To begin again...

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

To begin again...

Postby gypwytch » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 am

I wasn't going to post here and start a journal til I'd been on plan for a couple weeks and knew I was more likely to be sticking with it, but I weighed myself this morning and found I'd gained a few more pounds since my last weigh in. So here I am, back to "day 1" and weighing in at 270 lbs., my goal weight is 145 lbs.
My fav foods are soups and stir(steam)-fries, so for breaky this morning I'm trying a new recipe, Red Lentil Sweet Potato Soup, from Dr. Barnards Program For Reversing Diabetes, (can't find my McDougall book, think I lent it out).
It's just me.
gypwytch

Re: To begin again...

Postby Vegankit » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 am

Hi gypwytch. I lost over 200 pounds following the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) Plan but I found it took me a month to fully understand how to implement the plan as well as to get rid of some addictive foods like pistachios that technically were acceptable in modest amounts on the regular McDougall plan. I highly recommend reading Dr McDougall's MWL book or looking over many of the posts in the MWL forum for guidance. I found I needed to go over the rules many times before I was fully in compliance in implementing them. Like you I enjoy soups and water stir fries - I used the search function here to find recipes and ideas that followed the MWL. In addition, fatfreevegan.com has very tasty recipes and most can be adapted for MWL by removing the fat/oil.

Good luck
Vegankit
Vegankit

Re: To begin again...

Postby gypwytch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks for the advice Vegankit :) , I haven't been in here the last week due to our internet being down, grrrrr. I did ok for several days and lost 5 lb.'s but then had several bad days, didn't weigh myself this morning, will do it in a couple days...
At the moment I have a potatoe baking in the oven, and some onion & mushrooms steam-frying on the stove to put on top, I'll add some black bean salsa when I put it all together :-D
It's just me.
gypwytch

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning