My Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: My Journal

Postby somnolent » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:07 pm

mrweetabix wrote:( the mustard made me cry )

Why is that?

mrweetabix wrote:I am getting anxious about silly things again, about how would I cook if I didn't have an oven....Can anyone offer some advice or how I can overcome tthe worries about not being able to cook! it really bothers me.

It sure is easier to cook if you have all the equipment you are used to. Are you not going to have an oven in the near future? If so, I think it is not a silly thing to worry about. You have to plan ahead for upcoming changes like that. You could buy an oven (or toaster oven) or you could come up with a menu plan that can be made on a stove (or hotplate). Is that where the idea of the raw diet came from?
somnolent

Postby mrweetabix » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,

Yes, that is exactly where the idea of raw food came in.

I know that the whole ' cooked food is poision' stuff is a load of garbage, but in the sense of appliances etc and nature, it made sense.

I really want to follow the McDougall lifestyle as throughout my troubled years oats have practical saved me, but it was only cause I discovered the instant packet variety during the lowest part of my illness which were calorically controlled etc...I just find it a coinsedence that starch has kept me alive even prior to discovering this site. If I was to have had only fruit..I'd probably be dead..So you can see what I mean?

The essence of anorexia is practically complete control..I've learnt that over time. Therefore having to rely on appliances bothers me extremely, but I want to find a complete solution which enables me to stick to the plan.

I don't know whether all these anxieties are related to being at a starved body weight, I hope the are cause then I can reverse them.... At a lower weight I was hoarding food loads! I don't know why, I wasn't even eating the stuff lol.

At tthe moment, the thing I find helps, which is pretty sad...Is to have a lot of stored cereals like shredded wheat, and weetabix and continue to cook starches and if the gas/electric runs out, I can go to them.

I REALLY WISH THIS WOULD STOP BOTHERING ME, there has got to be more to life?

P.S. I have kept myself out of hospital for approx 1 1/2 years so please don't be too concerned.
mrweetabix

Postby somnolent » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

mrweetabix wrote:At tthe moment, the thing I find helps, which is pretty sad...Is to have a lot of stored cereals like shredded wheat, and weetabix and continue to cook starches and if the gas/electric runs out, I can go to them.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. I think we should all have some food stored for situations like that. I do. :)
somnolent

Postby mrweetabix » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 pm

It's apple and pear season now, and parsnips, carrots and Butternut squash, so it's all fresh and homegrown until january!

I think I have been blessed :) my mum and younger brother think I'm crazy when I say the apples and squash look beautiful lol.

I really need to fuel up for college, last year I was coming home alot cause of stress ( I finished the work first ). I'm suprised I passed, same in high school..I spent so little time there.

All I want it safety and a stable routine, but I always seem to have a clear head only at night..which is too late..then when I wake up I'm all confused again.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, ready to start again tomorrow til I finally find peace and time for others in my life!
mrweetabix

Postby landog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:08 pm

mrweet-

I don't know how to help you, and that is frustrating for me.

But I would like to offer words of encouragement for a successful journey to health for you.

What will it take to turn the corner??

Best,
-dog
landog

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:26 am

Hi Mr. W! How are things going?

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning