Purdumse's journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Purdumse's journal

Postby purdumse » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:35 pm

So far I have been half-assing a McDougall diet for about a week and a half. The first couple days I gained about five pounds from bingeing on massive amounts of food. I had also come from a high-protein, calorie-counting diet, so some of that was probably water weight. I have since been loosely following the program (lots of sweets and candy, peanut butter slips, chocolate slips, yada yada yada) and am starting this journal to track my progress as of today and to keep it in the day. Thinking of doing this forever doesn't work for me, so just for today I'm going to eat the way I know is good for me and not worry about tomorrow.

So far I've had some frozen grapes, oatmeal, a green tea (cutting back on the coffee that snuck back into my diet) and a McDougall black bean soup. Oh, and a bell pepper. So far, I haven't been hungry all day. Love it! Also, as far as bowel movements go (really? In public? Haha) I have had great success. I have been vegetarian before but ate a high fat diet with little to no starch and thought I just had a problem with IBS. Not anymore.

I also struggle with a constant preoccupation with food which I am counteracting with spiritual remedies. I'm trying to turn my life over to a higher power and am taking different action whenever I start to obssess about food which I usually do. I am definately a volume eater and will eat until I am physically ill, though it doesn't take much food to quell my actual hunger. So today is a good day, trying to keep it simple and tomorrow I'll come back for another good day. Good luck to everyone on a journey to making their lives better day by day!
purdumse

Re: Purdumse's journal

Postby purdumse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 am

So I just went out on a date (yay!) and went to a vegan reastuarant but got a vegan chicken parmesean! On top of that, we got non-vegan forzen yogurt afterwards. I am so so full and am just realizing while I do forgive myself and know I am on the path to healing and learning myself I am acting in a matter that is injurious to my body and mind as it is stressful on both. Tomorrow is a fresh new day and I am sipping a hot tea before bed to hopefully aid in digestion but I have been praying for guidance as to what my God (she, he, and/or it) would have me do instead. I feel so grateful to have every experience so I can better navigate the next step along my path. So what will my next step bring? We will see tomorrow. Good night McDougallers.
purdumse

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning