DB Goal: Heathy eating for the whole family - edited goal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: DB Goal: Heathy eating for the whole family - edited goa

Postby dragana » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 am

Okay, I have to be honest. I haven't been eating based on my plans, especially dinners. Last night for example I had a late dinner, due to children playing to late outside and then being past their bed time. So I had 1 rice wrap w arugula, beans, salsa. Then I was still hungry so i had 2 rye bread sandwiches w guacamole, salsa and beans. So not good if I want to lose weight. Last night again was a miserable night for baby's sleep. I was getting so happy that she was only waking up 2 times in the last few days but last night she was back to her old, wake up but not want to get back to sleep. Urgh...She is 11 months old, I gotta do something about this. I need some normalcy.

I've got Appetite for Reduction on my kindle but I still haven't looked at it. Maybe my today's plan will change is if I find something in there I would like to make tonight. Also, my scale is broken so I don't know how well I am doing. I think I will buy a new scale tomorrow.

B: plan: steel cut oats w fruit, splash os soy milk
children: corn puffs, blueberries
L: plan: large salad (kale & mixed greens) w beans, a little bit of guacamole, salsa, sweet red peppers, red onion
children: rye bread sandwiches
D: tabuleh, steamed swiss chard on the side & cauliflower
children: shepherds pie, cauliflower, frozen strawberry dessert
plan tonight: white beans in slow cooker overnight
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8vHiYa/]
[/url]

May 12, 2011: 40/34/40
dragana

Postby dragana » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 am

I am back to 'salad is the main course' for the hot days of the summer. Of course I am puting grains in it. Last night tabbuleh (sp?_ was great - best of it - no cooking required just soak the grains. As a twist I also shredded bunch of kale and added to it. Oh, so yummy.

B: sc oats w fruit
L: tabbuleh early in the day, it was so good I couldn't wait until lunch, later I had a cabbage stir fry w peppers and onions & tomato sauce - oh so yummy
D: mango salsa w rice wraps as chips, 1 spoonful of guacamole, few corn chips
Last edited by dragana on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 am

I have a lot of leftover vegetables from last week in the fridge. This week we didn't really eat that great. I've noticed when we get busy the vegetables are left out, simply because washing takes too much time. I absolutely need to wash all my leafy greens the same day they are purchased otherwise they just sit in the fridge.

B: steel cut oats w banana
L: green mango inspired salad: mango, field greens, cilantro, red onions, red peppers, chickpeas glazed with maple syrup instead of peanuts
D: potato salad in cauliflower sauce (cauliflower blended w nutritional yeast, mustard, rice vinegar), green onion, orange & yellow peppers; steamed swiss chard & collards w garlic
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:36 pm

I am still struggling. I have yet to get it right. If I weren't breastfeeding I would've started fasting for few days to cleanse my palate and to reduce my food intake. That is how I finally became vegetarian many years ago. I was wondering if this would also help me to McDougall appropriately. I eat too many starches and fruits and beans and avocado and tofu, I am not gaining, but I am not losing either. If I were exercising this wouldn't be much of a problem but I am trying to lose weight with basically minimum exercise. Maybe I finally start measuring my starches and limiting my fruits?

B: big bowl of oatmeal w baby jar fruit and strawberries
S: frozen banana-strawberry icecream
L:veggie pizza ww with loads of broccoli, garlic and pepeprs
D: salad w buckwheat, fresh broccoli, avocado, garlic, sweet red peppers, lemon, chickpeas; sweet potato fries w tiny bit-minimum oil baked
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:47 am

Back from holidays and glad to see that I haven't gained any weight. For the next 2 weeks I am going to eat MWL with smoothies on select days to help me lose 4 lbs before the wedding. Since in a week I am also going back to work after being off for a year (very sad time for me) I am trying to make my MWL as simple as possible.

This is what I have been thinking. Cook large amount of starch the night before and leave it in the fridge. Wash all the veggies and have them ready for the next day. Stock up with McD friendly cup soups. Have ready beans.

I am planning to eat breakfast of starch & fruit or smoothie depending on the day.

Lunch is the same starch as for breakfast mixed in a large salad with lots of greens of all kinds and yellow and red veggies, maybe a soup too if I am really hungry (stock up on soup cups and keep them at my desk).

Dinner is either the same starch (or baked sweet potatoes or new potatoes) in addition of cooked or raw vegetables and beans.

Drink a lot of water.

Do toning exercises every day. Start with 50 push-ups, 100 sit ups and 100 jumping jacks.

Basically I am trying to do Mary's mini (with smoothies periodically) for a day, day at a time.

Need to stock up on bulgur, quinoa, quick cooking brown rice. Need to cook white beans I have in the cupboard and need to stock up with Eden canned beans.

This is the plan. Now see how well I do.
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Day 1 so far so good.

Exercise: Long walk with family

Food

Breakfast: fruit (watermelon, banana) w burglar
Lunch: 1 corn on the cob; large spinach salad w burglar wheat, soy milk based dressing w lemon juice and spices - yummy, yellow and orange peppers, tomato
Dinner: plan: Bean burrito, frozen broccoli lightly steamed, fresh baby carrots, fresh red pepper or tomato
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:35 am

I really enjoyed my meals yesterday. I love salads, of all the foods they make me feel the most healthy and happy afterwards. For a snack I had a small packet of instant oatmeal about 100 cal.

I am surprised at how well my 3 year old is eating now coming back from holidays. She's been eating lots of veggies and fruit and I am very surprised. When we were on holidays she never touched any vegetable and it was awful watching her. Perhaps the secret with her is that she gets bored of same foods and needs a change?

Today I am eating quinoa.

Breakfast plan: quinoa w banana and blueberries, splash of soy milk if needed
Lunch plan: mixed field greens salad w quinoa, chickpeas, onions and peppers, not sure what I am doing for dressing
Dinner plan: rice & beans?? w spinach?
[/url]

dragana

Postby dragana » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 pm

I don't know what is going on with me today. I have been so hungry all day. Maybe quinoa is not so filling for me or is it something hormonal? I alone ate the whole box by myself before 1 pm- I am going to check how many calories is that - and I have snacked on banana, apple and watermelon and I am still hungry.

I did make a fantastic salad dressing with blended chickpeas, soy milk, lemon juice, spices and some olives - so yummy in salad

For dinner I am thinking white bean soup with veggie salad. Maybe that will fill me up.
[/url]

dragana

Postby sksamboots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:56 pm

SOmedays you just have to eat. Try more fruits and veggies, you will get full :nod:
sksamboots

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals