Oct.Journey 2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Oct.Journey 2011

Postby RAS » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Oct.27
11-7 carrots,oats,apple tea
8a- oats,apple,1T.walnuts,1/2T.Flax Seed ground
busy not hungry today
3pm.Fasting but drinking water...131 :-( My fastings are better after a good nights sleep.
Salad 1/2C.sf kidney beans.tea
Later-If I am hungry...brown rice broccoli & spinach.
RAS

Postby RAS » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello,Computer was down this morning and couldn't get on here.
Fbs 101!!!!!!!!
B-Oats,bananna,1/2T.ground Flax seed,black coffee
L- Salad 2 small nuked potatoes water
D- busy busy So had a McDougal instant soup.Yumm!and small salad.tea
RAS

Postby SactoBob » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 pm

The blood sugars are coming down consistently into a better range. It would be interesting to do a comparison back a month or two ago.
SactoBob

Postby RAS » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:24 am

Oct.29.2011 FBs 101 weight 155.2 Loss of 10.6 for the month of Oct.!!!!!!!Yea Thanks SBob for organizing this challenge.I plan to continue this until all the weight is gone and bs are perfect.

B-Oats,bananna,1T.chopped walnuts,1/2T.flax seed ground,Tea
L-Salad,potatoes
D-Minestroni Vegg.Soup.(Began making it earlier)so hope it is ready.
RAS

Postby SactoBob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:31 am

You are welcome, RAS, and thanks for participating and showing what a focus on adherence to a healthy eating plan can do. You have to be delighted, and this is the type of result that really makes me happy to a part of the community here. It is wonderful to see somebody getting better, and it is such a great example of what can be done.

It would be great if you did a summary at the end of the month and contrasted where you were with where you are. I'll bet that Dr. McDougall would also be interested in seeing what you have done, and would suggest you write it up for him, too, at some point in time.
SactoBob

Postby RAS » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 am

Oct.30

11-7 carrots & a pear
8am-oats bananna,flax Seed,walnuts
1pm- Church outing,I brought my own stuff.Potatoe & watermellon.Probably too much fruit today,but better that then going off plan.
D-Minestrone soup,salad Hot tea.cold here today.
RAS

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 am

Hi RAS

Just peeking in to say YAY! and Hello. and you are such an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your FBS numbers. It was an eye opening thing for me. I hope it was for others too, but it will really help me to stay on track having seen what it has done for you.

Keep up the good work!
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby RAS » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks Kitty,I am glad I helped some-one to stay on track.MikeT made a point yesterday that really hit me in the gut."You know what to do"Yes I do,so I am going to continue this not as a diet but a way of life. RAS
RAS

Postby RAS » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:41 am

Oct.31 Last day of challenge....that helped me get back on track.
Been battling sinus congestion (very ongoing)but more so this past week. Went to another outing last night...2 in 1 day is challenging.I ate befor I went,so instead of sitting there when every-one was eating..as eating is a social thing too.so I went and got some pickles,relish and chopped onions ..they were pretty good, then the kids did trunk or treat.....the only thing I had was a 1/2 oz. of pretzels..the other stuff really didn't interest me & I worked too darn hard to get the junk out of my system this month to start all over again. & wouldn't you know an ingrediant at the bottom of the list was corn oil !!!!!!!! Geesh can't get away even if I try... :eek: Anyway couldn't sleep so got up took some allergy sinus med and did a fbs......130 though not good,it would have been thru the roof if I indulged...so I am happy with this..& continue on,to the next month...I wrote more now then the whole month of Oct. lol. Hope all do well next month and thru the holidays. RAS

B-Tea,Oats,bananna,flax seed,walnuts
S- Baby carrots
L-Minestronie Soup, Salad
D-Potatoes,Veggies,Salad and tea.
RAS

Postby blondie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 am

Great job with your blood sugars this past month, RAS! And on to the holidays! :-D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby RAS » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Oct.was a good month of staying 99.9% McDougall. I will continue my journey with the Holiday Excursion.See you there! RAS
RAS

Postby kirstykay » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Great job completing your October challenge, RAS!!!! You should celebrate you success in some way! You have proven to yourself that you CAN do it! Congratulations! You've gotten some impressive results this month! Good luck on the "Holiday Excursion"...I'll see you there! :)
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals