MmmCarb's Good Food Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MmmCarb's Good Food Journal

Postby Silver » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:01 am

Thinking of you.
Silver

Postby f1jim » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:01 am

I am too. We'd love an update when you can.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby MmmCarbs » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for thinking of me. I've been away a while. I'm in chemotherapy right now. I'm tolerating it pretty well. I'm not really following the McDougall diet at this point. The chemo creates taste changes, nausea and food aversions that seem to change daily. Eating unprocessed low calorie density just doesn't work too well with all that. Veggies and potatoes actually became bad tasting for a while. I'm having to eat whatever has appeal, and was also advised to get extra protein since the chemo kills healthy cells that need to be re-built. I'm still trying to get as many fruits and veggies as I can, though I often have to add sauces and dips to make them palatable.

On the plus side I'm keeping up with six day a week walking, and I finally got over my espresso addiction. Coffee was tasting awful and creating anxiety and nausea, so it lost all appeal.
MmmCarbs

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:35 pm

So glad to hear that you are doing well & tolerating the chemo.

I remember when my mom was on chemo, she said the same thing about her food. Changed everyday or so, what she could tolerate or wanted to eat.

So glad that you checked in. We miss you here on the boards.

I keep you in my prayers.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby MmmCarbs » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks Jan.
MmmCarbs

Postby Rosey » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 am

HUGS!!! Your in thoughts and prayers.
Rosey

Previous