Mulligan!!!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mulligan!!!

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I just need to start over. I've been all over the place with this diet...I'm frustrated with myself and I just really need to begin anew. I tried to let myself have little treats or exceptions, but I find that it's just getting in the way of my progress, and keeping me feeling tied to those SAD foods.

I thought of joining in on the Sept. Challenge...but I am afraid I'd let people down, so I'm just going to list my food and triumphs and struggles here instead. I welcome, and hope for advice and encouragement from others, and other friends to join who feel like they need a mulligan too :) (for those who don't play golf...a mulligan means a second chance)

I need to do this, I have hypercholesteremia, as well as sky high triglycerides. I've pretty much come a long ways towards clearing up my arthritis problems as it is, so I'm thrilled about that, I'm thrilled that my blood pressure is normal now...but I still need to lose weight for the cholesterol/trigylcerides/and because I have a heart wall that is thickening and my cardiologist says the only way to fix it is to lose weight.

I started this journey in January and have lost 21 pounds so far (I had lost 30, but managed to gain back 9) So...this is where I am...I feel so frustrated with my going back and forth, with my inability to just walk away from the SAD food. It's an addiction...and yep, it feels crappy to have to be without it...but it is what I have to do to be healthy, and I know that I will look back and have no desire for SAD food anymore.

I have to just be brave and start over again (again)....MULLIGAN!!!!
LoriJenny

Re: Mulligan!!!

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:48 pm

LoriJenny-

This was posted a few years ago in the Lounge. Perhaps it will give you some motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc

Good luck on your 2nd chance.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:08 pm

I absolutely love that...thanks Jan!!!
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Thank you Debbie...I appreciate that! I will definately consider it!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Chile » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Ah, Debbie beat me to it. I was going to say almost exactly what she said. So far, everyone has been supportive of each other and not judgmental, which is good! I think we all understand that this is about challenging ourselves not picking apart what other people are eating.

Do what will work for you and commit ... to yourself. You are worth it!
Chile

Postby Marla » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:34 pm

LoriJenny, you are absolutely welcome to come do the challenge. It might be just the motivation you need!

My understanding is that the only requirement is that participants be trying to follow the plan (regular or MWL) 100%. It doesn't mean they will be perfect.

And no, we won't pick apart people's food choices, especially if they seem aware that something in their menu wasn't on plan. It's possible someone might point out an off-plan choice if the person who ate it seems unaware that it was not allowed on the program or unaware that it contains oil etc. That kind of support seems helpful to me.

Whatever you decide, I am cheering you on and I wish you success. I wonder if there are any McDougall Mulligan stew recipes you could make in honor of your new journal! :lol:
Marla

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:46 pm

LoriJenny wrote:I absolutely love that...thanks Jan!!!

You're welcome. I like to watch it, too. It gives me motivation. Hope it gave you a boost.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby victw » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 pm

LoriJenny,

Congratulations on the 30 lbs weight loss.

You've already proven that you know how this works.

Focus on the all the right choices and use the bad choice times as learning opportunities for what to change next time.

This is my second go around - and I've noticed my focus has changed - I'm also learning more about calorie density and nutrient density.

I would strong consider attending a 5 day program. If that can't be worked out - I would definitely recommend the 4 lectures of DVD's that Jeff gives - these cover the same material as the lectures he gives in the program - really priceless.

You might also consider some of Dr. McDougall DVD's that apply to your specific situation.

Best wishes.
Vic
11/1/19 Sloppy - 137.6/21.55
1/1/19 Still maintaining - 134.8/21.11
10/12/18 Maintenance wt - 136.4 BMI 21.36
5/6/18 151.8 lbs 23.8 - Normal. 4/8/18 154.6 lbs BMI 24.2 - Normal. 3/11/18 161 BMI 25.2 Overweight.
3 years staying on plan is the goal.
victw

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning