Enough!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Enough!

Postby StarchBeet » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Great Debbie. It sounds like things are getting "ironed-out" for you. I'm happy struggling along in my turtle-like fashion and I have to go easy on myself and my stupid expectations.
StarchBeet

Postby simoncat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 am

Debbie, if you give up the coffee/caffeine, I think you'll feel better and start to lose weight faster. I know it's hard, but it's messing up your adrenals and probably your thyroid too. Your headaches are probably caused by it as well. Try switching to drinking peppermint tea. Just drink as much as you want of it and it will curb your appetite. Believe me, I know how hard this is. I live near Seattle, where there is a coffee stand almost on every corner. However, for me, the minute I stopped drinking any kind of caffeine, my weight started to drop. For some people (especially men) they don't seem to have this problem and I am not sure why, maybe it's testosterone. Do it. You'll be glad you did!!!! :nod:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby Teresa1986 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Wow that is interesting! :shock: I never thought that coffee would make you not lose weight. I only drink 1 cup in the morning and I drink it black, since I don't add anything I figured it was ok. I do have headaches and I know it is from the coffee, but I love the flavor of coffee. I have tried the sub that DrM talks about and I just don't like them. I love roobios tea and drink it in the evening. I may have to think about giving coffee up. But I know I will suffer with a headache for a day or two. Thanks for the info.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
Teresa1986

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I am sorry but if giving up coffee made you lose weight, you were probably putting "stuff" into your coffee, because black coffee revs up your metabolism. Even Dr. McD writes about it, says it can help you to lose weight, does not recommend it of course.

Funny, Debbie has been drinking coffee for years, I doubt all of a sudden she is getting headaches from it. Now a withdrawl from it would be different. I lost 45 lbs & drank coffee everyday last year, I am not drinking it anymore but that was my own decision. It did not make me lose weight faster or make me feel better. I love the smell of coffee, too, it will be harder in the winter to not drink it.

What made me lose weight faster was taking out the things I had allowed creep into my diet, like a few croutons on my salad, that kind of thing, that just was adding up. The weight is just melting off me now, since I have done that. I did stop coffee but that was well after I cleaned up my food.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby simoncat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 pm

I won't argue with you, Jan. I'll just say this, Debbie might want to give it up and see if she doesn't feel better. It has been proven to stress your adrenals. I know that when I gave it up, I felt much more relaxed. It's just a suggestion. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 am

Congrats on the loss!! So happy for you. :-D :-D :-D
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby sksamboots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm

I hope you get to the bottom of it and get to feeling better Deb. I know you are ready for it. Keep that head up :nod:
sksamboots

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Hope you had a good night!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Hope the BBQ went well, what did you have to eat?
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 am

May I gently disagree with you...you are not lazy. You really are too hard on yourself...not with what you eat because that's life and death. But look, I'm an old woman with lots of experience...been there done that. Try to look at all the good you do during the day...nursing the baby and caring for your family. Don't try to be super woman..having children and also surgery takes time to recover. A pox on clean houses and organization. Make sure to get enough rest and recover ...it took me a year to recover from having a baby and going under the knife is very hard on the body. So be gentle with youself....the babies will be grown and gone before you know it...you want good memories of having just spent as much time with them as possible. and a side note, you might be experiencing some depression and OCD, but I'm not a doctor just a mother with a daughter who's been through a rough time and is now on the mend. As you said, Enough :lol:
Gypsy

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 pm

How do you make the bean burgers? I'll check your blog. Sounds like a good day :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Debbie. wrote:Tired today. Gonna call on my results today too. Off to take the kids to the library and maybe the park. I think I need a much larger cooler pack. The one I have barely holds enough food for us for the day, and it is only 4 of us this time. The girls have pbj sandwiches, and I took a corn and bean salad I threw together quickly; cup corn, can of black beans, 1/2 each yellow orange and red pepper and salsa; I also have 1/2 canteloupe cut up a dozen strawberries, some sliced up mixed color peppers and baby carrots. I also am bringing crackers for the kids, as back up. And of course extra waters:O)

For breakfast Im having oats with blueberries and bananas. And because it was too thick, I poured a little bit of soy milk in it to thin it up a little. Bleck!! I dont like creamy oats. I havent put any kind of milk in my oats for so long, I dont remember. But I dont like them. Im eating them, but I dont like em. Next time I'll stick with water for thinning them. Right now Im picking out the berries :lol:

And with that Im off! Have a great Friday.

I don't care for creamy oats either and if I add to much water when I am trying to thin it a bit then I end up having to add more oats for me to like it because I don't like it to thin either. I'm picky with my oats but I LOVE them.
Rosey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm

hey deb

Just read your post on the organization challenges you face, and wanted to recommend Fly lady

http://www.flylady.net/pages/begin_babysteps.asp

She sends out a daily email to remind you what chores to do that day. seriously. That helped me SO MUCH, but the most important thing i learned from her is her way of doing things in 2 minute, 10 minute, and 15 minute increments. She helped me realize that spending two minutes uncluttering a "hot spot" was GOOD and it was GOOD ENOUGH for now.

anyway. if you can use it, do. If not...it's okay. She helped me a lot, if only to give myself a break "Housework done imperfectly still blesses teh family" :nod: I linked you to "Baby Steps" but there are lots of pages on her site
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE

Time really does fly, just "yesterday" you were a baby, now you have 3 of your own.

When I was your age, (I wont say it!!), you were 15. Your oldest is only 6. :eek: I started earlier. :lol:

Going thru the teen age years, I can't believe that you are now my best friend. I can't imagine not having you in my life. I am so blessed. :nod:

Hope that your day is PERFECT!!

Mom
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Teresa1986 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Happy Birthday Deb!! Hope you are having a wonderful day. 40 is not that bad and let me tell you 50 is not bad either. =)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
Teresa1986

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals