BenFTW's Weightloss. (From 290 to ...)

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

How am I doing so far?

Great!
67%
Pretty good!
33%
Okay.
No votes
Meh.
No votes
Terrible.
No votes

Total votes : 3

BenFTW's Weightloss. (From 290 to ...)

Postby BenFTW » Tue May 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey everyone, as you may guess, my name is Ben. Im... thinking how to write this. :P Well, lets start here, the max weight I have been was 315. (O_o i know lol) I looked like a little pudge ball considering when I was at that weight I hadn't gone through my growth spurt. (Now 6''1') At that point in time my parents felt need to... intervene. Considering they were also overweight and technically, for me at that time, obese.

So if I remember correctly the diet I went on was the Perricone diet or something like that. And I actually had lost weight on it and I wouldnt say I followed it to the "T" but I did try to make healthier choices. I would eat oatmeal topped with blue berries for breakfast, fish(salmon in particular) with veggies for lunch and dinner. (chicken also) And after awhile I guess we just stopped I just kind of ate healthy but without following a diet. (meaning we ate "healthy" but every once in awhile allowed for unhealthy stuff) And then the unhealthy kind of consumed the diet. I went to about 275 but my Dad tells me I went to 260. (idk about that)

After back to consuming a lot of meats and calzones from a local pizza place I went all the way back up to 290. During this time of weight loss and gain I started becoming more interested in diet. Diet in the lifestyle sense and not diet as in get on and get off. My family and I would watch documentaries that really sparked interest, such as Food Matters, Food Inc, and more. You probably know them all... and if you don't, go check them out. And along with the documentaries I started going to websites about health like naturalnews.com. I also went to youtube and mainly just watched LifeRegenerator (Dan McDonald.) And in turn recently started watching DurianRider. But in one of his vids at the end he had a URL to this site and so I checked it out.

I looked through this site and have basically for about a week followed it to the 'T" except for one day that I went to a birthday party and let... peer pressure get the best of me. (Ate like 3 cup cakes lol aka dairy, unhealth flours, sugary, etc) But I got back on the band wagon and the next day continued with this starch based eating. I have gone from the 290 to 280 already in a week. (or less.. cant remember the exact day I started except it was during the day of AI last week.

So yeah, 10 lbs. :) Thats definetly progress.

What I've been having is -

B- Oatmeal with fruit on top. (a banana)
L- Salad with beans. (pink beans, tomatoes, kale, spinach, collard greens)
D- Rice with vegetables. (brown rice, cilantro, kale and tomatoes with some hot sauce) Hot sauce has 200mg of Sodium but I did that today basically other days I actually took orange juice (a table spoon or two) and mixed it with the hotsauce and poured over the salad.

I know we are supposed to stay away from fruit juices but this one is organic and even so, I know. lol Then again it is way better than eat a calzone, am I right?! :lol:

Tomorrow I'll probably have some whole grain pasta spaghetti meal for dinner. My oatmeal for breakfast and another salad or brown rice with veggies for lunch.

Oh btw, on the first few days on MWL, I did have avocado and a few nuts. The way I viewed it, it helped me transition to the MWL plan because now I have taken those things out aswell. (in one week. lol )

Hmm... any of you have any idea what a 6'1 male should weigh so I can make a goal? I've heard 220 all the way to 180.

Alright... what else? Oh, I am 20 years old and on the 31st of this month I will be turning 21.

... okay... oh and I recently read The China Study. lol

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I will probably keep this updated with my weight loss. Weekly basis? Yeah. Thanks again!
BenFTW

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning