Cappys Road to better life

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cappys Road to better life

Postby cappy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am

I have no energy, My hips and legs always hurt. My feet the pain is unbearable in the morning. My starting weight is around 280. I am 32 years old I should not feel this bad already in life. I work for a major pizza chain as a general manager. This makes it hard to stay the course as I have a hard time controlling myself with food. I can eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream in one sitting. whole large pizza. I drink 12 pack a soda a day. I have started Mcdougall and failed many times in the past year. This time I'm going to try to write a journal here. Maybe having others read my failures or victories will help as I battle my addictions to food. I have researched this for two years I know it is the right thing I just can't control my self. I am taking it one day at time, as that is all I can manage. Breakfast this morning was oatmeal made with water flax meal and strawberries and bananas. I'm still hungry so I will prob make a second bowl before I head to work. I'm running late to work so I'm going to throw 5 small potatoes and lots of veggies in microwave and steam them. As well as taking some whole wheat pasta and some spaghetti sauce. That should be enough food. I have a 12 hr shift ahead of me. Worst case I'll eat some more oatmeal when I get home. I hope y'all with share my victories with me, and pick me apart when I fail.

Cappy
cappy

Re: Cappys Road to better life

Postby kittyadventures » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 am

Hi cappy welcome to the boards.

some helpful hints for you and hugs.. you can do this... I know you can.
at first wehn you start for the first couple of months just eat a ton of food.. don't worry about eating too much just make sure you never get really hungry eat every three hours on a timer and if you get hungry before your three hours is up eat some veggies or potatoes.

I keep bags of frozen mixed veggies in my freezer and bags of ore ida hash browns.. and just dump some of each in a big bowl to microwave for lunch, that I can take with me.

IT is a quick grap.. I also keep apples, and grapes on hand and bananas. Carrots too for a quick bit to eat.

another good thing to do is keep some already cooked potatoes on hand to grab when you get hungry. ANd cans of low sodium beans that you can rise and dump in salads or over your potatoes

get rid of all teh junk food in your house... and Always havew food with you when you go to work to mitigate teh pizza.

IF there is a salad bar there eat off of that.. if you want some pizza just put a little of the sauce on your potatoes. it is mostly the taste of the sauce you will be craving.
if you really feel the urge to eat some junkk food.. eat a potato you will be surprised at how much a carb load like potatoes will quell your cravings

after a few mnonths you will be able to walk down grocery store aisles and nto want some of your old goodies.

hang in there and do take it one day at a time.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby cappy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you so much Kittyadventures, I will be using some of those tips.
For the first month I plan to eat Jeff recipes off the fast food dvd. Yesterday I ate pasta with lots of veggies. Plus potatoes. As a lurker I kept reading about some eating them cold. All I coud think was ewww. I was wrong those little potatoes or good hot or cold. Tasted like they had butter on them. I have no idea what kind they are the little tag said golden and has a buttery taste. They were to expensive to buy all the time $4 for about 1lbs. today I plan to eat my oatmeal for breakfast. lunch and dinner. I' just gonna make brown rice stir fry some veggies mix add some sweet spicy mango sauce. It has oil and high fructose syrup but I plan to use just a little. this week is all about giving up dairy, meat and sodas. I work 55-70 hours a week. this has been my downfall every time I start. because I don't have the time to cook. My first thought when I woke up was the kids cookies on the top shelf. Instead I went straight and made my oatmeal added an extra teaspoon on flax and a few extra berries and bananas.

While I didn't have the best first day. I did drink 1 soda. and had about 2T of Parmesan cheese and 2 of the kids cookies. It was way better than I normally eat. For me to top myself at 2 cookies is a minor victory. 1 soda compared to whole case. the cheese I'm the most mad about. I ran my dinner threw oven. I obsessed about that cheese for the whole 8 minutes. So I only added a little. Wish I hadn't. That is what set me off to eat the soda and cookies. I believe.
Cappy
cappy

Postby kittyadventures » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:17 am

oh Dairy... actually cheese is my one down fall... I really have troubles resisting it. I suppose I should try the yeast thing but I don't have a source here in town and always forget to check the health food store when I am in one of the big cities.

The buttery colored and flavoredpotatoes are Yukon golds.. they cost more because they have a 6 month growing time rather than the usual 3-4 months of other potatoes. They do taste yummy... try the purple ones too if you get a chance.. they are also delicious .. kinda nutty.

also there are lots of different types of brown rices to try... I buy the Lundberg family farms kind as I am gluten intollerant and theirs is grown in rice dedicated fields and processed on and in dedicated machinery.

they have a lovely golden rose one that I love and their red rice mix is fabulous too.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning