheat bagel with the same, and added on top of both, capers, tomoto, and white onion and had a cup of coffee with that.

I am seriously thinking of quitting the coffee and going strictly to green tea..... (it's pretty hard since hubby and I can be considered "coffee snobs").

L: Yukon Gold Potato, my staple and love!!

D: 3/4cup Short grain brown rice with goshimo, asparagus, spinach and some Tamari. Then, because I was still hungry had another bowl 1/2 this time, rice with some left over veggie soup that DH had made during the week.

Now I can hear another Yukon Gold calling my name...(how pathetic am I ???)
711Gal

Postby 711Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Oh and SatcoBob.... if you see this, can you give me a link to your October Challenge, I really want to read the thread.. just read the one you posted on your wife. Totally amazing and insipiring!

Going to go search for your star mcdougall story!!
711Gal

Postby SactoBob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:26 pm

SactoBob

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning