Carlee's MWL Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Carlee's MWL Journal

Postby CK1982 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

08/02/2011:

Well, I have been planning to start mary's mini tomorrow, august 3. And, while I still plan to, I am quite surprised by an inauspicious beginning: my oven is broken! I went out and bought a bunch of potatoes to bake this evening, and wouldn't you know it, the oven is on the fritz.

Not to fear though- I bought a bunch of small potatoes and am boiling them as I type. Lucky for me, I love potatoes in just about every form! I am not letting anything stop me. I will do mary's mini for 10 days, followed by MWL until I reach my goal of a 20 pound loss. Then standard mcdougall plan for life.

My plan for Day 1 is:

B- potatoes & salsa
L- potatoes & steamed squash & zucchini
D- potatoes & steamed veggies

If I would like a snack, I'll have some raw veggies or more potatoes!

Wish me luck on day 1!!!

Carlee
CK1982

Re: Carlee's MWL Journal

Postby Rosey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Welcome!!! Hope you love it here as much as I do.
Rosey

Postby CK1982 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 pm

So far day 1 is going great! I had my potatoes for breakfast and about to go have some for lunch. I am also going walking with a coworker for 30 minutes when I take an afternoon break. Things are off to a good start. :D :D :D

I have a longterm goal of losing 20 pounds, and keeping it off. Beyond just that, I want to have exercise become a standard part of my daily life- just like brushing my teeth. I want to be full of energy and happy and healthy for my future children. I do not want to impose the unhealthy eating habits I grew-up with (and have been struggling against since I was a teenager) on my children. So, I figure best to nip it in the bud now. I will lead by example. I don't want my future children to have wacked-out relationships with food; I want them to love food and appreciate the strength and health it provides them.

I believe simply eating healthily and humanely makes the relationship more of a love-love endeavor, rather than a love-hate. I cannot teach these lessons to anyone until I learn them for myself.

Day 1 actual:
B- potatoes & salsa & black coffee (1/2 my normal serving)
L- potatoes & salsa
D- baked potato & huge plate of zucchini & summer squash

Exercise: walk for at least 30 minutes
Water: at least 64oz.

Day 2 plan:
B- potatoes & salsa & black coffee (1/2 my normal serving)
L- potatoes & salsa & 1/2 plate of veggies
D- baked potato & huge plate of zucchini & summer squash

CW: 137
Short term goal: 125
Long term goal: 117

Mary's Mini successfully completed days/out of 10 total:
0/10
CK1982

Postby CK1982 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

08/04/11
Day 2 is going great! I had to change-up my starch because my oven is still not working. So, my starch is brown rice now. Which is just fine, because I love rice.

I weighed in this morning and I was down over 3 pounds. I know it was only one day so it was just water, but hey- that has to go too. I truly think it may be because I had a low sodium day for the first time in several years. My body probably released a lot of bloat it was hanging on to, as a result of my excessive salt intake.

Things are going great. It's almost too easy... I am used to making myself suffer when I try a diet. I know this is not a diet, but a lifestyle. But I have tried to undertake many "lifestyles" and they have never stuck. :D

Day 2:
B- brown rice & black coffee (1/2 my normal serving)
L- brown rice & 1/2 plate of veggies
D- brown rice & huge plate of zucchini & summer squash

SW: 137
CW: 133.6 (-3.4)

1/10
CK1982

Postby CK1982 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm

08/05/11:
Day 3 is going great! I woke up and walked 4 miles and had my rice for breakfast. People think it is quite odd that I am eating rice for breakfast, which is curious. No one thought it was odd when I had a donut and a 9000 calorie latte. Cultural norms are often so abnormal.

Day 3:B- rice & black coffee
L- rice & veggies
D- rice & veggies

Water: at least 64 oz
Exercise: walk 4 miles

SW: 137
CW: 133.2 (-3.8lbs)

2/10
CK1982