Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 am

Good Morning to all, a new rice cooker, wow, I bought a new one too, at walmart, and love my old one too. It still works but did not have the steamer basket thingy.
hey you all have a great day !!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 am

carollynne wrote:Good Morning to all, a new rice cooker, wow, I bought a new one too, at walmart, and love my old one too. It still works but did not have the steamer basket thingy.
hey you all have a great day !!

I got it Monday and am loving it. First time I used it I made 10 cups of brown rice. Never knew how much my container for my rice would hold but now I do it holds exactly 10 cups. laugh. It can make up to 20 cups. I'm loving the steamer basket I can steam the veggies then put them in with the rest of my food so they have a bit less of the flavors of the rice and beans and more of the veggies.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 am

Enjoy, I have mine on counter all the time now, and it has become indispensable to us.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 pm

carollynne wrote:Enjoy, I have mine on counter all the time now, and it has become indispensable to us.

yeah I keep mine on counter too. I did the old one too even though it always annoyed me because it spit water out onto the counter and walls new one doesn't do that. Sorta has the pressure cooker type set up loving it.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm

oh yes, my one has a snap down lid and the old one just gurgled along bubbling it all up but I still loved it, memories!!
great wt loss, 120!! that is really something! keep at it, you will be there and loving it all the way!
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi...I'm wondering what brand of rice cookers you have??? I have one that is a vegie steamer/rice cooker, but it's really big, maybe I will try it tonight and see how it does with a small load.
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 pm

carollynne wrote:oh yes, my one has a snap down lid and the old one just gurgled along bubbling it all up but I still loved it, memories!!
great wt loss, 120!! that is really something! keep at it, you will be there and loving it all the way!

Thanks yeah I do have it to be thankful for well it was working even if it was unpolite and spit laugh.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:33 pm

LoriJenny wrote:Hi...I'm wondering what brand of rice cookers you have??? I have one that is a vegie steamer/rice cooker, but it's really big, maybe I will try it tonight and see how it does with a small load.

Mine is a Aroma ARC 150SB 20 cup digital rice cooker and food steamer. got it off Amazon.com
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 pm

HUGS!!! come on ladies lets not let this die. It's good to have this going and be friendly and chatty. I know I haven't been chatty enough but I enjoyed coming in here and giving you all hugs and encouragement and stuff. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby vanessa40 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi Rosey,
I have a rice cooker that spits too. It cooks the rice great but yuck...lol
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby Rosey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

vanessa40 wrote:Hi Rosey,
I have a rice cooker that spits too. It cooks the rice great but yuck...lol

I don't have the spitting one now but yeah yuck was definite on that. I'm loving my new rice cooker that I got from Amazon.com
I can make our whole meal in it and leave it on warm sitting till hubby gets home.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 pm

sorry I haven't been here lately either. busy on my E2 challenge, and exercising at gym, and even outside walking and yard work.
all is well, tho and I am cooking up some collards with a can of fire roasted diced no salt added toms, and added some garlic, and a slice of lemon too, then decided to added some quinoa, like a 1/4 cup, rinsed off real good.
I am also visiting other thread and reading reading reading, and gollee,, I am just glad to be a starch based eater, and let the good health roll in!! Some ppl are a bit put off by my success, but I say let them hang themselves by their med bottles and IV poles.
Nothing can beat success and you can't argue with success either! by Jove, I think Ive got it! stay vegan for life and you will enjoy good health while others around you, will perhaps not be so lucky, as they eat the animal products and sat. fats and oils to their merriment too.
Life is just too precious not to get busy and jump in for good health.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:33 pm

OH, yes the rice cooker!! I just bought mine at Walmart, and I do think it is cool, with the snap down lid, and the steamer basket, but I miss my spitting one that is a Panasonic, and DH bought it for me in Korea where we lived for our first yr of marriage, he is retired from the Army. It still working fine, and I may switch back to it!! Ahh memories memories from the rice cooker, when he first gave it to me, he was so proud of buying it, and I did not know really what to do with it!! LOL, and now I have it going all the time~~ buy my brown rice bulk in 5 lb bags, and really it is odd how life turns out
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:39 pm

carollynne wrote:OH, yes the rice cooker!! I just bought mine at Walmart, and I do think it is cool, with the snap down lid, and the steamer basket, but I miss my spitting one that is a Panasonic, and DH bought it for me in Korea where we lived for our first yr of marriage, he is retired from the Army. It still working fine, and I may switch back to it!! Ahh memories memories from the rice cooker, when he first gave it to me, he was so proud of buying it, and I did not know really what to do with it!! LOL, and now I have it going all the time~~ buy my brown rice bulk in 5 lb bags, and really it is odd how life turns out

My new rice cooker has been going every day since I got it. Like you I used to go whats that for. laugh. Brown rice is my main stay. I like potatoes but seems like every time I eat the white ones I start bloating.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Rosey, ditto with the white russets for me too! It never fails, my digestion is always going to tell me when I need to stop eating something.... Reds seem to be ok, but again, I can eat more brown rice and not have any ill effects, than the reds.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals