Rosey - 2011 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Rosey - 2011 Journal

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am

moonlight wrote:
Rosey wrote:ug. I had 2 big opps hopefully it won't kill me on the scales. don't even know why I did it either time. back to plan and using my super cool panini press for hash browns. It works so good and gives the crunch I've been missing.

Hi Rosey, would you mind explaining how you do the hashbrowns? Do you use frozen or grate your own? Sounds very yummy! :)

Hi Moonlight sorry it took me a bit to answer. The hash browns I usually take my potatoes and shred them in the food processor first then put them in the panini press. the Esselstyn's video shows them doing it from frozen.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Good Morning it's still morning got less then hour til noon though. It's a beautiful day outside. I was letting money stress me this morning and then I went you know what you have food in the house and all the bills are paid and Hubby says he has enough scrap in the truck to get his gas so why are you stressing? Enjoy this beautiful day. So enjoy it I am. Got water next to me drinking it as I was paying the bills and checking emails and facebook of course. This is about time I eat my breakfast don't know why I always eat it so late but can't seem to get myself to eat sooner.

Been doing pretty good this week on the eating front except one handful of chips that my husband brought into the house. I made him take them with him when he left to turn scrap in. I had to laugh at myself yesterday when I made my mashed potatoes oh my were they salty tasting. I didn't get my normal veggie broth because I found a different one much cheaper well silly me didn't realize the new one was from concentrate and tried to use it like I would the other. I had quite a bit of it in the potatoes before I realized it was thicker then I was used to. so I looked at it closer and saw it was concentrate I added water and more potatoes but they were still really really salty. laugh. live and learn. I used about 1/2 a cup of it before I realized and it says 2 tsp to 1 cup. opps.

Been making sure I get my walks in it's been cooler this week so easier for me to do. Though on hot days I've been waiting till sun is going down and then taking the walk. Only issue with walking is when I wake up in morning my heel is very painful to step on. Chiropractor gave me exercises to do so that it isn't as painful but sometimes you just don't got time to do them before you have to go to the restroom laugh. Told my hubby we need to figure out how to put my bike somewhere I can get it out easier. Right now I've been biking on weekends with him because he can back the car out so my bike will fit out. it can't fit out the man door without a lot of work on my part and I can't drive the car even that much without it popping my back out of place grrrr... We are going to sell it and get me an automatic but we are trying to wait till it's paid off first and enjoying drives in it till it is paid off. going to miss it I already miss driving it. Geez I'm chatty this morning. laugh.

Anyway all is good even with me having to change mind set on a few things and learning how to use my new veggie broth right. laugh... Hope you have a wonderful day. I plan too. off here to go make some potatoes and peas.
Rosey

Postby Vintagesan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 am

I smelled potatoes and peas in the journey section and had to stop by. Then I saw it came from Rosey...so return visit in your journal. :mrgreen:

You go for a walk every day? I like that! Maybe I should try this as well. Do you have a special route or do you just walk for a specific time? When you mentioned your bike I had to think when I sat the last time on a bike...and even cannot remember. :oops: Silly me!
Hope you get familiar with your new broth soon. What new brand do you use now?
Vintagesan

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:48 am

Vintagesan wrote:I smelled potatoes and peas in the journey section and had to stop by. Then I saw it came from Rosey...so return visit in your journal. :mrgreen:

You go for a walk every day? I like that! Maybe I should try this as well. Do you have a special route or do you just walk for a specific time? When you mentioned your bike I had to think when I sat the last time on a bike...and even cannot remember. :oops: Silly me!
Hope you get familiar with your new broth soon. What new brand do you use now?

I eat a whole lot of Potatoes and peas and yep the next batch of potatoes were much better with the broth. I do walk every day anywhere from a mile to 3 miles depending on how I'm feeling and how hot it is outside sometimes 2 or 3 smaller walks. My bike is a recumbent trike everyone says I'm piloting a lawn chair. laugh. Had to go look at what it was. I bought it from our cash and carry it's Knorr Professional Concentrated Vegetable base. Told my hubby I might even do less of it then it says to do. So used to the low sodium Pacific Vegetable broth that I still taste the salt in the new one with amount it says to use.
Rosey

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

Rosey wrote:
moonlight wrote:
Rosey wrote:ug. I had 2 big opps hopefully it won't kill me on the scales. don't even know why I did it either time. back to plan and using my super cool panini press for hash browns. It works so good and gives the crunch I've been missing.

Hi Rosey, would you mind explaining how you do the hashbrowns? Do you use frozen or grate your own? Sounds very yummy! :)

Hi Moonlight sorry it took me a bit to answer. The hash browns I usually take my potatoes and shred them in the food processor first then put them in the panini press. the Esselstyn's video shows them doing it from frozen.

Hi Rosey! I looked up the panini press (don't have one) and am envious of this!!! :-D Using a waffle iron, but could sure brown a bunch more with panini press... Hope you have a great w/e!
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby moonlight » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi Rosey,
I hope you are having a good week! I just saw the last post in your journal. I had forgotten who was making the hashbrowns! Thanks for telling me how you make them and the video. I've watched some of their videos. They are a cute mother-daughter duo. Always make me laugh. Take care!
moonlight

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:21 pm

moonlight wrote:Hi Rosey,
I hope you are having a good week! I just saw the last post in your journal. I had forgotten who was making the hashbrowns! Thanks for telling me how you make them and the video. I've watched some of their videos. They are a cute mother-daughter duo. Always make me laugh. Take care!

Yeah they make me laugh too. Love watching them.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:Hi Rosey! I looked up the panini press (don't have one) and am envious of this!!! :-D Using a waffle iron, but could sure brown a bunch more with panini press... Hope you have a great w/e!

The Panini press was pretty cheap on Amazon that's where I got mine. I'm loving it.
Rosey

Postby Vintagesan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:12 am

I don't own one either, but maybe I will have a look an Amazon's Prime Day. :nod:
Vintagesan

Postby Rosey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:07 am

I think my week is going pretty good though not perfect on my eating. I need to make myself list what I eat where someone else can see it maybe. I don't know I have a hard time keeping up with just journaling but I need to make myself not do certain things like slurpee I had the other day because I was to hot among other things.

Hubby doesn't help when he went and bought me 2nd slurpee of week for our anniversary treat. Broke at moment so that was a cheap treat.

Anyway. Kicking myself back into gear not beating self up. hopefully scales show me second part of week not first. laugh.
Rosey

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Well even with my slips this week I still lost 1 lb. from 289.3 lbs to 288.3 lbs.
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Good job, Rosey!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 am

Laugh. I was bad girl and got on scales this morning and I was down to 286.2 lbs. Woot. will get my self out of the 280's soon.
Rosey

Postby Idgie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:36 am

You're on fire, Rosey!!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Rosey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:02 pm

This is me in my new dresses as most people call them. I call them shirts. They are 2 sizes smaller then my last ones.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/163283647@N08/shares/yWY8D4
Rosey

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals