Blondie's October Challenge

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Blondie's October Challenge

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 am

" slept well, thank you. I bought some dry cat food yesterday so they will have something to nibble on in the middle of the night without having to wake me, and I "slept in" until 6 am this morning. :lol: "

That works for you and the cats leave you alone at night!!! Sheesh, mine wake me up to come watch them eat their danged crunchies! I still love that you got your cat up throughout the day for waking you. I will torment mine all day for waking me at midnight!!
Last edited by lmggallagher on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmggallagher

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

I think my cat knew I was mad at her for waking me -- I shut her out of the bedroom and went and spritzed her in the face with water every time she scratched at the door to come in that night! I was awake from 1 to 5 am doing battle with a cat! :lol: :lol:

Today I walked in the park with my friend for 1/2 hour, then went to the gym and did 3x on the resistance circuit. My food for today was:
B: Oatmeal with banana, walnuts, cinnamon; green tea
L: Brown rice with tomato soup
D: (Out to eat with DH at local cafe) Baked potato with mustard and ketchup (Thanks to Rosey for that idea!) Lettuce and tomato salad with fat free dijon dressing from home, pickled beets
S: Banana, popcorn, herb tea
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Duh, Now I know why you're in a plateau: lack of sleep. Seriously, when I was on the Nationally known weight loss program, my counselor and I could track the lack of weight loss right back to no sleep. But my fall back option is always blame the cats. Of course, racoons can take some blame too, but that's another story, hehe!

Nice, your friend & you got to walk together after all :)

lmggallagher

Postby vanessa40 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 am

I know all about losing sleep because of your pet. I have a 12 year old chihuahua and she loves to start coughing about 2am and then wants to go out. Yeah thanks for that :)
I love the baked potato with mustard and ketchup. I will have to try that today....
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby blondie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

We have 2 cats and a lab mix dog. Our girl kitty, while sweet and loveable, is a big brat. My beautiful white calico Priscilla is definitely a Priss, and our boy, Paisley, a big black manx cat, loves to mess with her and get her peeved.

This is my Priss when she was a kitten -- I submitted her picture to www.CuteOverload.com and they not only put her up on the blog, they later used her pic for their page-a-day calendar -- now I see her pic on the internet all the time.

Anyway, I had a much better sleep last night, and still holding out hope for some weight loss when I weigh tomorrow.

Today I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast, with a cup of green tea. For lunch I had some brown rice and an ear of corn. I had a huge plate of salad with fat free dressing for dinner, with some rice and beans. I also had an apple for a snack today.

My exercise today was a 1 mile in-home walking video.
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Blondie --

I am so glad to hear you had good sleep last night! The picture of your Priss girl is just adorable. I surfed over to CuteOverload, but saved myself just in time- I could get seriously sucked in looking at cute and funny animals. But I will go back, when I need cheering!

Priss and Paisley are great names too! I'll have to see If I can find pictures of my two felions, (felines, felons - hmm the last one) too. And I am really curious about a Chihuahua in Halloween costume.

Keeping my fingers X'd that you have been saving up a big drop at the end of the week. I think the swimming is helping me this week, it's a pretty intensive workout with resistance. My trainer is really wanting me to come 3 x a week and my bank account is screaming NO WAY. I wish I could do the Curves type workout you are doing, but I bet that is pricey too.

Let's hope these cats let us sleep tonight - I have threatened squirt bottle retaliation. See you are already an ADVISOR on all aspects of life! :D

lmggallagher

Postby landog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

At our house, Gato lets us sleep. She just torments us by day!

I guess I should count my blessings!

Stay well,
-dog
landog

Postby blondie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 pm

:lol: See, I have a degree in Psychology -- I'm providing her with negative reinforcement. :lol: You scratch my door, you get water in your face -- it's just a fine mist spray bottle, but she sure doesn't like it.

My gym membership is $27 a month, cheaper than I paid for the 2 blood pressure meds I used to have to take.

Landog, my boy cat Paisley is more active during the day and sleeps more at night. I wish Priss would switch to his schedule!
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby vanessa40 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 am

I have a friend who did the same thing to her cat after a week she finally stopped jumping on the table.

Hope you have a great day :)
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby woods38 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 am

Such a cute pic!

Good job getting the exercise done. I use exercise dvd's a lot. I no longer have a gym membership but I am determined to get back into shape without it.

I'm sure the scale will reflect your hard work. If not, kick it. :lol:
woods38

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 am

blondie,

We would have lost weight this week but for our solidarity, I wasn't if you didn't and visa versa.! This is my story and I am sticking to it, hehehehe!

Still, shall we try for 2 again next week!

OK Queen of the Bargains - get this, swimming $15 a session x 12 = I don't want to think about it!. Gym for you $27. I am sure that I could find a gym, probably the Y that would be equivalent here, but sadly the only thing that has consistently helped the fibro is this hot water pool & it's great instructors. Soooo....

Have a wonderful day :)

lmggallagher

Postby blondie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 am

I have a friend who did the same thing to her cat after a week she finally stopped jumping on the table.

I'm hoping she will learn, it is nice to have a sound sleep without interruptions!

Good job getting the exercise done. I use exercise dvd's a lot. I no longer have a gym membership but I am determined to get back into shape without it.

I'm sure the scale will reflect your hard work. If not, kick it.

Thanks, Woods! I think I need to kick my scale...it didn't move. :lol:

We would have lost weight this week but for our solidarity, I wasn't if you didn't and visa versa.! This is my story and I am sticking to it, hehehehe!

Still, shall we try for 2 again next week!

OK Queen of the Bargains - get this, swimming $15 a session x 12 = I don't want to think about it!. Gym for you $27. I am sure that I could find a gym, probably the Y that would be equivalent here, but sadly the only thing that has consistently helped the fibro is this hot water pool & it's great instructors. Soooo....

So it's your fault I didn't lose, is that what you're telling me? :lol: I guess we just need to keep on working and our weight will eventually catch up with our hard work!

There is a YMCA 30 miles from here that has water aerobics 3x a week, and I was tempted to join because it sounds like fun, but that is such a drive for me. I'm sorry your pool sessions are expensive, but you are worth the extra expense! If it makes you able to exercise and feel good, then that sounds like the right thing to do. Now that you are saving money on groceries, hopefully it will even out and not put too much strain on your budget. :)
[/url]
Image[/url]>
blondie

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 am

Deal- it's my fault this week we didn't loose, but next week if we don't you're to blame, hahaha!

lmggallagher

Postby carollynne » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:28 am

hi Blondie, I love peppermint too~ very niice in the am, or evening for me!!
have a good weekend to you! love your walking in the park, that is where I am headed myself too.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby woods38 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:29 am

Sorry to hear that the scale didn't move for you this week. That's so frustrating when you do everything right but then...nothing. It has happened to me in the past where I start off at week 1 with a good loss, week 2 less, week 3 nothing, week 4 nothing, then finally the scale will move again. We can only do the right things and hope for the best. We can only control our actions not the outcomes. I wish it were different. I know you are doing all the right things so eventually that darn scale will cooperate. It has to.

Had fun reading your October journal this morning.
woods38

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals