NEWSTART

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NEWSTART

Postby armywife » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:30 pm

I haven't checked in for a few days. Been extra busy this week. So far so good I think. Food has been going well and so has the exercise. I've been walking at a brisk but not super fast pace so my hips feel a lot better! The jury is still out on the elimination diet but glad to see that some of you agree to just wait a little bit on that. I have not eaten much dairy in a long time so it hasn't been difficult to cut that out. I do miss scrambled eggs though! :-( I tried some vegan butter/margarine on a homemade whole grain waffle - absolutely awful stuff. Anyway, it is highly processed and high fat so I will be happy not to try it again!!

I made really yummy curried garbanzo beans and potatoes for lunch today topped with sliced grape tomatoes, cucumbers, cilanto and red onion.

One of my biggest challenges is overeating of savory food, even the good stuff, which isn't good! I think this coming week I will begin to measure my food and then just put the rest back in the fridge. It's shameful really, to eat until you feel uncomfortable. I know I'm going to feel uncomfortable yet it is so difficult to just stop when I am satisfied. Anyway, something I definitely have to continue to work through.

There you have it...pretty decent week so far.
armywife

Postby armywife » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Today has been a great day. Started my morning off with some scrambled tofu, @ 3grams of fat per serving I didn't think it was high fat. Anyway, that and some whole grain toast and tea. I stopped when I felt satisfied so that was great. Just finished lunch of some vegetarian chikn nuggets (not really on plan I know. Got back from a meeting and was HUNGRY. Should have prepared before I left), a lovely salad sans any dressing and some kale.

All in all not bad. Fruit salad for supper. Off to play with my babies at the park and that should meet some of my exercise needs. My twin boys always run in opposite directions so I am always madly chasing them around the park!
armywife

Postby rebecca » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Armywife,
It sounds like you had a great day on Thursday :) . Making a large pot of bean soup is great to have on hand in the frig for the week. I had a hectic week but somehow I managed to lose 3 lbs. for this week.
Keep up the good work!
:mrgreen:
rebecca

Postby armywife » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:58 am

Saturday morning. Left over tofu scramble with added broccoli and mushrooms on toast. Yum.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 4lbs this week! I couldn't believe it! Maybe my scale isn't working right, but it is a brand new digital scale. This is amazing! I feel even more energized to work harder and staying on plan this coming week!

Rebecca, I think I shall follow your example and make a batches of food for the week and freeze them so there really will never be an excuse to waver from the plan I've set for myself.
armywife

Postby rebecca » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Hey Armywife,
Hows it going? Hope all is well with you and that you are having a great day.
:mrgreen:
rebecca

Postby armywife » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 am

Been gone for a while, life got really really busy! Time to refocus. Since the last time I wrote I've lost 2 lbs. At least I haven't gained anything. Onwards and forwards....
armywife

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning