15 day (LOL) No Sugar Challange

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

15 day (LOL) No Sugar Challange

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm

I chose 15 days instead of 100 as to be realistic and if it goes for longer great.

OK, I admit it I am powerless over Sugar in all it's forms but mostly processed sugar also Agave, Date, Molasses, Maple Syrup, and Honey has to be thrown in cause I know myself and I will over do those as well.

I will allow Stevia and Dates in whole form, and fresh fruits added to oats but not juices. I will read labels. I will post everyday. I plan on taking Chromium Polynicotinate.

I hope others will join in but if not I am doing this for myself, encouragement always appreciated....If I falter I will simple start over, no regrets, no remorse, I will get right back on. This is not an out, again just a realization, cause sugar is sneaky and in a lot of stuff so that is where reading labels comes in and not eating processed foods.

This starts NOW!
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Re: 15 day (LOL) No Sugar Challange

Postby to_our_health » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Christine in Cali wrote:I chose 15 days instead of 100 as to be realistic and if it goes for longer great.

OK, I admit it I am powerless over Sugar in all it's forms but mostly processed sugar also Agave, Date, Molasses, Maple Syrup has to be thrown in cause I know myself and I will over do those as well.

I will allow Stevia and Dates in whole form added to oats, and fresh fruits, but not juices. I will read labels. I will post everyday. I plan on taking Chromium Polynicotinate.

I hope others will join in but if not I am doing this for myself, encouragement always appreciated....If I falter I will simple start over, no regrets, no remorse, I will get right back on. This is not an out, again just a realization, cause sugar is sneaky and in a lot of stuff so that is where reading labels comes in and not eating processed foods.

This starts NOW!

You are doing it! Wishing you success!
to_our_health

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Go Christine!!! :) you can do it!! Why the chromium?? Does that help with blood sugar balance or cravings? I like the 15 days idea.
LoriJenny

Postby shell1226 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Be strong...you can do this!
Rachelle

shell1226

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks everyone....so far so good.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Christine, hello!! I am joining you. I, too, am so powerless when it comes to sugary stuff. so here I go, day 1 has to be tomorrow for me!! Today I did eat some candy!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Yea Carollynne is joining me...there is strength in numbers you know. Glad to have ya and when we are done the cravings will be all but a memory lets hope. I need to find other rewards other then food or sugar.

Lori...Not too sure how chromium polynicotinate works, but a Nutritionist recommended it and it worked back then with the cravings. I will do a bit of research and get back at ya.

Day 1 was a good day

Coffee with a splash of plain rice milk

2 bowls of 3 bean chili and brown rice

1 Grateful bowl which consists of brown rice, black beans and shredded kale and a to die for garlic tahini sauce served by an oh so cute guy :-D :nod: :wink:

Water

May tomorrow be just as good...
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Day 2

Coffee with a splash of plain soy

3 bean chili w/brown rice

4 dates

Hugh salad w/ out dressing and lots of goodies

Izzi apple drink.... this is where the sneaky sugar came in in the form of juice, it was watered down with sparkling water and no added sugar, but I did put juice on my list....drank it before I realized

1 beautiful juicy sweet cold plum

3 bean chili again

Water

All in all a good day I think...I do consider sugar treats a lot though, and Cravings are still prominent. My food choices do stay with me for a good four hours before I feel hungry. Gotta love that brown rice.

Went for a nice hike with the dogs and boy is it hot!!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

I have decided to move my little challenge to my journal, cause it is for me anyway. So on the off chance anyone was really following my progress I will be there......
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 pm

I have been reading your progress. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Ah Rosey ur a dear.....I watch your progress too and I just love how you are so positive, and getting all that exercise. You go GF!
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning