Kris's plan...Beck diet solution...100% MWL

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Kris's plan...Beck diet solution...100% MWL

Postby carrotlvr » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 pm

B: apple, banana, coffee
L: potato and cabbage soup, apple
D: eggplant, onion, butternut squash soup, carrots
S: plain air popped corn
E: Firm boot camp DVD

Notes: The potato cabbage soup is a Dr. Fuhrman recipe that is easy and very yummy. It is potato, cabbage, onion, carrot, braggs and pickling spices with 1 c. split peas cooked in a big pot. I'll be eating this all week. I also threw together a tomato bisque tonight that I will eat all week. This is almost all vegetables so I can add rice or beans to it and eat it throughout the week without getting bored. Except for roasting some vegetables tomorrow, I won't need to cook now for myself until next weekend.
carrotlvr

Postby blondie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I had some cabbage in the fridge I needed to use up last week and added it to potato soup I was making with yukon golds. It was delish! I like the idea of adding split peas -- I have a bag of yellow split peas in the pantry, will try adding some to my potato soup next time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby carrotlvr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Blondie- The split peas add a nice texture. I also use pickling spices wrapped in cheese cloth to flavor my soup.

Yesterday I made cookies for my daughter's upcoming recital. That was a bad idea. I consumed many calories in chocolate. Next time I will make something flaky and boring that is easy to resist. Today I feel very groggy and lethargic, I'm sure due to the SAD food, but it could also have a little to do with my insane work schedule on Monday. I am right back on track today and have learned from my mistake.

B: not too hungry a few veg munchies and a honeycrisp
L: smoothie of greens and fruit and sm. bowl of soup
D: tomato soup with roasted vegetables and chicpeas, fruit for dessert
E: walk/ jog with the dogs

Notes: I am still trying to figure out how to handle lunch on Mondays with my 1/2 hour time frame. That includes getting my art room ready for afternoon kids too. The smoothie seemed to be a good choice. If I start drinking my smoothie before my last class ends, then I have time to get to the lounge to warm my soup.

Kris
carrotlvr

Postby carrotlvr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:43 pm

L: banana, mango green smoothie, potato soup, salad
D: banana smoothie, tomato soup (planned)

Notes: I wasn't hungry this morning so I didn't eat, but I think I overate at lunch since I was uncomfortable for awhile. I like eating a salad first, but then I am usually a little too full after a meal. So, the new plan is too have a salad with my meal, but serve myself less of the main dish/starch. I have always been a member of the clean plate club and I have a hard time breaking that habit. I'm really not that far from my goal weight. I have been successful in breaking other bad habits, but there are a few things that are keeping from my goal. Eating just a little less and knowing when to stop will make a big difference for me. Listening to true hunger and eating til satisfied is a new daily goal!

Kris
carrotlvr

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

hi, just stopping by to say hi!! good luck, I like the idea of pickling spices for soup!! I will have to try it!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby eaufraiche703 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

just noticed that you're using Beck, Kris! isn't it a fantastic way of keeping on track?

your journal is great - keep on keepin' on!

:nod:
what would Scooby do?
eaufraiche703

Postby carrotlvr » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks for stopping by eaufraiche and carolynne. Yes, Beck Diet solution makes a lot of sense. Just by reviewing my goals and using a few rules I've made a lot of improvements.

B: banana blueberry green smoothie
L: tomato bisque with a few chicpeas and rice, apple
S: apple
D: planned vegetables, potato with butternut squash/corn soup

Notes: Last night I was careful mot to eat too much. I still wasn't that hungry for breakfast so my smoothie was a banana, a few blueberries and greens. I have been craving them lately. Some people find them not to be very satisfying but I love them and find them very filling and satisfying.

Kris
carrotlvr

Postby vegandrea » Tue May 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi carrotlvr,

I'm glad I found your journal here. I'm reading the Beck Diet Solution and am at the point where I have to prioritize my schedule. I've chosen MWL as my diet (I've been on it before but never stayed on it for a long time). I've also followed Eat to Live, with the same results.

I'm scheduled to start in less than a week (if I stick to the Beck Diet Solution schedule, that is). I'm hoping to combine the best of E2L and MWL into one diet (if that's at all possible) especially since I've gotten in the habit of starting my days with a green smoothie and prefer them to breakfast over anything else. I want to follow the guidelines for MWL the rest of the day.

I see from some of your posts that you also have smoothies. Do you pretty much stick to MWL the rest of the day? Sorry to be so nosy but it helps me to talk to people to get an idea of what works for them.

Thanks for your time.

vegandrea
vegandrea

Postby carrotlvr » Wed May 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi,

As far as the smoothies go, I don't get legalistic about what plan I follow. I haven't had a smoothie for months. I ate a lot of oats this winter. Lately I haven't been too hungry for breakfast and have a small snack a few hours before lunch. I try to listen to my body more these days. Now with warmer weather coming, I may switch back when I feel the desire.

I have found when I try to stick to either MWL or ETL, which I had much success on in the past, it gets to the point where there are too many rules. Now, I do the best I can to eat healthy. I try to listen to my body and when I feel like I have had too many starches I eat more veggies. Some days I have a few nuts, some days I don't.

Don't delay starting in a week. If you already decided to follow a plant based diet, start now.

Kris

I don't know if that answers your question. I hope it helps you on your journey.
carrotlvr

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals