Rebecca's Fresh Start

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rebecca's Fresh Start

Postby armywife » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey Rebecca!

I am with you on the baked goods thing. Made some vegan scones the other day, slightly odd taste so I only had one and froze the rest.

How are you feeling mentally? Energized by the experience or just getting through it? How different is this way of eating compared to what you had been doing?

Way to go on taking charge of your health. It takes courage.

Be good to yourself! :-D
armywife

Postby rebecca » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:07 am

My mental state is good. Lately, I've been "missing" my binge foods. It is challenge to change patterns and figure out why I over eat. Had some stressful events that in the past I would have just done a binge instead I confronted the problem head on. This week it has been hot here. That made it difficult to workout. Weighed myself this morning and found out I lost 3 lbs. for this week :-D
rebecca

Postby armywife » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:42 am

Great job on the weight loss Rebecca!!!! I can totally relate to the binge thing. Sometimes it would take me weeks to get back on track after a binge. Chocolate is a huge binge food for me. Glad you were able to avoid the binge reaction, it takes a lot of strength to do so. I think you will begin to miss those "trigger" foods as I call them, less and less as your body adjusts to a better state of being. I've found that has been happening to me. It isn't always easy though.

Weekends are always a little more challenging to stay on track so best wishes for your weekend!
armywife

Postby rebecca » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:27 pm

It was my birthday on Tuesday. I allowed myself some cake and I had a couple of dinners to attend and I did allow for some food that was high in fat and sugar. It just amazes me how that combo is so addicting. Now I am back on track. thinking of eating a lot of potato dishes to set me straight over the next couple of days.
L: baked potatoes w/ mixed veggie and barley bake
S: oven fries and raw veggies
D: baked sweet potato w/ curried lentils and cumin summer squash
:mrgreen:
rebecca

Postby rebecca » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Back to my journal. I've been doing the MWL for August and feeling like a got a little jump start on things. :) I'm down 3 lbs. for the week and that feels great. Need to do my exercise for the day.
B: oatmeal w/ dried fruit(1tps.), 1 cup coffee
L: Mexican rice w/ black beans and spinach 2 corn tortillas
S: watermelon
D:curried lentils and potatoes, brown rice, okra
100 oz of water
rebecca

Postby armywife » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 am

Hi Rebecca!

I've been gone for a while, life has been hectic in August but I'm back now. Great job on the 3lb loss!!! Glad you feel good. keep up the good work!
armywife

Postby rebecca » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Back to the basics. My weight is 213.8 :eek:. I know I am addicted to SAD food. I am making an honest effort to make this a lifestyle before my quality of life slips by me and I end up having a heart attack or diabetes.
I made potatoes tonight and my son(14 year old) asked how many did you make! :lol: Guess he was hungry for taters too.
B: oatmeal w/ blueberries, coffee
S: apple
L: black beans, rice, steamed veg
S: pear
D: baked potatoes, chickpea gravy(just chickpeas and ff veg broth), steamed California mix veggies
All in all it was a good day. Now I'm off to do some reading for my HR class.
rebecca

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Looks like you had a very successful day today!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby rebecca » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks Blondie! Yesterday I was really busy. Did not have time to post my food. Here it is:
B: oatmeal w/ blueberries
S: oatmeal w/ blueberries
L: baked potato, green salad w/ bell peppers, green beans,red quinoa w/balsamic vinegar
S: baked potato
D: w.w. pasta w/ red sauce. California mix veggies
rebecca

Postby Norm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 am

rebecca wrote: chickpea gravy(just chickpeas and ff veg broth),

Hmm... Chickpea gravy... This sounds good!! Do you just cook the chickpeas down into mush and then smish them up into gravy?

-Norm
Norm

Postby rebecca » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi Norm- I just used cooked chick peas and added ff veggie broth. Throw in blender and keep adding broth to desired thickness. Just pour in a pan and heat. I added savory and garlic or add what you like.

Today I'm feeling a little low energy. End of a busy week and all. I'm glad to be at home.
B: green smoothie
S: potato
L: Green salad, California veg mix, lentil soup, brown rice
S: apple
D: More lentil soup w/ spinach and tomatoes w/ green chili, brown rice, herbal tea
rebecca

Postby rebecca » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Feeling good today. I did a 20 min turbo jam workout as soon as I got up. Before the pressures of the day hit me and I end up not doing it.
B:East-West Breakfast from The New McDougall Cookbook. This was really good. I'll make it again :nod:
L: mashed sweet potatoes, spinach, black-eyed peas
S:Shredded Wheat w/ unsweetened almond milk
D: roasted golden beets, brown rice, green salad
rebecca

Postby vanessa40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 am

Good Morning,
I am a binge eater too. I have to keep all trigger foods out of the house.
It usually happens to me when i get bored so i have had too find other thing to do besides head for the kitchen.
Hope you have a wonderful day
To Err Is Human
To Forgive Is Canine
vanessa40

Postby rebecca » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for the support Vanessa! Have not been posting my meals but I've been on track. This week is my TOM. Feeling slugish and wanted to curl up in bed. Really don't want to exercise but need to :\
B: oatmeal w/ apple
S: oatmeal w/apple
L: mashed potatoes, pumpkin chili
S: 1/2 apple
D: veggie stew w/ pasta
rebecca

Postby carollynne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 pm

hi to you, You are doing good, I love oatmeal with blueberries too. a great way to start my day too. And the lovely potatoes are always on the menu in my house.
You sound as though you are aware of all the pitfalls, so have fun!! go0d health is coming you way!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals