LosingIt's journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: LosingIt's journal

Postby LosingIt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Becky :) Read through some of your blog and it's inspiring! I sorta have my little "blog" here but something like yours with pictures and stuff would be fun. Also the dynamics would be a little different because there would be 0 people reading at first.... :lol: In fact, I think I will look into that, thanks for the idea! Congrats on finding McDougall, it's a great WOE.

Rosey-- I had a rice cooker once. I am literally so lazy though! Even cleaning the thing was too much trouble. As it is I nuke the rice in a big bowl then throw everything else in there and take it to work. I have that one dish and one spoon all day, wash it every night, then repeat. It's AWESOME. :-D

Feeling good again... weighed myself... it's a tolerable number. Kinda scary though, I had some cravings and I decided basically to weigh myself, and if I didn't like the outcome I'd eat bad foods, but if I did, I wouldn't. I hope I wouldn't have gone through with it if I hadn't liked it... I guess it's good that I did. It's just still pretty hard. Very strange to me that I did it so "easily" the first time, but now it's so much harder. Why is that? If it really was that easy before why ever did I fail?! Yikes.
LosingIt

Postby joyfulmother » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks Mandi! I have been blogging since 2001 and I enjoy the layout, design, and creating graphics about as much as I enjoy the writing part! My link in my signature is a link to a plant-based "no-frills" blog that I started to keep up with recipes, links and other information that I have found regarding a plant based diet.

If you start a blog and need help, let me know!
-Becky
I received a kidney transplant in 2010 and am working hard to fully reclaim my health.

My Blog: Plant Proud
joyfulmother

Postby LosingIt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

I reaaally love potatoes. Having some for lunch and yum. Also some carnival squash, fun to look at, pretty good to eat but butternut's still the best.

Feeling good today, loaned my car to my sister so I'll be forced to walk a mile to work. Yay!
LosingIt

Postby LosingIt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:40 am

The walk to work was fun, I really enjoyed it. Apparently my body did too because it wanted some exercise this morning. I gave it more than it could handle (in a good way). I did week 1 of C25k again (starting over...) but PUSHED HARDER on the running parts. Really hard. I don't know the last time I worked out that hard. Usually I'd just do a jog, still pushing it but not that hard. I think I may stay longer on week 1 and do this, to add more "High Intensity" to my "interval training".

Still eating my rice and beans and veggies... plan to weigh myself Mondays again....
LosingIt

Postby LosingIt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Quick update!

I've started blogging on an outside site and do so usually more than once each day. I like it. That's why I stopped posting here.

Sticking to it. I've lost more weight, 4.4 pounds just last week, 3 the week before. Weighing every Monday. Exercising more. The 10th will be the official 2 month mark, and I'll have lost almost 30 pounds. (Even though I went off for like a week in there; so it could've been more!) Planning for it to slow down, but hoping for 10 pounds a month until I get close to my goal!

Feeling really good!
LosingIt

Postby joyfulmother » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Where are you blogging? Congratulations on your success!
-Becky
I received a kidney transplant in 2010 and am working hard to fully reclaim my health.

My Blog: Plant Proud
joyfulmother

Postby LosingIt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

vegspirational.tumblr.com It's weight loss and lifey, so forgive if it gets a bit off track. =)
LosingIt

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning