my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: my Engine 2 diet for 28 days

Postby carollynne » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

yes that is what I hope too. I did go do my post lab work, and should rec, it in the mail tomorrow, Cannot wait to see if the numbers go any better. I mean TC of 148 is pretty neat if you ask me, it is just my HBP that is not budging!
Today was a really good day,
BF: oats and blueberries, 2 small reds
L more small reds, and some V4 from my vita mix great stuff,
D: kale, collards greens with toms and quinoa added , sort of like a soup, but not too soupy...
kirsty kay, I love my juicer and the vitamix too. I really do feel so energized after I drink one of them.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby blondie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Anxious to see your blood work! I'm glad you had such a successful month! congrats!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby carollynne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks Blondie, yes I agree, hey the proof is in the pudding with me!! and science based evidence like lab reports are so cool to see. I about fell over with the last one with my TC down to 148. Lower than that?? niiice :-P :-D :) :D and :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, I am off adn running today, and had my usual

BF: oats and blueberries, and 3 small red pots, heated up in pan with some spices only love this every morning.

I am going to meet my DH at the place where he is getting his ultrasound on his liver and gallbladder due to high Liver Enz profile for 2 yrs, Perhaps this will convince him to go vegan if nothing else ever does. I am just glad that he is doing this finally. He needs to wake up and fast!

L: planned is some of DS's lentil curry soup he made up last night, and brown rice I have in cooker now with onion and garlic all chopped up.

D: more of the same, plus some of my collards/kale mix with rice too.
my staples have become bags of small red potatoes, 5 lb bags of brown jasmine rice , bundles of kale, mustard greens and collards now and then..... and pots of some kind of soup/stew with lots of spices.
love my new WOE and will stay on it for life!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 am

Hey there. Just dropping by for a quick minute. Looks like you're doing great! :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby carollynne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:57 pm

none blood work in the mail today, darn~!!
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 am

ok, I got my post lab report, and my Tc had gone up
11 but my glucose went down by 16 pts and that is nice. All I can figure out is that the pampered chef party with the sweet tea must have done me no good. but I did not eat teh foods there. and they were so amazed by that. but wait, didn't I have 2 cherries only out of the cherry cobbler maybe? and so it goes.
We had our little graduation dinner last night for the E2 challenge, it was amazing to me. so many of the people reported to us that they and lost a lot of wt, and a big drop in their numbers and wow that is so wonderful. Some had some serious medical issues too.l WE are going to continue with the potlucks get togethers but only once a month now, and I plan on attending too.
The menu for the dinner was superb too. We had a spicy butternut squash soup with a bit of a glaced balsamic vinegar. with a small pc of homemade bread with some apple butter on it. Main entree was a salad, with some odd looking greens, like water cress and some sprouts and some leaves with the E2 dressing on it toped with a few walnuts too. Then a half a stuffed roasted red pepper. the dressing was made up a vegan sausage with barely, and it was very filling and good we all agreed. Also on the plate was a beet and pineapple chutney and that was yummy too.
Dessert?? a thin slice of a cashew cream (chreese) pie with a fruit sort of topping. Oh, and the crust was a pecan mixture. so did I have too many nuts or what last night?
Some of the graduates had serious heart issues,( and I do too, when I think of it) It was so inspiring to hear a few of their brief stories of success. Mine just started about 2 yrs ago. But have lost 4 lbs this month by the fitness center's count just yesterday, and a bunch of inches again..... so hat is a success if you ask me!
Best deal of all, was that my son pd for the dinners last night, so nice of him!
Thanks, Buns, for dropping by for encouragement. I am going to continue and I want my HBP gone!!
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Carollynne, congrats on a really great 28 days and the loss of another 4 pounds!!! That's so great! I wonder if cholesterol would fluctuate just a little, up and down throughout the week...so that the 11 points could just be a little blip??? Anyway, it certainly was a successful 28 days, and my hat is off to you! :D
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:06 am

Lori, hey thanks so much, I really appreciate the encouragement from you!
You are so right, failing to plan, means that we plan to fail!
I truley loved those pot luck get together, and look so forward to being a patient of that vegan doctor too. My cardiologist never did show up at any of the wkly mtgs, but when I see him in Feb for my next appointment, I hope to have lost more and have my bp down super low. that ism y ardent plan anyway. that is a very slow go of things for real! But that tells me that I need to really adhere to the MWL plan and no no no oil at all, no cheats, no more feast days etc. With the holidays coming up etc, it will be a real challenge, but I am truly looking slimmer to myself esp around the waist! I cannot believe that my waist line is back now! I have a lost a lot of fat there, and that is so motivating to me!! yes it is!
today I am going to my dearest friend's 9 yr old grandson's birthday party and plan on bringing a bean dip with tortilla chips and my own baked chips from the real thing too, plus some celery sticks for myself to munch on. I am talking to son to come with me, as these little boys think the world of my son too, and he will help keep me on track.
starting a new thread for November for myself!
carollynne

Postby blondie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 am

Good lab work results! I think I'm inclined to think Lori is right, that your little rise in TC may just be due to normal day-to-day fluctuations. You're doing awesome!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby Rosey » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 am

Your doing great sweetie. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks everyone!! Lori, Rosie and Blondie!!
it is an awesome day outside, and Dh and I were out there doing some yard work together. LIke loading up an eniter truck load of stuff that was cut donw due to winter snow storm. Plus other stuff.
And yes I would like to say I agree with what you all are saying about my TC, but my trig, went from a previous 99 up to 166!! which means that I must have eaten something during that week prior. But not to worry, my bp over it at all, It will be fine!! after all I am a McDougaller for life!
carollynne

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Well I think you did great and TC can fluctuate a bit from week to week because of Trigs.
anyway the food sounds great from the pot luck and you are doing great. 8)
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:54 pm

So the labs can fluctuate, no worries there - but wow, you've got a waist line now! That's fantastic and that's something you can see right now all the time unlike waiting for those blood tests and so forth. I'm so impressed and so encouraged by your progress. Keep it up!

lmggallagher

Postby carollynne » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:54 pm

ahh thanks, and I really do appreciate all the encouragement from you lmggallagher, a waistline is a big deal to me. cannot believe it yet. But at that birthday party tonight, I did not have any cake, ice cream but had some of the bean and rice salad that I brought, and I avoided all the creamy dips that were there too. drank my water and was ok with it.
no small miracle here at all!
carollynne

Postby healthnut13 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Carollyne...change your ticker to reflect your new lower wt :)...we gotta live vicariously through you! :lol:
healthnut13

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals