Nomikins is BACK

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Nomikins is BACK

Postby Chile » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 am

I wonder if that eating individual foods is a guy thing. DH drives me nuts by picking toppings off pizza and then eating the crust. Dang it, I made this as an assembled dish and he should eat it that way! :roll:

It's like living with a child sometimes, isn't it? :lol:

Because DH is not getting up early to run right now after twisting his foot on a big rock in the dark, I didn't make it out to bike yesterday until it was a bit warm and waited too long today. So, I'm going to have to suffer through the recumbent stationary bike at the gym ... um, no, it makes my knee twinge and it already aches from yesterday's big hill. Dang it, Nomikins, we both blew it on the exercise today!

Re eating stuff together again, I love dumping a fresh salad on a bed of hot mashed potatoes. Drizzle the dressing on top, and it's a wonderful filling meal.

Congratulations on the weight drop! Mine's stuck right now because I was dumb enough to think I could have almond milk. Uh, no, Chile, almond milk is high fat, you silly pepper! It's down the drain so hopefully the scale will start moving again.
Chile

Postby nomikins » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 am

Chile wrote:I wonder if that eating individual foods is a guy thing. DH drives me nuts by picking toppings off pizza and then eating the crust. Dang it, I made this as an assembled dish and he should eat it that way! :roll:

It's like living with a child sometimes, isn't it? :lol:

BOYS! :nod: :unibrow:
nomikins

Postby nomikins » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 pm

I made ww pasta primavera with tomato basil sauce, no salt added. DH was not crazy about the meal. I could tell, because he ate it fast, just to get it over with. He said it was *OK* but it lacked salt. I suggested he could have added some salt, but he feels it should have been in the sauce. I added some salt to the small amount of leftover sauce so he can eat the leftover pasta.

Pasta can be a trigger food for me, meaning I can eat a LOT of pasta. OMG, I can eat it until I'm overstuffed and then eat more while I'm sitting with my pants unbuttoned, belly bloated and distended. Well, today, I ate one reasonable portion with a lot of veggies and the sauce. Oh, I ate a salad first. I could have eaten more, but I paid attention, eating mindfully, and enjoyed each bite. Immediately after finishing my plate of food, I put away the leftovers (and we seldom have leftover pasta).
nomikins

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:01 pm

mmm, samosa! OOOH, that makes me want to fix samosa potatoes for lunch tomorrow...and I have the reds in house, and all the spices. Just need the peas and I'm set! :) :D :) :D
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:51 am

MEn! ROFLMAO... Mine acctually doesn't mind things mixed togather he actualy liked the tex mex potatoes Wonder of wonders.. and poor guy he has had to get used to less salt in his food as I am the cook. :lol:

Keep up the good work Nomikins... and Pshaw tomorrow's a new day for the exercise. :-D
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby nomikins » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am

Well, I finally got out there and walked 7.5 miles this morning. :eek: 'Bout time!

Tonight, DH and I are going on a 10 mile bike ride to benefit Hatbitat for Humanity. There is going to be tons of free food after, but we have both agreed to just head home after. They had veggie burgers last year, but they were TERRIBLE! :duh: And the rest of the veggies, crackers, dips, cheese, etc. - well, it's a big mess by the time I get to the food tables - all picked through, and then think about all the sweaty riders and kids, and dirty, sweaty hands, etc. :eek:

Breakfast
None :?

Lunch - was not very hungry in spite of two + hours of walking
  • big chopped salad with all sorts of veggies and 3-2-1 dressing
  • sliced tomatoes
  • broccoli

Post Ride

Edited to update what I ate.
Last edited by nomikins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nomikins

Postby Chile » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 am

Great walk and great ride. The Costa Rica dish sounds good and has me craving gallo pinto now, not exactly a potato dish...

Two beers, huh? Well, I don't have room to say anything considering I got a (decaf) frappucino yesterday. :shock:
Chile

Postby Loveskale » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Good plan avoiding the disgusting foods!

Very nice of you to volunteer your time for such a good cause! :)
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby nomikins » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:56 am

Ege Bamyasi wrote:You could always spin feeding from the public trough as a bonus workout for your immune system. :mrgreen:

:lol: Good one!

We actually got done the ride and were among the early wave of finishers. We didn't stop at the rest stop, which is only about a mile from the finish (and it's really for people who do the additional optional route on a trail that was converted from an old tobacco railroad - Durham was once a big tobacco town - the Lucky Strike tower still stands in a renovated/refurbished old warehouse district).

We took a stroll through the food area, and while still looking nice and clean, there was no food we wanted. Even the free beer was below our standards. If we only get two, I want something good!

I'm pretty happy with how yesterday turned out. :)
nomikins

Postby Loveskale » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Good for you Nomikins!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby nomikins » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:49 am

Had a full on plan day yesterday, just never got around to posting.

I have a crockpot full of potatoes going, first time doing spuds in the crock. We are about to get four days of extreme heat and humidity, so I'll be doing my prepping for anything that needs to be cooked and then we'll just reheat in the micro the next few days. So glad DH and I both enjoy cold potatoes!

Another on plan day forecast today.

Have a good day, readers! I'll get back to posting more soon. Just very busy right now.
nomikins

Postby kittyadventures » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am

You will love the crockpot potatoes.. they are really yummy.

The ride sounds like so much fun.

and yay for you staying on plan.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Okay. I like your daily menus. Come back :nod:
sksamboots

Postby nomikins » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 am

OK, the jury is out on the crockpot potatoes. I did russets and they are a bit like waxy new potatoes. They taste fine, but I was surprised by the texture. Is that due to the closed crockpot? There was also liquid I had to drain off.

Well, my friends, your nomikins seems to have gotten off her buttocks! DH had a music buddy over to rehearse a set last evening, so I decided to take a walk for an hour instead of sitting and mindlessly surfing the web. I put in a respectable 3.2 miles, thankyouverymuch. I liked it so much, I did it again this morning, only I even jogged a little. Great googly-moogly, it is hot and humid in cackalacky today! Glad to be indoors in A/C.

I was on plan yesterday, but I did not eat enough during the day, and by the time we ate dinner, I was ravenous. I'll do better today.

Tuesday's Food
B - Coffee with 1 T. creamer
L - tomato and cukes, cantaloupe, greens, some mini spuds,
D - two big servings of sweet and sour veggies over brown jasmine rice.
S - small frozen banana blended with 1/3 c. unsweetened soymilk

Oh, I scored big on closeout 2# bags of Birdseye brand broccoli florets and pieces. $1.99 for a 2# bag. They also had BOGO on stir-fry veggies and some other items. For 20 bucks, my freezer is full again. Gotta like that.

Today's Food - very simple and repetitive and delicious
B - Coffee w/ 1 T. creamer, cold veggie soup, potato wedges
L - potato wedges with spicy mustard, veggie soup
S - cut up tomatoes and cukes - so refreshing!
D - potato wedges with some condiment, veggie soup
S - banana "ice cream"

Stay cool! 8)

Edited to add my food for the day.
Last edited by nomikins on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nomikins

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals