Countinuing: "Getting it right, at last!"

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Countinuing: "Getting it right, at last!"

Postby burgh_grl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:53 am

Alba wrote:Thanks for your input burgh-girl.
Breakfast: o/m and crushed pineapples if not avaialble then tidbits.
snack: banana
Lunch: rice veggies and white kidney beans
snack: late afternoon and getting peckish, so off Subway for veggie wrapI ws shpping ystrday & remembred your saying ths about subway. I stpped there & thy had a veggie burger, in a flatbread, w/tons of fresh veggies. Quite good actually!! :wink:
Supper: mashed potatoes with beans and steamed broccoli.
Oh I had a few handfuls of mixed nuts unsalted that I could have done without. :? stuff happens...
Non eventful day but two long walks with the dog. We are taking to the groomer today for his first bath either or we change his name to Mr. Pong!!!!
:D you won't believe this, but I did my first total groom on Bo, our mini schnauzer. OMG...he YIPED!!! a couple times, & my hubby SCREAMED :eek: when I got too ambitious with the clipper,on his sensitive tummy but...~one solid, EXHAUSTING hour later...~he looked GOOD! Saved fifty bucks! every month...this?? WHEW. I did well ystrday...in control. Picked up "the pleasure trap" by Douglas J. Lisle, ph.d & Alan Goldhamer, D.C. forward by John McDougall. A very good and short read! Have a good one there!
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Sounds like you had a day with schnauzer burgh-girl, I hope he/she appreciated it :-)

Breakfast: o/m and pineapples tidbits, I really like crushed better but our local supermarket don't seem think its necessary since they haven't had any in 3 weeks grrr.
snack: banana
Lunch; was my favourite a crock of potatoes.
Supper: split pea soup with Italian roll
Sliced nuked potaoes for an evening snack.
Raine din the morning so I did the grocery shopping and did nothing in the yard. I had a major nap this afternoon must have needed it, I think the dog is wearing me out :lol: . I cleaned the wood pile not that the snow has gone.
Two good walks with the dogs, this evening, we hooked with his new doggie pals that the naeighbours have, they have a border collie and shepherd mix called Jessie and James. They were also looking after a friend's pug named Harley. We were quite a pack
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:53 am

Alba wrote:Sounds like you had a day with schnauzer burgh-girl, I hope he/she appreciated it :-)

Breakfast: o/m and pineapples tidbits, I really like crushed better but our local supermarket don't seem think its necessary since they haven't had any in 3 weeks grrr. How dare they ?? ha...:( ohhh, it's the little things in life that we come to -expect- for our comforts, eh?? Funny!
snack: bananaYou're soooo disaplined! ;)
Lunch; was my favourite a crock of potatoes.
Supper: split pea soup with Italian roll
Sliced nuked potaoes for an evening snack.I'm getting better at not burning the heck out of em!
Raine din the morning so I did the grocery shopping and did nothing in the yard. I had a major nap this afternoon must have needed it, I think the dog is wearing me out :lol: . I cleaned the wood pile not that the snow has gone.we had good intentions of doing yard work...but...it didnt get done. I think the day before with Bo, wore us both out.
Two good walks with the dogs, this evening, we hooked with his new doggie pals that the naeighbours have, they have a border collie and shepherd mix called Jessie and James. They were also looking after a friend's pug named Harley. We were quite a pack

GOOD DAD!! Made them all happy I'm sure! Whatta pack of pups for sure!!
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks burgh-girl!
Today was a busy day, dleiveries to be done and then an hour and a half in the dentist chair completing the root canal I had done last week.
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples
Snacks: banana, raw veggies and a veggie sandwich.
Lunch: rice, veggies and beans
Supper: Split pea soup and romaine salad with silken tofu dressing.
Nuked potatoes as a snack this evening.

I ate a lot today. The walks with the dog are Godsend, I'm feeling more energetic and fitter. This morning I unloaded two apllets of groceries and chocolates by hand, and it was nothing, normally, it seemed like a chore. Also I ahd to buy a new belt tonight since I ran out of buckle holes :-) Love when that happens.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:00 am

Alba wrote:Thanks burgh-girl!
Today was a busy day, dleiveries to be done and then an hour and a half in the dentist chair completing the root canal I had done last week.ohhhh boy,whtta FUN dy huh? Gld thts over!
Snacks: banana, raw veggies and a veggie sandwich.
Lunch: rice, veggies and beans
Supper: Split pea soup and romaine salad with silken tofu dressing.
Nuked potatoes as a snack this evening.Wonderful day! Mine ws good as well..

I ate a lot today.which we're ALLOWED :)..the good stuff of course. The walks with the dog are Godsend,So glad you're in the habit..it is a win-win, for all. I'm feeling more energetic and fitter. :D Yayyy!!! This morning I unloaded two apllets of groceries and chocolates by hand, and it was nothing, normally, it seemed like a chore.a great recognition then, how wonderful.! Also I ahd to buy a new belt tonight since I ran out of buckle holes :-) :eek: Love when that happens.
omgoodness...you're just slipping away! :-D Yu're DOIN It Alba!! Keep on!!
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Gee burgh-girl I feel like I have my own cheer leading section :-) Thanks.
Snack: banana, raw veggies
Lunch rice and veggies and beans
Supper: mashed potatoes and beans
sanck: nuked potato slices
I'm starting to sound like Ground dog Day.

Just picked stuff at the warehouse today for delivery tomorrow.
This morning I took the dog a walk at 6 a.m. then this afternoon DW went with him for a walk. We ahve some 300 acres of parkland north of us. We went to a favourite spot and decided to carry on and got turned around a little and our normal mile walk turned into a 3 mile walk, none of us suffered for it !! Good news, we ran into a lady tha thad lost her dog yesterday. The dog had slipped off its collar but returned home late at night. Its great the people you memt with a dog either other dog owners or people who stop ad talk to you about the dog. DW was enthused about getting a dog but I was cautious but I am really glad we did.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 am

Alba wrote:Gee burgh-girl I feel like I have my own cheer leading section :-) Thanks. :nod: U betcha! You help me too-throughout the day, i'll recall wht U hd, & it mkes me stronger. We all help each OTHER!
Snack: banana, raw veggies
Lunch rice and veggies and beans
Supper: mashed potatoes and beans
sanck: nuked potato slicesI made those too...the dgs lOVE em! :D
I'm starting to sound like Ground dog Day.ohhh that ws such a funny movie!

Just picked stuff at the warehouse today for delivery tomorrow.a regular day then eh?
This morning I took the dog a walk at 6 a.m.Wow...Good for you! I took mine last night....the one tht didnt go to the home tht is. then this afternoon DW went with him for a walk. We ahve some 300 acres of parkland north of us. NIIIICE! We went to a favourite spot and decided to carry on and got turned around a little and our normal mile walk turned into a 3 mile walk,bet you wouldnt have done it so easily a year ago?! none of us suffered for it !!The progress you don't recognize so easily...is nonetheless THERE!! :D Good news, we ran into a lady tha thad lost her dog yesterday. The dog had slipped off its collar but returned home late at night.YAYYYYY! Its great the people you memt with a dog either other dog owners or people who stop ad talk to you about the dog.You form lovely lil relations with them huh? it's really nice. DW was enthused about getting a dog but I was cautious but I am really glad we did.Good...it is life changing, in a mostly good way. :nod:
It's turning HOT here in Orlando, which i'm not happy to see, but...until my hubby retires (6-10 years?) we're HERE. Until his Mom passes, his nightly visits to the home are just..what he does! That leaves me with lil Bo, our mini schnauzer, but you know...he puts himself to BED at 6:30 Alba...there is no keeping him UP. no way! sheesh! :? I admire your fortitude, determination and disapline...24 hours at a time...you're creating a wonderful future of health & good life quality...yayyyyy!! make it a good one, as you always do ;-)
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 am

Al ittle nippy today, I ahd to put up on the hood on my coat as my ears were getting nipped, -1 C or 31 F . The dog didn't seem to mind as the nose was going full force.
Yesterday saw a new low on the scale only a pound but in the right direction, I'm loving it!
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples like I had to tell you. :-)
Snack: banana, apple and raw veggies.
Lunch: rice, kale, carrots and corn
Peckish late in the afternoon so a
Wendy's palin baked potato.
Supper: cauliflower and potato blended soup with a crusty roll.
Sanck: nuked potatoes.
A lot, I know and my weight loss would be faster if I cut out some of the snacks but I'm at my comfort level. I tell people my problem is I'm half bulemic :lol:
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:24 am

Alba wrote:Al ittle nippy today, I ahd to put up on the hood on my coat as my ears were getting nipped, -1 C or 31 F . I'm a bit envious of that "nip"..we almost never get that.The dog didn't seem to mind as the nose was going full force. but of Course ;-)
Yesterday saw a new low on the scale only a pound but in the right direction, I'm loving it!that's truly how to go. in a comfortable way...that's making it REAL for life.
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples like I had to tell you. :-) I'm thinking..when I mke -steel cut oats-, thts whn i'm gnna try that!!i bought a monster sized box of yech...quick cooking oats..wch i didnt mean to get..but till they're gone...
Snack: banana, apple and raw veggies.i actually had a banana in the car coming home frm grocry shping(STARVED)...made the right choice..a FIRST! :-D
Lunch: rice, kale,ever try collards? they're big here in the South...pretty good! carrots and corn
Peckish late in the afternoon so a
Wendy's palinwhat's that? an alaskan potato? :) baked potato.
Supper: cauliflower and potato blended soupsounds good. I made corn & potato w/red peppers. with a crusty roll.i'm learning from ya my friend...i'm learning ;)
Sanck: nuked potatoes. yep...me too :)
A lot, I know and my weight loss would be faster if I cut out some of the snacks but I'm at my comfort level. that's the MOST important thing. Bravo! I tell people my problem is I'm half bulemic :lol:
Ha! ohhh, how i've wished to be a lil bulemic or anorexic at times!! just a wee bit you know ...have a good one...stay warm!
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 am

Wendy's palinwhat's that? an alaskan potato? baked potato.
Sort of, only make sure you keep it to the "right" side of the plate. :-)

Snack: banana
Late lunch: Subway flatbread and veggie, no cheese, no dressing sandwich.
Supper: Plain rice and beans
yesterday was full day, we picked up our second dog, a funny looking little girl but she's fitting in really well.
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -dogs.html
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 am

Alba wrote:Wendy's palinwhat's that? an alaskan potato? baked potato.
Sort of, only make sure you keep it to the "right" side of the plate. :-) Ha! Yep...for sure!

Breakfast: o/m and pineapplesi'm hving oatmeal w/dried cranberries
Late lunch: Subway flatbread and veggie, no cheese, no dressing sandwich.My new fav!
Supper: Plain rice and beanswhat? no potato anywhere? :?
yesterday was full day, we picked up our second dog, a funny looking little girl but she's fitting in really well. :D ohh boy...now you've done it...you're OWNED buddy..no free time ever again! :) Welcome to my world!
http://cotton-picker.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -dogs.html
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Her it is Sunday evening and I'm trying to remember what I had yesterday.
Let's see
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples ( that's an easy one)
Lunch: rice beans and veggies
Supper: Romaine lettuce with siken tofu dressing, cauliflower soup and bread.
Some rice and garbanzos last night.
We were supposed to have a common work day in our community, we trim trees so that the Garbage trucks and snow ploughs can get through, and maintian our own roads becasue we don't want the town to assume, (more taxes and property loss). Anyway it rained and was so windy postponed until today and it went well and we had everything done in two hours and then it snowed like it was mid winter. How crazy is that?
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby Alba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Sunday we did our common work day. We removed dead trees from hydro lines, cleaned up over hanging branches that would impede large service vehicles, very successful day. Afterwards, there is a barbeque and guess who is delegated to cook up the burgers and hot dogs? Yep, its so long since I had been a "q chef" but it turned out OK and another person and myself had a veggie burgers. I am not sure what was in it but best I don't know.

Breakfast: o/m and pineapples.
Early lunch: rice, veggies and beans
Late lunch: Veggies burgers
No supper:
Late snack: nuked potatoes.

After the work day I was reminded that there was a community monthly meeting at 4 p.m. so by the time I got home I was a little tired and in bed by 9:30 as I was dozing off during our evening black and white movie night. Its a full life :-)
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby carollynne » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Good for you!! lately I have noticed that the smell of burgers cooking or meat, is a bit nauseating to me!! who would ever have thought that one?
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Alba » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Good to hear from you Carollynne. Yesit was a bit of a turn off, frozen burgers, grilled with the fat oozing to the top, topped off with processed cheese in a white bread bun. No thanks.

snack: banana, raw veggies
Lunch: rice veggies, corn and beans.
Supper: Rice penne past with a butternut squash sauce it was like our own version of macaroni and cheese. It was good
Nuked potatoes later.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals