100% Compliant September Challenge

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 100% Compliant September Challenge

Postby Chile » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I decided not to let today's slip ruin the rest of my day. I spent several hours reading through the entire (40 page!) no processed food challenge from last October. By the time I was done, it was late and I was quite hungry. I almost said, "Screw it," and went to Subway but reason kicked in.

I heated up the George Foreman grill, put frozen hashbrowns in to cook, defrosted a small single-serving of frozen cooked mashed pinto beans, washed and chopped up some Romaine lettuce, and got ready to assemble dinner.

The hashbrowns covered the bottom of the plate. The beans were spread over the potatoes. I sprinkled on a few pre-sliced mushrooms. A layer of salsa came next, followed by the last of my pre-shredded carrots-zucchini-daikon. The huge and healthy (unprocessed!) meal was finished off with a big handful of lettuce.

I'm really happy with myself for not spiraling down to more and more poor choices. And I'm hoping that in Bob's challenge that having someone to kick my butt will help me quit lying to myself.
Chile

Postby PattyC » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 am

Excellent Chile!! You made it through one more meal and that deserves a big pat on the back! Sometimes that's all we can ask of ourselves - one meal at a time. That's just life.
Pat

PattyC

Postby blondie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 am

Last day of September. Thanks ladies for all your encouragement! I learned a bit about my eating and realized that even though I'm not committed to MWL, I was allowing too many regular McD "legal" foods to fill my menus and slow my weight loss. I lost 4 lbs. this months, and would have like to have seen double that amount -- on to October, and looking forward to Bob and Gypsy's challenge. My goal for exercise was to do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of resistance every weekday (monday -fri). I accomplished 19 out of 22 weekdays, so I'm feeling fairly good about that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby StarchBeet » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Good work, chile. I went off on some tangent due to being exhausted and in pain or some other things I haven't figured out yet. I decided to try to make home-made lara bars. So I've tasted the concoction too many times since I'm creating it rather than following a recipe. Now I feel I've eaten enough calories for the entire day. Its made of nuts, dates and almond milk. The outside has some cacao powder. I wish I'd eaten a salad first. Now my stomach feels awful. Too much rich stuff if I want to really lose weight. I've not added anything off plan (intentionally). Once this month the veggies may have had some oil on them. But I need to spread out my sweet creations to once every few months. I think the banana muffins are fine at once or twice a month still. Thanks for the challenge. :-P
StarchBeet

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Is there going to be an October Challenge??? Someone said something about Bob and gypsy's challenge, but I don't see it anywhere. :)
LoriJenny

Postby Chile » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah, I've been waiting for that to show up, too. People need the lowdown on it before it starts... (This, at least, has been my experience with hosting numerous online challenges, not necessarily related to eating but some were. People need prep time!)
Last edited by Chile on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chile

Postby Chile » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 am

Challenge Wrap-up: I hope that everyone who tried this felt like it made a difference - mental and physical - to their approach to McDougalling. Dr. McDougall has always said that the results you get will depend on how much change you make. Little changes get little results and big changes get big results.
Chile

Postby megs » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 am

Chile wrote:Challenge Wrap-up: I hope that everyone who tried this felt like it made a difference - mental and physical - to their approach to McDougalling. Dr. McDougall has always said that the results you get will depend on how much change you make. Little changes get little results and big changes get big results.

It definitely made a difference for me, and I want to thank you for starting the challenge. My meals may have been uninspired but they were 100% McDougall Max and as a result I'm only 4 lbs. from my goal weight now. I expect to be at goal by the end of October or sooner. I've decided to do the max program after reaching goal if I see even a pound or two creeping back on.
megs

Postby Chile » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Congratulations, megs!
Chile

Postby Starchyme » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Congratulations, Megs and Chile. Way to go!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Starchyme » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Ah,yes! Garlic! My life would not be worth while without it. However, at one point people did tell me I smelled like garlic even when I didn't have any that day. So I cut way back and no one has said a word since. But I try to do most of my garlic eating a home now.

A funny - My DIL once told someone between her mom's love of onions, and mind for garlic, she always craves a salad when she's with us.
Last edited by Starchyme on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby PattyC » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:08 pm

A solid 10 pounds for me for the month of September!! I'm ecstatic! Thank you all and especially Chile for starting this challenge at just the right time for me this time around.

I'm going to keep going with MWL with a dash of the regular plan here and there just as before. I am also going to keep an eye on the next challenges for support and encouragement of which this board is wonderful at. Besides, I want to watch that ticker go down and down and down!! I want that pot of gold at the end! :lol: :lol:
Pat

PattyC

Postby Chile » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:52 pm

10 pounds is great, Patty! I came in at 9 pounds lost for the month. I won't be doing a McDougall-specific challenge for October, but will be continuing to eat a plant-based diet. I'm doing a challenge this month to eat from my pantry (and fridge and freezer) with no new food purchases other than local produce. Since I have virtually no unhealthy food in the house, it means I'm stuck eating healthy. :lol:
Last edited by Chile on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chile

Postby PattyC » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Chile wrote:I came in at 9 pounds lost for the month. I won't be doing a McDougall-specific challenge for October, but will be continuing to eat a plant-based diet.

Congrats to you Chile - 9 lbs is nothing to sneeze at especially since you've lost a lot already and are close to goal. I think it was you I read that about wasn't it?

I won't be doing a specific challenge online either. My challenge is with myself to stick with it this time and stay with Dr. McD as much as possible, preferably MWL. I know there will be times, but I'm so grateful for each and every moment that I turn my back to something not "legal". Anything else is beginning to look really gross to me!

I can't say as I'm ready for sugar to look gross though :D ! I would just like to be able to enjoy sugar once in a while without going overboard. Although I would have to say that if that's what the man above has planned for me, He would get me through it and I wouldn't even know what happened!

I would love to get the momentum up and staying there this time until it's ingrained in me and I have no hesitation in turning something down or taking something prepared with me when I have to be out. At the worst, eating a very small portion whenever I'm at someone's home where I don't have much choice, knowing that I can go home and have something legal if I'm really hungry.

It's a journey but one that I'm praying I'm ready for this time around - this merry-go-round is getting old, that's for sure!!
Pat

PattyC

Postby Chile » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

PattyC wrote: Congrats to you Chile - 9 lbs is nothing to sneeze at especially since you've lost a lot already and are close to goal. I think it was you I read that about wasn't it?

Nope, not close to goal yet. You'll hear when I am, believe me! :lol:

Just keep on keepin' on and you'll stay on track. This is sure to become habit soon.
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals