Ben's journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Ben's journal

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Welcome back, Ben! I'm so glad to see you here!

Do you have this DVD? http://www.drmcdougall.com/store_fast_food.html

If not, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's great for folks who aren't really into cooking, per se, but who want to make easy, fast, inexpensive meals that fit this program.

:)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi. Yes, I do have that dvd. I agree that it is fantastic. I love it.

Well, as the week has progressed my food intake has got worse and worse. Yesterday was not good.

I am going to restart properly in the next day or so.
Ben

Postby RAS » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 am

Hi Ben,Welcome...I'm a do-over too.Thanks Debbie,that is good advice,about slipping and getting right back on,& not waiting 'til Monday again!Hope you are doing well. & Ben we CAN do it this time. RAS (Not shouting-Encouraging)
RAS

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 am

Ben, you need to commit to not buying chocolate, etc. I.e., it should not be in your house. If you slip up and get some in a machine or whatever, at least it's a small amount. What is in your house should be McDougall compliant ONLY.

Have you tried taking cold cooked potatoes with you? I love Yukon Golds made this way--they are tasty and really give you a carb boost when you're hungry or tired. Plus they keep you from eating something else. When folks want something sweet (i.e., chocolate) they often think that they should eat fruit to kill the craving, but often that makes things worse. Complex, rather than simple, carbs are your best friend in that situation! :)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Melinda » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

Ben, there is so much excellent support here. Like Debbie says, start over right away, instead of waiting. Sticking with this will change your life dramatically! and yes, get the bad stuff out of the house.
Melinda

Postby Melinda » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:01 am

So often we sit and visualize how good something would taste, or how good (momentarily) it will make us feel - comfort, reward, familiarity or just the sensual taste of the food. For me this usually happens when I am not engaged in something. So try to use this visualization to your advantage, by visualizing how good you will feel, how great it will be to take part in activities that you may have been too self conscious to do before, how easily you will move without excess weight, buy newer smaller clothes, whatever is a tantalizing dream for you. :-)
Melinda

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks all for your your advice (I agree with it all) and support.

It is night time here, and I am going to start McDougalling again tomorrow morning. I am going to get more stubborn with it and do it for long enough to feel a difference
Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:22 am

I'm still here. I have not posted for a few days as I have been eating SAD full time. One thing to report is that I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I was down 3.5 pounds from the week before. Although I had been eating quite poorly for most of the week, overall for the week my diet went from being atrocious to just really, really bad. If I can lose 3.5 pounds from that imagine what I could lose if I was McDougalling properly!

I am making the change tomorrow. I have got my fridge stocked. No bad food in the house. I am going to get stubborn

Ben
Ben

Postby burgh_grl » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:35 am

Ben wrote:I'm still here. I have not posted for a few days as I have been eating SAD full time. One thing to report is that I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I was down 3.5 pounds from the week before. Although I had been eating quite poorly for most of the week, overall for the week my diet went from being atrocious to just really, really bad. If I can lose 3.5 pounds from that imagine what I could lose if I was McDougalling properly!

I am making the change tomorrow. I have got my fridge stocked. No bad food in the house. I am going to get stubbornthe race is not always to the swift Ben..sometimes, we've gotta go it this way. we're all learning...and in this together!Yes...stubborn is what i've gotten too.. :nod: you're on the path now...GO for it!! Donna aka burgh-grl

Ben
burgh_grl

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning