Doing it!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Doing it!

Postby BeansNRice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:54 am

Hi all again....I recently tried to stick to this lifestyle; you can find my old journal here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22781

I am starting fresh; no more slip ups! I am feeling extremely unhealthy, sick almost ...so I need a fresh start! My belly has grown big enough I can tell people wonder if I am pregnant... :oops: all my fat is in my middle area... which is terrible health and looks wise...

Recap: I am 33, have a 2 year old, married and work full time. DH is supportive but continues to eat meat & eggs, very little dairy. Meat is not as draw for me at all. DH eats everything I cook, but adds his meat or whatever to it as well. My 2 yr old eats mostly veg as well, with little added fats. He enjoys nut butters, used to like avocadoes (keep trying to get him on that wagon). His favourite food is oatmeal and applesauce :) My fave food is beans and rice :D chili style. mmmmm......

I was doing very well with exercise but these last 2 weeks have fallen off all wagons :mad: my weakness is not having food ready, stress, and work functions. I have 3 weeks off work, so no worries there to get back on track... I know this way of living/eating is the healthiest.

I am back up to 162. My long term goal is 125. My weekly goal is 2 pounds per week, but I won't be upset with more or even a little less :-)

Back later with my foods for the day. I am excited to start over!

Actual Restart date: June 22, 2013
BeansNRice

Re: Doing it!

Postby simoncat » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am

Hi, B&R. I had about the same amount of weight to lose as you do. I know what you mean by needing quick meals. A lot of the people here taught me that potatoes are a quick meal. I don't eat them every day, but some people here do and you can fix them in so many different ways. There are a lot of good cooks here. Also, there are always canned beans, if you don't have time to cook. ( I am not crazy about canned beans and try to cook and freeze a lot of beans in advance, but sometimes don't get around to it). You can also use a crock pot or a pressure cooker to cook up a lot of beans. Hope this helps.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby BeansNRice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Simoncat! Thank you for the ideas. I would love a pressure cooker, are they expensive?

I am recording my weight daily to stay on track. WI today: 162.6

B- 2 red potatoes w/ low sodium ketchup, coffee w/1 TBS Silk creamer
S- banana
L- *edit: brown rice, carrots, brocc, corn & peas w/braggs
D- salad, baked potato w/BBQ sauce
S- 3/4 of a Luna bar & a bite of a kashi baked bar

Exercise: about to walk to the park with my child. Will make a note of running around myself :)
Last edited by BeansNRice on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Note to self: also enjoy steamed broccoli & cauli w/ brown rice & soy sauce, no reason I can't eat more of that!

BeansNRice

Postby Adrienne » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Karen

Welcome back. You can do this!
Adrienne

Postby sksamboots » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Glad you are here :nod:
sksamboots

Postby BeansNRice » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Thank you Adrienne and Boots! :)

WI: 161.0

Yesterday I pretty much stayed on plan, except for 3/4 of a Luna S'Mores bar (it was about to expire and I really wanted to try it now for a long time) and a bite of my child's kashi strawberry baked bar. Not even any wine! :shock:

I will go edit my lunch yesterday as it changed.

Today:

B- 2 baked taters w/low sodium ketchup, coffee w/1 TBS silk
S- 1/2 banana, decaf soy mocha ( :\ )
L- leftover brown rice, brocc, carrots, peas & corn w/braggs
D- unsure will update later - probably salad, baked tater

I went to Starbucks to grab a pack of their instant mocka coffee mix (60 cals - no fat, I actually only use 1/4 of the pack every day) and just automatically ordered a drink. Must stop doing that. Old habits die hard don't they...

My offical weigh in day will be Sundays to help keep me on track on weekends. But I do like to weigh in daily to see where I am at. I keep in mind that weight fluctuates, but I find it motivating and fun to do it.

Went grocery shopping today. Couldn't believe they had no organic apples at the grocery store, so I got 4 to get me through the next few days. I will go out again this weekend to find more. Got a 10lb bag of potatoes for $5.00... I don't know if that's a great price? not organic either, but at least local. Red skinned, my fave.

I feel a little lost in there, I see eggplant and parsnips and turnips and am curious, but am not really sure what to do with them. Got a box of quinoa and will try to cook with that....

Still taking the 1 ounce of aloe vera/day as it really helps with my digestion. I saw it on "You are what you eat" with Gillian McKeith. I love her show but don't agree with the added oils and fish and sometimes chicken that she adds to the meal plan. but I do get a lot of ideas from that show. She advocates a ton of fruits, veg and whole grains.

Trying to get my little guy down for a nap, he ain't budgin so may be a long day with a mini-grump :-P

Hoping to jump on my elliptical, its old and the tension is broken but it works... also heading to the park shortly.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :mrgreen:

BeansNRice

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 am

WI: 160.8

Last night I made a soup; potato, corn, carrots, peas, onion, garlic, vegan worsester, veg broth. Turned out amazing! Will have more today for lunch.

No wine again :)

Couldn't sleep last night, tossed & turned until midnight ish... No idea why. Maybe not enough exercise. Only did a 20 min walk w/dog.

B- baked potatoes w/ ketchup, coffee w/silk
S- all-bran strawberry bites w/splash almond milk
L- veg soup from last night w/small hunk of baguette
D- edit: teryaki noodles, 2 handfuls of chips, bubbly wine w/juice
Last edited by BeansNRice on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

BeansNRice

Postby luvdachiess » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:31 am

Looking good Beans and Rice!! No wine is a good one. I have that problem from time to time as well. Keep up the good work and stay motivated.

Nothing Tastes as good as Thin feels!! =)
Teresa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby BeansNRice » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks Teresa! I did have some cereal & tiny hunk of baguette but mostly good today :)

I just had a phone interview for a clerical pool, it was 15 mins long. I did very well,(despite my 2 year old jumping all over me) my thoughts were clear and examples came quick to me. yay!

BeansNRice

Postby luvdachiess » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Congrad's on the interview!!

I am trying to do no process so that makes it easier for me. So if I think about bread or anything like that, I just have to say no! I am also taking salt out of my diet for a bit to see if I have a easier time. We will see!

Just add those thing to you journal, by editing it. That way when you look back you will know exactly what you ate that day.
Teresa
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby BeansNRice » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 am

Yesterdays journal edited. WI: 161.4 :|

Not surprising, weight fluctuates and I ate chips & had wine last night :\
So annoyed with myself! Things must change :nod:

Going to visit a friend today, she knows I am vegan, awaiting response to see if she wants me to bring lunch :)

B- oats w/berries
S- banana or apple
L- quinoa w/cold veggies, balsamic vin, honey & lemon juice
D- Edit: veg burrito
Last edited by BeansNRice on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeansNRice

Postby luvdachiess » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

Good for writing everything down. Change is hard, but you can do it. I find when I get most of the processed food out of my diet, ie cereals, chips and stuff for 3 days I no long even want them. Just a thought!
Teresa
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby simoncat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:27 pm

BeansNRice wrote:Hi Simoncat! Thank you for the ideas. I would love a pressure cooker, are they expensive?

I am recording my weight daily to stay on track. WI today: 162.6

B- 2 red potatoes w/ low sodium ketchup, coffee w/1 TBS Silk creamer
S- banana
L- *edit: brown rice, carrots, brocc, corn & peas w/braggs
D- salad, baked potato w/BBQ sauce
S- 3/4 of a Luna bar & a bite of a kashi baked bar

Exercise: about to walk to the park with my child. Will make a note of running around myself :)

Pressure cookers can be expensive and that's why I am still using my crockpot, but I hope to get a pc sometime soon.

Looks like you are doing well. Yeah!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby BeansNRice » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks Simoncat! I do have my slip ups but am working towards perfection :) I have a crockpot too, need to find more recipes for it!

WI: 160.4

B- potatoes w/low sodium ketchup, coff w/silk
S- 1/2 banana
L- small ww bagel w/mustard, cucumber & pickle
S- lf tortilla chips w/salsa
D- brown rice w/steamed broccoli & kale w/ soy sauce & ginger :D so good!

Bad: wine & juice x2
*edited meals
Last edited by BeansNRice on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BeansNRice

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals