Doing it!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Doing it!

Postby luvdachiess » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:37 pm

What happen to the back later with update!! Miss you!!
Teresa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby BeansNRice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 am

Hi T, I fell of wagon again. :oops: Back now!! 8)

After lasts nights show on CNN I have recommitted myself to this program. It amazed me how that seemingly healthy 53 year old had those blockages etc. Me being 35 pounds overweight, it could be me. Hit home. I got up after watching to make dinner, and cooked something new! Barley w/ veggies. It was great!

B- potatoes w/ ketchup, coffee w/ silk
L- barley w/ cooked veg
S- banana
D- chili beans & rice, salad

Planning on walking 30-45 mins today.

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

WI: 161.6

Setting some goals...

Sep 15: 155
Sep 30: 150
Oct 15: 145
Oct 31: 140
Nov 15: 135
Nov 30: 130
Dec 15: 125

Will reevaluate as time goes on but I think this is doable!

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:54 am

Oops! Double post

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:29 am

WI: 161.0

Couldn't sleep last night, whole lotta stress going on in my world... Hoping things settle down after tomorrows hearing. :duh:

B- potatoes w/ketchup, coffee w/silk
L- subway veg sub, all veggies on ww w/ honey mustard
D- chili beans w/rice, salad
S- apple

I have a lot on my plate for the next day or 2.... :(

Exercise: 20 min walk & running around park w/2 year old. Put flax seed in his oatmeal this morning, not a fan... Will try less next time!

BeansNRice

Postby luvdachiess » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Beans~
Wow that is a pretty fast weight loss in the schedule. I would never be able to lose that fast. In fact I struggle with losing pretty much any way. I hope it works out for you.

Running is good!! I hope the stress for the next couple of days gets better. =) I will be here for you.
Teresa
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby BeansNRice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Forgot to WI this morning!! Doh!

Hi Teresa! Yes huge goals! I would be happy with 5-10 pounds per month. See how it goes...:)

Made a sweet potato & barley stew, will be done in an hour.... Shouldve started it tomorrow morning. Oh well can't wait to try it!

B- English muffin w/ pb :| , soy decaf mocha
L- veggie sandwich on ww
D- focaccia bread w/ balsamic vin, wine

Ok very bready day!! Challenge starts tomorrow, full on McD! :nod: :unibrow:

No exercise today.

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 am

WI: 161.0

Yay starting the sep challenge! Except for coffee, I will be 100% compliant for sept. I know to succeed I will have to make the following changes: No more wine, No more chips, No cheese!!

These 3 things are my downfall. They are sometimes in the house due to DH, but I must ignore them. I am an emotional eater, celebrate with food and eat when I am bored. My other plans to help me succeed are:

Try newMcD recipes, Exercise, Get the fast food DVD & another mcd cook book, helps when I have book in front of me. Before I eat something, ask myself, is this processed? Is this poison to my body?
Always have a lot of yummy options on hand.

Here I go,!
Last edited by BeansNRice on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am

B- 3 small potatoes w/ low sodium ketchup & coffee w/ 2 tsp sugar & splash of soy milk
L- Edit* beans in tomato sauce w/ corn tortillas
S- sprouted grain toast w/ homeade ff hummus, apple
D- sweet potato & barley stew & salad

All rice is brown, all bread products are ww & ff. I have decided to follow the regular plan & see how it goes! :nod:
Last edited by BeansNRice on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeansNRice

Postby Chile » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am

To help with eating when bored, I've been keeping a glass of ice water with me all the time. I just sip it when I feel like I want a snack but am not really hungry. I think it's also helping to be reading LOTS of books supporting a vegan lifestyle. (You can see some of the titles in the Recommended Reading tab at the top of my "fat" blog. :lol: )

Happy Challenge Beginning!
Chile

Postby Adrienne » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Karen

Good luck with the September challenge. Looking forward to reading about how you are NOT missing wine and juice :)

If you want to lose weight as fast as possible (in a healthy way of course) you might want to consider limiting bread or eliminating it entirely.

(scroll down to "Can I Eat Flour Products, Like Bread?")

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/jan/grains.htm

Also cutting back on the ketchup and sugar in the coffee would help too, not just because of the calories but because of the insulin surges.
Adrienne

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks Adrienne! I will keep an eye on breads & only use sprouted grains with no added oils etc. If weight loss moves to slow or doesn't happen, I'll quit the breads for sure. I just want to see how I do on the regular program first. (no nuts or seeds)

I do need to cut down ketchup, I just find it's the only way I enjoy potatoes. I will continue to cut down on it. Thanks again!! :mrgreen:

BeansNRice

Postby Adrienne » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Have you tried salsa? I know a lot of people here (myself included) like it on potatoes. Or you can try sweet potatoes which are so good on their own.
Adrienne

Postby Chile » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Years ago, my dad told me he liked salsa on his baked potatoes. I thought it sounded disgusting. However, gradually I was willing to try it and found it wasn't bad. The first try was dumping a salad on top of the baked potato and using salsa for dressing. I think I included some cooked pinto beans on top of the spud so it would be sort of like a Mexican dish.

When I did the Mary's mini with potatoes back in May, I started out with ketchup on my hashbrowns but decided to try salsa later. I liked it pretty well, but the best solution was to add a little ketchup to the salsa. Then I got some of the ketchup flavor but mostly used the non-sweetened salsa.

If you don't like salsa, you could try adding ketchup to some plain tomato paste diluted with water. Or ... try making Marla's "Better Ketchup" recipe she posted in the Food & Recipes forum. There are always options!
Chile

Postby luvdachiess » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Beans~

Looks like you have lots of help these days. I know you are in the September Challenge so guessing that is way the help.

Menu looks good for the regular program. I have switched back to the regular program as well. I think you can lose on the regular program as well, just slower. In fact I think F1jim lost all his weight on the regular program as he was really just trying to make himself healthier when he started, and the weight loss was a bonus.

I will keep checking on you and wish you luck with the challenge!
Teresa
[/url]
luvdachiess

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals