Pretzel's Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Pretzel's Journal

Postby pretzel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Hello everyone.

Today was supposed to be my first day of starting McDougalling, but sadly I have already have a cookie slip up(3 homemade cookies).

I remember a long time ago doing a journal online and it was very helpful to me as I didn't want to post that I had eaten bad things, so I thought twice before doing so.

So instead of trying to do this alone, here I am world! :D

I am going to make this journal till Sept 1st, and then I will start a new one. This next month and a half is going to be a crazy one, I am getting married on August 27th.

Tomorrow I have my dress fitting and I am very scared because I think the dress may be too small :cry: so I am going to MCGougall until my wedding, then let myself have my wedding meal, then back to business.

Hight: 5"5
Weight: 190
Goal: below 140 (no time frame, just would like to be healthy)

So wish me luck! Time to step up to the plate :-D
pretzel

Re: Pretzel's Journal

Postby pretzel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Ok so far today I started off McDougall and then like I said had the cookie slip, but I am bound and determined to get back on track!

B: Oatmeal with a banana and a maybe a tsp of dried sugar cane
S: 3 chocolate chip oatmeal cookies... cookies are my downfall :(

I am off to bag up the cookies and put them in my fiance's section of cupboard so I won't see them anymore. Will update later on. :)

L: Stir fry, and half a can of coke
S: some fresh pineapple
D: 2 cornbread muffins and some homemade soup
S: 4 cookies!

In all honesty I am totally embarrassed at how hard this is feeling. Thought my first day would have been better. I guess sometimes things are a process and not perfect right away.
Last edited by pretzel on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretzel

Postby pretzel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks!!!!

My fiance is so sweet, I told him I was having trouble with the cookies so he said no more making them and that he'll make sure they're gone, lmao. He's a type 1 diabetic, so it's not as simple as eating them all, he's gonna keep them hidden and take 1 or 2 for his lunch, lol.

Anyways today is the day I go try on my dress for the first time, and honestly I am so terrified that it won't fit. Once I learn what the situation is and if they can fix it through sewing I'll feel better. I sure hope it's not a matter of me needing to somehow drop 10 pounds in the next 5 weeks :shock:

It feels good to let out my wedding dress fears, lol. Ok so today I am trying oatmeal with no sugar on top sweetened with fruit :D

B: oatmeal with a banana mashed in (hey, pretty good!)

Updates to follow later on.
pretzel

Postby nomikins » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

Go out and get yourself a good shaper garment. It will push in all sorts of bits and pieces. Make sure you wear it when the dress fitting is taking place.

Keep on following the McD program. It's going to change/save your life. And, get your fiance on board. You two want to have a long, happy, and healthy life together!

Congratulations!
nomikins

Postby Chile » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! It sounds like your fiance is very supportive, which is great. McDougalling would be good for his diabetes, too. He'll never be able to get off insulin since he's Type 1 but he will still reap health benefits. (You can read more in Dr. McDougall's newsletters.)

Even though I hadn't heard of Dr. M back when I got married (very overweight but I looked good in a dress that accentuated the right parts), I was vegan. We decided to make our wedding reception vegan as well, not something that all the attendees were crazy about, but hey, it was our day!

Good luck with your goals!
Chile

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm glad you are here. NOw stay away from them cookies, okay!! :lol: :nod:
sksamboots

Postby pretzel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks for all the support. Now I sure do feel bad that I just ate a very bad meal, haha. But it's ok, I want to be accountable. Today I was so nervous about the dress fitting that I forgot to take a snack out, and ended up eating out. But I am going to let it be a lesson, stress, and not taking snacks = bad choices.

Tomorrow is another day, and a less stressful one too! My dress fits great! I had no need to worry. Also if I lose a little weight changing my diet, because the dress ties up in the back like a corset, it won't hurt anything!

Right now I am just going to do try my very best. On Saturday we are leaving for vacation, and I know that may be a bit of an interesting experience being new to this way of eating. I will write things down and try to keep track. When we get back we have a few family(fiance's family) meals before the wedding, which makes me nervous as they already think being a vegan is going to harm me... but no fat (all I hear from them is about how good olive oil is for your heart), well I don't know how family meals will play into eating this way.

I just want to say again, thanks so much for writing in my journal, it's going to be so helpful! I hope you all have a wonderful day :D
pretzel

Postby pretzel » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Well I am sitting here having a big bowl of mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, yummmm. During cooking though I need to be a little more mindful of new routines. I wasn't thinking and dumped all of the water out after boiling the potatoes, and ended up using some Almond Breeze, which I am not sure if it is allowed in smaller doses, to make it creamier. I have to say though, mashed potatoes without butter kinda seems almost no different. I put in garlic and onion powder long with some seasoning salt to taste and wow, super great.

B: oatmeal with a banana mashed in
L: 2 potatoes made into mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli
S: 2 mangoes
Last edited by pretzel on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretzel

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby pretzel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks Ege Bamyasi :-D

Well I am back from an almost 2 week vacation back home to visit family. My fiance and I are literally crying out for veggies as the food my family fixed saw almost none. I stayed vegetarian but sadly not vegan.

Anyways I am back home to my wonderful kitchen. Right now we have some potatoes on the bbq, and veggies soon to join it. Also I am making homemade lemon poppy seed whole wheat bread.

We have just gotten groceries for the house and so it's time to go for this.

I have a family dinner on the 6th where I can't control the food minus no meet (how do you all handle family????) and my wedding day I will not be worrying about being perfect (August 27th :D ) but other then that I am gonna give this my all.
pretzel

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning