Ben's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Ben's journal

Postby Ben » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Norm and Jim

Oh yes, I am very aware that just reducing the quantity of crap rather than transforming the crap is a very limited step, but for now it is the only change that I have been able to implement in over a decade so I consider it a happy achievement :-D but I know it is not the solution I need to proceed with long term

And I know all about calorie density, and I know it is the next thing I need to implement. I am getting closer to it. I have been psychologically circling around it :-D and it is going to happen soon. For the first time ever I have been trying not to spook myself as this has been what has happening very time until now when I have been thinking about making changes.

Thank you both very much for posting. I think you have both done amazing things and I know what you're telling me is spot on. I will be ready for it soon

Ben
Ben

Re: Ben's journal

Postby WeeSpeck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Ben,

Congratulations on your teaching award and scholarship. An award of this caliber goes to people who take pride in their job, set goals for the greater good and find value in going the extra mile. That is so admirable!!

This says a lot about the man behind the award! It is a reflection of your values and the efforts you put towards your career.

Now, apply those same character traits towards yourself. Strive for the greater good in the foods you choose to eat, the extra mile you can walk and the pride in your overall health.

It used to frustrate me so bad that I could put such effort into everything I endeavor in my home and career but seemed to allow my own health to elude me. No more! I am worth it! So are you.

Keep going!
--\--@ Nancy @--/--

I am but a wee speck in the big picture of the universe.
WeeSpeck

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals