Veganing Again

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Veganing Again

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 pm

OK, so I started McDougalling full-time again Sunday. Hubby likes to go out to eat at least once a week and sometimes more. I've told him a gillion times I don't feel like I have to go out to eat a lot and just save going out for special occasions. Makes me think he hates my cooking but he insists that's not it. I think he just got into the habit of going out to eat when he was in the Air Force (for 21 years) and travelled all the time. Anyway it wreaks havoc on any diet or eating plan I'm on. So I've just decided to get him to at least go to a place that has an all you can eat salad bar. He also eats out everyday for lunch, refusing to take his lunch because he doesn't have a place to eat it, even though a lot of people eat at their desk. He says he just has to get out of the office at lunchtime and I can understand that but he is getting huge from all the eating out. I just refuse to keep gaining weight. He doesn't get home from work until 6:30 or 7. I get very hungry between 4-5 so I have decided to quit fighting it and just eat my dinner then even though he is not home yet. Works out better as I have no desire to eat in the evenings.
Gramma Jackie

Re: Veganing Again

Postby Gramma Jackie » Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 am

I've lost a pound a day since returning to the McDougall plan last weekend. :-D

Finding it easier this time for some reason. I was babysitting my grandson for the first 3 years of his life. He is in preschool now. Although I absolutely LOVED taking care of him, I now have more time to concentrate on losing weight and getting healthy. When I babysat him, I couldn't get down on the floor and play with him. He would say, "I will help you gramma." He is so sweet, but it's things like that, that made me realize I needed to get healthy. I want to see that little guy grow up, graduate from college and get married, so being healthy is important to me.
Gramma Jackie

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning