Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby Rosey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 pm

carollynne wrote:Rosey, ditto with the white russets for me too! It never fails, my digestion is always going to tell me when I need to stop eating something.... Reds seem to be ok, but again, I can eat more brown rice and not have any ill effects, than the reds.

I can eat the sweet potatoes and the yams without bloating but they are so sweet. Never been into really sweet do like them on occasion but brown rice I love all the time.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:42 pm

yes, me too!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 pm

carollynne wrote:yes, me too!

wish you weren't same way wish I wasn't too. I love potatoes.
Rosey

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Just stopping in...I found my big old rice cooker/vegie steamer does work fine for a small load, so I'm happy about that. I got some brown jasmine rice, and some brown basmatti rice. I have had more luck with the basmatti...maybe the jasmine takes a little longer to cook???
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 am

LoriJenny wrote:Just stopping in...I found my big old rice cooker/vegie steamer does work fine for a small load, so I'm happy about that. I got some brown jasmine rice, and some brown basmatti rice. I have had more luck with the basmatti...maybe the jasmine takes a little longer to cook???

I have the Brown Jasmine Rice this time and yeah it does seem like it takes a little longer then the normal Brown Rice. I haven't tried the basmatti.
Rosey

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Pomegranate Instructions:
1. Cut the top and bottom off of the fruit, and score the outer peel from top to bottom every few inches.
2. Submerge the whole piece of fruit in a bowl of cold water and pull it apart into sections.
3. While still holding the sections under water separate the seeds from the membrane with your fingertips. (membrane pieces will float to the top)
4. Scoop off the pieces of white membrane, and drain the water.

I got this from the Abundant Harvest Newsletter, Volume 5, Week 9

It worked just great for me and I'm sitting here with a lovely bowl of "shiny red jewels"

Postby Rosey » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm

LoriJenny wrote:Pomegranate Instructions:
1. Cut the top and bottom off of the fruit, and score the outer peel from top to bottom every few inches.
2. Submerge the whole piece of fruit in a bowl of cold water and pull it apart into sections.
3. While still holding the sections under water separate the seeds from the membrane with your fingertips. (membrane pieces will float to the top)
4. Scoop off the pieces of white membrane, and drain the water.

I got this from the Abundant Harvest Newsletter, Volume 5, Week 9

It worked just great for me and I'm sitting here with a lovely bowl of "shiny red jewels"

Yep that works fantastic.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:18 pm

thanks for that pc of info!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals