my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 am

Hi carollynne,
Just keep at it..

and I totally agree with what everyone else said.

People want the good things they just don't really want to make a change. :\

And heck to be honest it took me a long time to make the change
Honestly I have wasted years. :|

You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! :nod:
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:19 am

kittyadventures wrote:Hi carollynne,
Just keep at it..

and I totally agree with what everyone else said.

People want the good things they just don't really want to make a change. :\

And heck to be honest it took me a long time to make the change
Honestly I have wasted years. :|

You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! :nod:

Yes, those wasted years....... but we're not wasting anymore time are we? My Mother always said she wasted so much time being heavy and she advised me not too. I didn't listen till after she passed. I am lucky she guided me to the good Doctor. Doing this for you Mom, doing this for me, doing this for us!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm

LARD??

Good grief, thanks for telling me that one LoriJenny, that would have been a really huge mistake for me. and Christine, I loved that phrase, Taco Hell... lol, too cute and too true.
but here is a pc of good news from the home front. At Walmart this am, after the hospital lab, and after he ate a bf platter from Hardee, ( talk about goop and grease) and I sat there with my apple and veggie cut ups, then we had to run errands, and finally at walmart Dh wants to start bringing in some cheerios to work to eat in the early morning hrs, and so that really done and got the stuff, then he announces that he must have milk too, I about lost it in the store and told him he could not get any cow's milk, and started to remind him of all the why- nots, and he is arguing about the 1% or 2% or skim, and I am telling him try the almond milk, it is my fav. and that is what we got finally. I am beginning to think he is happy that I am doing this, and sort of leading the way for him. In fact I even told him that if doctor tells him he is diabetic now or borderline then he is going to have to go vegan with me and Eric.... he did not protest at all. Altho he is part way there. No diary anymore... and loves my soups and stews too.
BF: apple, veggie cuts like zucc, baby carrots and celery, and when I got home again, had my oats and blueberries finally I was a starving Armenian for them today til we got back...
L: cabbage and potato soup, a DH fav, and he requested it too.,, but did not try it yet... with brown rice and kale thrown in for good measure... love my kale everyday now.. and to think that the first yr I grew it in my garden, I gave a lot of it away, and did not really know how great a nutrient stronghold it is!! And the second yr I grew it, it looked lousy and the bugs got far too much of it... I need the starter plants and not the seeds I think....
D: was more of the same, but added some of my red reheated up with garlic and pepper and some sea salt.... and 3 rice cakes, one of them with a bit of peanut butter, not on plan.
I am sticking with only 2 fruits and no breads..... hard enough, but I hope to do this MWL right and lose more of my lard...
Just had a cup of tea that I thought was non caffeine, but Now I see that it has a bit of it, phooey... I will be up for a while then....
Today was a good day, since I did not even feel a bit tempted by Hardees, he tried to give me the bisquit and then at this farm store with all the whoppie pies, cookies, etc etc.... we went there for a hay ride to the pumpkin patch, and it was a riot. Loved being out there... when teh tractor ride came back around, the Amish big sister was picking up teh little sisters with the bunnie and kitten cages and they had a slight problem with their horse and the big sister was moving fast and sure to get the horse settled down and hopped back up adn snatched those reins from the little girl, and then tried to get the animal moving to pull the buck board sort of wagon up a slight incline. I really thing she needed some help, but no one wants to bother the Amish here, out of respect for their culture, but really I thought about it but she got it under control and moved faster than I thgt possible.... then the poor horse 's legs all 4 of them buckled under him and I wondered if the horse would go lame!! but no, it got back up and then they turned down the country road and the wagon conveance moved down the road..... Jesh, some of the loud mouth wojmen on this hay ride, were complaining about how the Amish treat theri animals as machines, not as animals, but did any of us offer to help??? no! and also any horse is so skittish around so many people and the timing of the hay ride load of us, showing up just as she was trying to get going did not help either. I truly thought the young woman did better than most of us could have done, she was great!! And horse did look young to me too. Or at least small anyway. The little ones were wearing a babushka, like I had to as a young girl, it was a Polish thing for us, and theirs was a heavy open weave sort of one, with fringes all along the edges, and that was unusual, I had never seen that before on the Amish. A picture would have been so cool, but again, I would never do that our of respect for their culture too.
KItty adventures yes I have wasted yrs too, being in the obese category and not really realizing the danger of it all, until I had the fatty liver stoked up and set about trying to finally cure it, by trying to losing wt, My mother too would tell me not to wait too long to make my self look good for myself, and so on. She was so right.

Ds is eating some candies like gummies and I am not tempted by that either... a miracle to me. the longer I stay on the MWL program the better I am doing it too.
The sz 14s still fit and I am still amazed by that fact. MY legs are a lot more slender and I guess the tummy had receded some too. Or these would not fit.
Hewy one more thing I need to tell you all! My dearest friend called me again this am, and ws telling me that she went to this little grocer near her block in Chicago, and got some bronw rice, small reds adn was making up a great soup, with a smoked ham houck, and some red beef steak the oven, etc etc... and was so proud of her move to brown rice since the white rice sits in her stomach and turns to glue!! I said to her, great news, you can do this!! She thanked me for the encouragement... to keep trying to lose wt...She will never be a vegan, but then I am not going to preach to her, let her see the results of my WOE one day and figure it out for herself...
We are in a quiet majority, and I am not sorry about that.
I recommended websites and other books, and really she can get the forks over knives herself off of netflix .... not my concern I guess! Cannot fix others just myself so get on with, dear self of mine!

have a good night to all, and hope for the best tomorrow... plan on going to see The thing with Ds and will have to bring my veggies cuts to feed the starving Armenian in me!!
Hey I it will not stop!! feels too good to stop!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby blondie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Sounds like you had a good day. That is awesome that your DH is making changes. Well, I don't wish him diabetes, but I hope he decides to come along with you to this WOE! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby carollynne » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I know, Blondie, what the results will be in soon enough!! It is funny, but I just cannot help but want to help the man!! but it has to come from him, not me!
thanks for stopping by and saying that !
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:06 am

Sunday am, and I guess I did something wrong yesterday, and I know it must have been those 3 rice cakes and one of them with a tiny bit of all natural peanut butter. My rewards was a 172.8 this am!! ehh gads, that is like way higher, and
I firmly resolve, with the help of thy grace to sin no more, and to avoid the near occasion of sin!!

I was good all day so proud of that one too, and also ate way too late at night, plus that one cup of tea that had some caff. in it, and I had to finish it off, since I was just too lazy to get up and get another cup of tea made too...
I had plenty of veggies, and my starch was the potatoes. At times I eat too many of the little red potatoes, and I know you are saying that is not possible, but I know becuz the glucose in them will give me gas right away when I eat too much of the wonderful comfy potatoes. And any russets wil do that to me ...
I may really have to get that book, the MWL one....
but I also think this extra wt will be gone and fast too. I need to eat more fiber today perhaps.... I need to stick to my daily greens, and did not do that yesterday either. phooey, manchuii..
Hey dear son just said to me, who is that slender lady in and kitchen?? wow, and I do feel a lot skinner these days.
carollynne

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:31 am

Hey there. Your compassion for your friends is good, even though it really is exhausting, I know. But if your recommendations mean that some of them actually start listening and DOING this!!! what a life-saver, and life-changer you will be for them :)

Just keep on going! You're doing terrific :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby glassbird » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I did a little googling on the subject of Taco Bell beans and lard...there is no lard in the beans. HOWEVER, the tortillas have white flour, and something called casien, that is apparently not vegan. Also the rice has a flavoring in it...I think it was chicken? So don't go adding rice to a bean burrito.

Lots of salt in the red sauce...but no lard in the beans.
glassbird

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks for stopping by for encouragement. I surely need it all the time.
Had a good day, and went to see The thing with DS. I am not big on horror films at all, but this one is mild, and I lived thru it so fine. and I brought with me the cuke slices and some grapes and chomped on cinnamon gum to be able to smell popcorn popping and resist it. Came home and had more of my cabbage and potatoes (I added some fresh broc to it too ) soup and brown rice. Also had 3 rice cakes, and now I realize I will need never buy them ever again. At end of evening I had my kale and caramelized onions too.
Took dog to walking park, and had a good walk and my ankle, knees held up fine!
BF was my steel cut oats and fruit, I am limiting my fruit to 2 a day, and today's was the blueberries in my oats and an apple.
All is well, and I will write more tomorrow as I am really too tired now.
oh, snack ?? my home made oil free granola.
I think I ate to much today, but it was all legal anyway.
carollynne

Postby Chile » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Casein is the protein in milk. Not something you want to ingest, especially if concerned about inflammation (any "-itis" condition) or cancer!
Chile

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Today was a great day again. No kidding, I had next injection on right knee and first one in left knee, I have responded well to these injections and it was great again. I have 1 more on Rt knee and 2 more on the left. I tell you, I love this, compared to getting metal parts installed and my bones sawed off to accommodate the new neighbors on the metal parts too. So I will forestall it as long as I am feeling so good and great mobility. In fact I went to gym and did the machines again, and 11 min on this one called easy stride, and 20 min on the incumbent bike and others plus tried a new class out too, I am doing wonderfully well, just hope it continues onto the 60's, 70's and beyond too. With this WOE on my side it will be smooth sailing along the way of life. Doing laundry and made up split pea soup, Ds's fav. with yellow peas this time.... Reheating up my famous world class peasant cabbage and potato soup. with brown rice, for myself and DH. It was his request too.
BF: one huge red potato chunked up and reheated with spices and water with lemon
L: kale with soup, and cut up veggies
snack apple cut up
D: kale with more soup, and 2 biscuits from Ds's experiment with all wheat berries and sprouting them etc. had to try one, they were dense, but delish.
I need to drink more water today, that is for sure!
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey to Chile and others thanks for the info! now I will most def. be not ingesting any of the Taco He-- stuff and I will tell DS too. Amazing what you can find out with a little google time on your hands. I really did not eat that bean burrito, and am doing so well, only eating my own home made food. I am beginning to realize that it is the ppl who only eat their own cooking who may be living to a ripe old age. And may all the SAD restaurants go out of business for all I care now. I just feel tons better, just eating at home all the time. and think of the $$ T-cash, as my sons would say as they were growing up too.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm

up[date on Dh and his almond milk on cherrios. I asked him tonight if he took the almond milk we had just bought at WAlmart to work, and he replied, well I needed something for my cereal, and so I asked him did he like it?? and he said, he had it with the cereal, and did not even notice anything at all. He had it, and he tasted ok.. :? ...so I guess that means it a go! Then I was telling him all about the horrors of cow's milk anything, and he was getting a wee bit defensive about not drinking any milk, and giving up yogurt and cheese too, and I just walked away smiling to myself. :cool:
Now meat is another story but one down, and one to go!
Last edited by carollynne on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:09 am

Wt is holding at 170.8 again!! I am happy with this, and will continue to tweak, my eating and cut out all off plan foods like the rice cakes, any peanut butter at all, and so on!! and too much fruit, and yesterday I had 3!! blueberries, a banana, and an apple! I think that is too much fruit for my colon to handle and I had far too many times in the bathroom. This was the first banana I had in a week, and I think perhaps it is not for me then! It is on the inflammatory list at the PCRM.org site, so ......... I do love them, but yesterday was unreal for me! :?

Thanks Debbie for that site with all the ingredients listed. I mean, I just do not consider any fast food, as food any more! but DH does, so..... it just takes time. Now about his lab reports, it was a small success in that his glucose came way down and that was because he has really cut way down on the cakes, and sugary little things he loved and that was all day long too! but they doc has requested a follow up appt for him, and we shall see!
I did not have tome to write in my journal yesterday, but all was well and I got to the fitness center, and did a lot of exercising and was very happy with myself. Before I left, I even hung out some laundry since the sun was showing it's long gone face for us here.
then I again had a few phone calls, and one friend concerned with her concern for me too. and it is all because of my "singled minded-ness" about diet!! well I do not want to over react, but I wonder why she is concerned at all? I am doing great and truly this is it for me, I just told her that oh, you have not done all the reading and research that I have done for the past 2 yrs, and so yes I am convinced. then after more conversation I only said, that that is what makes our country so great, we have all the information available to us, for free, and we can all make up our own minds. She said she was going to go and join this health club today, and I hope she did too. I hung up and got to my fitness center and today my plan is to not even pick up the phone in the am, til I come back from the gym! I need to surround myself with only good attitudes and not any well meaning but sort of under minding ones. I was just too irked and need some encouragement instead! So thanks to all of you out there.
Food yesterday was a good day! BF: peppermint tea, plain ( that is how I am preferring my tea now, not even any brown rice syrup anymore. I gave up the honey, yrs ago, then it was agave next and now the brown rice syrup is not needed. I think I tried the last one maybe 2x, and it was not needed!

L: when I got home from the fitness center, ( I did 3.4 miles on incumbent bike and 11 min on the strider got my heart rate up nice!) and a lot of the machines, and even walked into the big room for my stretching and workout there. got into the pool next for walking and exercises that really make my knees feel good. Lastly was the steam room. ) I had a nice spring mix greens salad, and no toms this time, trying to see if they are my inflammation trigger. At home I made up my collards greens mess of stuff, and it was delish for an early D with brown rice.
D: Collards Greens with a can of diced toms ( forgot about the inflammation there (no salt added ) and more water, some veggies broth powder, and then added some quinoa to it. Niice! Also had some red potatoes today, with NT sprinkled on them. I usually do have some of them ready, so that is my staple here, the brown rice and the reds!
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:27 am

Today is Day 20, and wow, it has gone fast too. I may never have had the count of days right, but I just counted backwards from the grad day of Nov 3rd being the 28th day
I have really enjoyed the get pot luck mtg/ together's!! so much fun there. I did call yesterday to the good doctor's office to see if she was taking any new patients, and her office does do accept our Tricare Prime and they will check with Dr Liz, the doctor who has sponsored this E2 challenge now for the second yr in a row. It is so cool. I had spoken to her already, so even tho it is a 45 min drive, I think I will enjoy seeing a doctor who believes in going completely vegan for a lifestyle change. Just found out today, from the 70 yr old yoga instructor at the gym that my previous doctor, Doctor Balhara, is also vegan... I had thought so too!
So far I got up early about 5 :10 am, and having a cup of sleep time tea with vanilla, enough flavor for me.
I can think of two off plan items again, and it was another rice cake yesterday and also DS was sitting and eating Oreos with soy milk, to finish them off he said, and I grabbed one mint flavored one before I knew it I had it in my mouth, I should have spit it out!!!! Dh was eating some ice cream, that was in freezer for any one coming over, and here I had emptied out the last 2 half gallons and got rid of them, becuz it was just too old in the container, and he had declared that he was off the ice cream and cow's milk. oh well I am only going to concentrate on myself from now on! That one cookie and thank goodness it was only one, really did mess me up good. And it did not even taste good to me. only sweetness really. and I do not care for that anymore... I need never do that again either. jeesh!

Getting to gym early again for Yoga class at 9 am... Cya later alligator!
Plan for BF: oats with fruit
Plan for L: collards greens mess again, on brown rice
Plan for Dinner: big green salad, Polenta and more rice and some NT sauce with some veggies cut up, like left over stuff.
Last edited by carollynne on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals