~Kitty Kat with a journal~

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

~Kitty Kat with a journal~

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 am

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I have decided to keep a journal to help transition to McDougalling. It's nice to see where you are going wrong and where you are going right.

So a little about me, I am a newlywed. Now that the wedding stress is over I am ready to make some healthy lifestyle changes. I realized how unhealthy I look by getting back wedding pictures. Until then I almost never let anyone take a picture of me, so I guess it was easier to hide from my weight. Well there is no hiding on your wedding day with 10-15 different people taking pictures of you from all angles :lol:

My starting weight is 210, and my height is about 5"5. I have a ways to go, but just gotta keep focused on one day, and one meal, at a time.
kitty_kat

Re: ~Kitty Kat with a journal~

Postby simoncat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi, Kitty-K. It's nice to have another cat around. Anyway, hope you'll let us know more and what you are eating, etc. Welcome! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby StarchBeet » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm

I looks like the side view of a woman in a cape with her head throw back, her arms in the air as well as her leg thrown back up in the air to me Debbie.
StarchBeet

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Hey thanks for posting :)

The picture is a woman who is dancing ballet. There was a beautiful commercial I saw but now I can't find it to share, sorry.

Anyways today so far I have eaten:

B: 2 pieces of corn on the cob
S: 1 grapefruit
L: bean and potato soup
S: a couple bites of watermelon, sadly it wasn't good and will need to be tossed.
D: bean and potato soup with 1/2 a squash with cinnamon and a little sugar cane on top. Also a cup of grapefruit sparkling water, Perrior is the name I believe.
S: A soy chocolate pudding. I am not sure if this is allowed as a treat but it has 6.9% of calories from fat, no HFCS, and no added oils. (I have 2 of them left in the fridge)
S: 1 grapefruit, a couple "drunken beans"(green beans in a peppery vinager, no fat, just leftover from my mom staying here, lol), and now 1 more piece of corn on the cob.

So today I have learned I need to be better prepared. Right now it is nearly the end of the day and I am starving. I must have had 4 bowls of bean and potato soup, but when I really think of it my fiance had 1 bowl as well and in the whole soup there were only 2 large potatoes.

Tomorrow I should be able to get to the grocery store to get some extra veggies as today I was just doing left overs in the house.

Maybe I should consider cooking a bunch of potatoes or something. I do not own a microwave so I need to think even more ahead.

Exercise:
*Today all I did was some light clean up around the house
Last edited by kitty_kat on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitty_kat

Postby Marla » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Kitty Kat,

I hear you about the wedding pics! I got married in a size 20 dress. Three months later I started McDougalling. Connection? LOL.

Welcome to the forum.
Marla

Postby kitty_kat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Marla, glad to know I am not the only one here who had the post wedding kick in the kaboose :lol: .

I actually did try to lose before the wedding. I tried the Dr.Oz program... well I gained it all back plus a few, and man I put in so much hard work and cutting calories was so hard. I ended up just too tired to workout. I don't know how people do calorie restriction and then go to the gym for 2 hours, I didn't want to do much at all.
kitty_kat

Aug 31st/2011

Postby kitty_kat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Well I am sitting here with some green tea thinking about how happy I am with how yesterday went. I had wondered if I could actually do something so "extreme" only to find it's not extreme at all.

There is a family dinner on the 5th and it's with my husbands auntie. She is the best cook I have ever met. I am going to email her however and tell her that I am on a diet, because she goes on diets and will support this answer, and will be bringing my own food. I will eat my own meal, maybe bring a mango or something sweet for my own dessert, and maybe have a glass of wine with them. I will let you all know if it goes as smoothly and I am foreseeing to try fit right into this dinner party. I just gotta keep and open and positive mind :)

Anyways so far today has been good. In a little while I will be going to go get some extra veggies and fruits for the house. My husband and I have also agreed to do a workout program together at home, so we will be starting Tac-Fit tonight.

Food:

B: a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal(homemade), and a green tea
S: bowl of green snap peas, 1 grapefruit
L: homemade "Greek style" rice X 2 small plates
S: 1 cup of the chocolate soya pudding I talked about yesterday, 1 more small plate of rice
D: 1/2 piece yellow pepper stuffed with the Greek rice, black beans, long green beans, topped with a little sweet chili sauce, and mashed potatoes
S: a few bites of plain popcorn, a fruit smoothy, and mashed potatoes

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Last edited by kitty_kat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kitty_kat

Postby kittyadventures » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Kitty Kat welcome to MCDougalling and the forum, from a nother cat :lol:

sounds like you are off to a great start I am also extending my congrats on your recent wedding.

and hang in there and you will be feeling great in no time.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby kitty_kat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks kittyadventures

Hey has anyone else seemed extra hungry eating this way? I am finding myself hungry and then not knowing what to eat. :P
kitty_kat

Sept 1st, 2011

Postby kitty_kat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 am

Well it is the first day of September, and the 1st day of the 100% compliance challenge! I have entered this to learn more about what 100% will mean for me.

My husband and I forgot to do tac-fit last night as we went to this cooking store with a gift certificate from our wedding. I bought a waffle maker and I am so excited to give it a try sometime with a McD friendly recipe :D

Food:
B: bowl of homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal <3
S: small grapefruit
L: 2 bowls of homemade potato and bean soup
S: champagne grapes (wow so good!)
D: (made as a treat for my hubby) 4 small whole wheat pineapple pancakes with a little agave syrup (originally we were trying the waffle iron but without oil it was a big fail, I am so sad about it after spending that money)
S: 2 more small pancakes with some sour cherry sauce on top for flavor

Exercise:
Day 1 of TacFit

Well looking over what I wrote I definitely see that I didn't have my green veggies. Man am I ever glad I am writing this stuff down because it's so much more noticeable. All in all I am still happy I had no oil and my husband and I finally have started TacFit after months and months of procrastination :lol:

Note for tomorrow.... greens!
Last edited by kitty_kat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitty_kat

Postby kittyadventures » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:00 pm

kitty_kat wrote:Thanks kittyadventures

Hey has anyone else seemed extra hungry eating this way? I am finding myself hungry and then not knowing what to eat. :P

Yes two things help upping your amount of starch and or adding leguemes.. I add leguemes.. they really help keep my hunger at bay!

kittyadventures

Postby kitty_kat » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey thanks for the tip kittyadventures

Well today has been alright. I find myself wondering sometimes what is allowed and what isn't. Per example I love making pancakes, I go through times when I eat a lot of them, and then times when I don't. Right now I have been because it's a nice food to slide me into McDougalling.

Here is what is in them:
*2 cups whole wheat flour
*4 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp salt
*water
*2-3 bananas

I make it runny and then it turns out almost like crepes, mmmm. I also just throw this all into the blender, so easy.

Food:
B: oatmeal with raisins and a little agave on top
S: champagne grapes
L: 2 bowls of potato bean soup
S: 1 more bowl of soup
D: 4 pancakes with a little agave drizzled on top and asparagus on the side
S: 2 more pancakes... hmmm maybe too many of those although they are small and very thin. Oh well tomorrow is stir fry :D

Exercise:
*TacFit day 2
*20 minute light walk at the park
kitty_kat

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:46 am

Pancakes are McDougall compliant but not Maximum weightloss compliant so I try to only have them once in a while.. I love them too, When I get to my goal weight i will probably have them more often.

kittyadventures

Postby kitty_kat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Food:
B: oatmeal with a banana mushed in
S: 2 small pancakes with agave
L: brown rice with mixed veggie stir fry
S: Santa Cruz "pop" (fruit juice mixed with sparkling water and cane sugar, I feel bad for having this but it kept me away from the pop that was where we were)
D: 4 pancakes with cherry jam on top

I feel bad about the pancakes but it was so easy today. There is so much to learn about eating this way, prepping food especially so you're not starving when you get home and just make pancakes, lol.

I think I want to try MWL in a little while, first I want a chance to get used to the program :)
kitty_kat

Postby kittyadventures » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 am

Sweetie EAt those panckaes they are MCDOUGALL Compliant just not MWL compliant so yu are fine.

and I find if I keep a light heart about the food I do lots better.

I think you are doing spectacular!

kittyadventures

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals