Proverbs31's 2011 Journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Proverbs31's 2011 Journey

Postby SusanneUK » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 am

Well done you, 3.4 in less than two weeks is nothing to dismiss. All the best for your next weigh in!

I'm doing a kind of modified Mary's Mini too, mostly with potatoes but I can't bear potatoes in the morning (tried sweet potato and can't say I like that) so am having rice. So far it's going really well and it's easy.

You say you want to make meals simple, but don't forget that you need to like them, too! If I have learned anything in my dieting career, it's that I can stick with anything for a while but unless I really like it, I will get fed up (like you did with snap) and will never muster up the will to return to it, even with modifications.

How do you prepare your rice for breakfast?
SusanneUK

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:32 pm

SusanneUK wrote:How do you prepare your rice for breakfast?

Thanks for your comments Susanne. To answer your question, I don't eat rice in the morning. I usually eat oatmeal instead.

I'm still eating mostly a modified mary's mini. I went back to work this week, and every day this week I've had someone else tell me that they can tell I've lost weight. I've only lost 10 pounds so far, so it definitely lets me know that I am doing something right.

I'll be weighing in again tomorrow. Hopefully, I've lost at least another pound.
proverbs31woman

Down .6 of a pound

Postby proverbs31woman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 am

I weighed myself this morning, and I now weigh 175.6 pounds. I've lost a little over 1/2 of pound since last week. It's notmuch, but I'll take it. My period just went off yesterday, so I know I usually retain more water when my period is on. Plus, since I started going back to work, I haven't been able to workout as long as I would like. And of course, I have to consider the things that I've eaten off plan. I will strictly follow the mwl then weigh myself again on Wednesday morning.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Today went pretty well. I went to the gym this morning, and I worked out for about an hour, doing a combination of cardio and weight training. After that, I got home, and I ate alarge bowl of oatmeal with some fruit. My family and I spent most of the day out of town at my son's football game. I was really hungry, and unfortunately all thatwas available was SAD food. I should've brought some fruit with me, but I waited till the last minute to get ready. I ended up having two diet cokes and a couple of small cheese sticks while there. Then we went eat at Ruby Tuesdays that evening, and i ate from the salad bar.

I almost forgot to mention that I checked my body fat percentage while I was at the gym this morning, and it is quite high: 35 %. I want to get it down to at least 25% by the end of my journey.
proverbs31woman

Re: Lost about 5 lbs.

Postby gloryfoods » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 pm

proverbs31woman wrote:I'm well on my way to reaching my first goal of getting in the 170s before August, and my stomach is already getting flatter. This coming week, I plan to try to addmore green and yellows to my meals. Maybe even snack on only greens and yellows. I found these canned, low soidum cooked greens from Glory Greens that I like, and I love cooked squash and zucchini. I also want to try other veggies such as kale. I am really happy about the progress that I've made so far.

Congratulations on reaching your first goal! We're so glad you discovered our Sensibly Seasoned greens, and we're wishing you continued success. :-)

- Yvette from Glory Foods
gloryfoods

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Here are my updated tentative goals. I had to change them because I didn't reach my second goal, and I have to have my goals work for me.

Starting weight: 184.6 lbs. (7/8)
1) Get in the 170s before August~~~*REACHED*
2) Get in the 160s before my father's bday party
3) Get in the 150s before the November 1st
4) Get in the 140s before December 1st
5) Reach goal of 135 lbs before Christmas

Life Goal: Consistently eat on plan and exercise and get in the mindset of enjoying healthy foods.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 pm

I've been quite busy lately and not eating as well as I'd like. I plan to get back on track tomorrow. No weigh-in for me. Just concentrating on getting back to eating healthy.

I've done well in regards to exercise though. I've gone to the gym on monday and wednesday so far this week, and I'm looking forward to going on Friday.
proverbs31woman

Postby eri » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:50 pm

you can do it! good job on the exercise.
eri

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, eri. I need it.

I've been having a hard time with school lately, feeling inadequate. It's been bleeding into my eating habits. I even went as far as to have a few slices of pepperoni pizza this weekend.

I'm going to get back on a Mary's Mini tomorrow with sweet potatoes as my starch. I've already cooked the potatoes, but i forgot to cook a veggie to go with it. I'll put that on the to do list for the morning.

Time has really been an issue lately. It seems like ere are not enough hours in the day, but God has really been helping me through this. I really need to trust Him more. He never fails me.

Oh...i almost forgot to mention, I weighed myself this morning, and I weigh 174.7 lbs, so I haven't gained much. I still don't want to continue to let things get out of hand.
proverbs31woman

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals