Suz's getting & staying healthy Jounral

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Suz's getting & staying healthy Jounral

Postby suz729 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello everyone I am doing this lifestyle change once again after several times of slipping back off. I have been mostly back on since about April with some slips. I really need to stick to this! My life is very busy and there are so many people counting on me to be there for them. Some days I don't feel at all like being there for anybody else, but love them all so much and know I need to do my best! I also know I do my best when I stick to the McDougall Plan. I am doing this mostly for the health benefits, but could also stand to lose 10 to fifteen pounds. My daughter who is Rosey on here got me back on this when she started back. I am so glad she did because I seemed to be getting sicker and sicker. I still have my days when I feel awful, but they are getting further apart. Today I had gluten free oatmeal for breakfast and at noon I had a smoothie with both whole fruits and veggies and then some this evening I have been having a snack dinner of turnips, tomatoes and prunes. Sounds pretty weird but I really enjoy eating fresh veggies and love prunes. I am going to try and keep up this journal to help myself in my quest to get healthy. Hope to get to know allot of you.

Suz
suz729

Re: Suz's getting & staying healthy Jounral

Postby Rosey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Welcome to the Journal's Mom. Love you bunches. I'm glad your back to this way of eating too.
Rosey

Postby blondie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Welcome Suz -- Rosey is such an inspiration to all of us -- it's wonderful that you two can support one another in getting healthy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby eri » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:34 pm

That's so cool that you are doing this together! What a great support system. :nod:
eri

Postby suz729 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm

blondie wrote:Welcome Suz -- Rosey is such an inspiration to all of us -- it's wonderful that you two can support one another in getting healthy!

Thank you for the welcome Blondie! Yes, I am so glad we are both doing this. It makes it so much easier at family get togethers with both of us eating this way, because we both know we will have something else to eat besides what we bring.

Suz
suz729

Postby suz729 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:20 pm

eri wrote:That's so cool that you are doing this together! What a great support system. :nod:

Yes! It is great I am so glad to have her!
suz729

Postby WeeSpeck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome!
--\--@ Nancy @--/--

I am but a wee speck in the big picture of the universe.
WeeSpeck

Postby Adrienne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:50 am

Welcome Suz! Best of luck to you on your journey to better health. I am sure you daughter will a tremendous help as she is doing so well so far.
Adrienne

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Yes, welcome Suz.

OH, no, another mother-daughter duo!! :lol: I love doing this with my daughter, even though we do not live that close. It is nice to be able to share good times & not so good times in trying to adhere to this life style.

And when one of us stumbles, the other is there to help get us up & back going again.

I have loved reading your daughter's posts, she is doing so well.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Rosey » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

janluvs2heel wrote:Yes, welcome Suz.

OH, no, another mother-daughter duo!! :lol: I love doing this with my daughter, even though we do not live that close. It is nice to be able to share good times & not so good times in trying to adhere to this life style.

And when one of us stumbles, the other is there to help get us up & back going again.

Yeah we live a few hours from each other but we talk on phone and read each others posts on here and on facebook.
Rosey

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:06 pm

We love Rosey. She is so sweet, so I know you must be too. Rosey is not only a good example to others, but an encourager. We should all follow her example. Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
Gramma Jackie

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Great to have you here Suz....You did good with Rosey Posey. She's such an inspiration as you will be too. Looking forward to reading more about your continued journey to health. Your in the right place.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby suz729 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Rosey wrote:Welcome to the Journal's Mom. Love you bunches. I'm glad your back to this way of eating too.

Love having you do do this with! HUGS

Mom
suz729

Postby suz729 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Rosey wrote:
janluvs2heel wrote:Yes, welcome Suz.

I am so proud of how she is doing! Glad to hear we are not the only mother-daughter duo. Hopefully this healthy way of life will spread into many families!

Suz

Yeah we live a few hours from each other but we talk on phone and read each others posts on here and on facebook.
suz729

Postby suz729 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 pm

WeeSpeck wrote:Welcome!

Thank you!
suz729

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals