Legends of the Fall

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Legends of the Fall

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 pm

This was truly my best day. No sugar at all in anything....

I was making my choices of food based on Happiness or Pleasure. I watched the Pleasure trap and didn't hear the same thing as Lorijenny, so it was good to read her thread. I have a hard time staying focused and I think I just didn't get the right message. What I got out of it is that we a programmed to go for the most caloric foods in order to survive and conserve energy. It's in a humans nature, therefore I figured I shouldn't beat myself up for craving that stuff.....I don't know, am I wrong? It's obvious I am not a deep thinker :)

Food

PLEASURE
Coffee
Splenda

HAPPINESS
Banana
small fig
oats with flax
peppermint tea with stevia (is stevia something I should avoid?)

spinach salad with mix veggies and beans, no dressing
1/4 cup of Spanish Lentil soup, then thought it looked like there was oil in it, so I stopped eating it.

3 bean chili

Grapes
Water

No hike today, tomorrow though

All moved out of old house!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby SactoBob » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Christine,
You got the right message out of the Pleasure Trap video. The point about pleasure/happiness was in interesting sidelight. The main thing is that you are continuing to get your plates looking better, and continuing to learn what you need to do. Keep that up and you can't help but succeed.
SactoBob

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Christine! I'm so glad you had a good day, I think it was my best day too!! I also did get out of the pleasure trap what you did...I think I just had too many thoughts in my head after to write them all down...but I agree, it did help me understand why I am craving what I am, and helped me feel like I"m not a terrible person for craving those things...but a normal person. Nice to know!!

I really like the way you listed your food under pleasure and happiness...I think that's smart thinking!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Thank for the support Lori.

I am at the deli right now and am having a hard time at it. I really want to eat junk tonight. I did have a diet coke and 1.25 oz of pistachios in the shell, oh and some sugar free certs :roll: I just keep on looking to the future, and trying to envision the person I want to be, as f1jim suggestion, not to me but to Lorijenny. I thought I could use it too. Sometimes though junk food has such a loud voice. I have 30 mins left. I am drinking water and going outside for distraction.

Food for today

Pleasure
coffee, certs, pistachios, coke zero, raw goji fruit, cocoa and nut energy chuncks

Happiness
oats with flax and truvia, jujubee fruit (cool little fruit, should I eat the outside too?), peppermint tea with truvia, kiwi, 2 mandarin oranges 4 dates, 3 bean chili with brown rice, spinach salad with veggies and raspberry dressing, 1/2 sweet potato, 3 bean chili
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby blondie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm going to have to google jujubee fruit and find out what this is -- I'm in a rural area where I'm lucky to be able to find basic produce sometimes! :lol: I saw jicama in the store for the first time today and remembered I had seen someone mention eating that.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey Blondie....I had never heard of Jujubes till Lori had some. They look like chestnuts but bigger with the texture of an apple.Jicama is a crunchy veg, good for dipping in salsa, putting on salad or squeeze lime juice on it. I am into trying new things on this WOE.

I just love the way your chart looks....down, down, down it goes.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 am

Have to go back to the Deli till lunch time again. Different resolve in the AM. Will bring lots to eat...sweet potato, oats, fruit.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:28 am

Hi Christine! Hey hope the day goes well at the Deli...good idea to bring lots of good food to eat! I really love the jujubees...the woman we buy them from says they are part of the date family, they are so sweet and delicious!! I had never heard of them until recently. She also said that the browner they are the sweeter they are.
Hope you are feeling all settled after your move and have a great day at the deli!
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Christine, and here I kept wondering why you would eat a jujebee candy, becuz that is all I know them to be! now I get it. LOL too funny

I could never work at a deli and keep away from all the candy, I have to avoid all the candy aisles at stores and stay in the produce sections the most. So you are going well good if you ask me!
Great that you are all moved out too. nice I bet!
looks like we have all abandoned that circle of friends now!! oh well, that is life! Good luck for tomorrow!
night to you!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Got through the deli action with out a hitch...Nothing better then going mock shopping to keep you on track though, fun to try on all kinds of clothes, even the real expensive ones just to see how they look.

Groats:

coffee, popcorn without salted grease

1/2 a sweet potato, oats with flax and truvia, kiwi, spinach salad with rasp vinaigrette and all kinds of raw veggies 3 bean chili with brown rice, water

no hiking today unless you call walking the whole length of a mall and back hiking :)
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Not the best day...

1.5 hour hike

Coffee, oats w/ flax and truvia, coffee again, baked hash browns with mixed bells, ketchup and hot sauce, 5 dates, 3 bean chili, 6 dates, 5.1 oz of nuts,water, water, water.

Need to add greens and fruit tomorrow
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey Christine! How are you doing? How is your week going?? :D
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh just hangin' in there...
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby to_our_health » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Hope the living situation/moving hasn't been too discombobulating. Thinking good thoughts for you...keep hanging in!
to_our_health

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Discombobulated...what a great word and yes I am. Few bad days, emotionally and food wise, they seem to go hand in hand and is exactly what I am working on. I ordered Pleasure trap DVD and another book. I will be getting back into the groove soon enough....made good food choices today.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals