(: Evanroos Open Food Book :)

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

(: Evanroos Open Food Book :)

Postby Evanroos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

So today is my first day :P

B: 1 Cup old fashion oats, 1/2 blueberries, cinnamon and Hot water

s: 5 spoons of a bean salad I made. red beans, rice, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, tomato, red onion all seasoned with salt.

S: banana

L: half a plate of spinach and arugula topped with 1 tomato, red onion and lemon juice with Mrs. Dash sun dried tomato seasoning (no salt). Also had a glass of red wine. Once the bottle is gone, no more wine for me.

S:2 half dollar sized leftover falafels with lettuce (this was not good for the MWL as the felafels were brushed with EVOO and baked)

S: 4 fresh figs from the CSA

D: crockpotted plain potatoes, left over bean and rice, and a big salad I have yet to make.

So, there's room for improvement. I am gassy from my beans, which DH appreciates, NOT. And I feel fat from all the food, but maybe it's just the bloatedness from all the gas?

So, aside from the falafel, salt and the wine, I think I am on track. those are easy fixes!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgTJ42/]
[/url]

Wish me luck!!
Evanroos

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Re: (: Evanroos Open Food Book :)

Postby Evanroos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:01 pm

The water went out, so I was unable to wash any veggies for my salad.

So I threw in some potatoes to broil and had that with ketchup and maybe 1 to 1 1/2 veggie soup made of summer squash, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, tomatoes and a bit of tomato sauce.

I can see that cooking like this for myself would be easy, but I am going to have a harder time since I cook for everyone. Anyone with any tips for cooking for myself who needs to lose weight, my DH who needs to at least maintain and possibly gain, and for a 2 year old toddler, I would be all ears!!!! There are two other adults eating too, but they maintain a SAD way... so hey aren't much of a concern.
[/url]

Wish me luck!!
Evanroos

Postby Evanroos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Yesterdays:

B: 1 Cup old fashion oats, 1/2 C blueberries, 1/2 C apple sauce cinnamon and Hot water

S: 4 or 5 sheets nori

L: 1 Cup peas, potatoes and ketchup

S: Figs, banana, honeydew, potatoes

D: Salad and squash and brown rice soup

Wine

Today, I slipped a bit as DH brought home some cookies. I had macaroons, and then a sugar cookie, and realized what I was doing, and spit the sugar cookie out. So the sugary coconut is with me. :(

B: 1 Cup old fashion oats, 1/2 C apple sauce, cinnamon and Hot water

S: 4 sheets nori, 5 fresh figs (they are small)

L: Salad, navy beans with homemade spaghetti sauce on top

S: Two new potatoes with ketchup and a mouthful of vanilla almond milk

D: I think I'll saute some Kale and mushrooms with some garlic and onions... We'll see what happens.
[/url]

Wish me luck!!
Evanroos

Postby Evanroos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 am

Yesterday i didn't do so great. I stayed within the McD, but not the MWL. So i try not to feel too bad about it. Maybe I was just so hungry feeling because i am breastfeeding?

B- raspberries and honeydew.

S- roasted okra and ketchup

then I started grazing all day....

potatoes and ketchup

sushi salad made of brown rice with carrots, mushrooms, peas, nori

homemade gingerbread

small piece of homemade peach up-side down cake

dry roasted sunflower seeds and dates

Writing it out, it doesn't look as bad, I guess. But when I woke up this morning, that lightness wasn't there. :(

I realized a mistake I have made. I have been filling up on my potatoes or rice, and not the veggies. I have been doing it backwards. So, today is a new day, and I can correct it!! Excited!
[/url]

Wish me luck!!
Evanroos

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning