Countinuing: "Getting it right, at last!"

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Countinuing: "Getting it right, at last!"

Postby Alba » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 am

This is the former ron_dem now named alba. As I mentioned I had trouble togetting into my journal, since the system seemed to think I had tried to many times to get there on another machine. Theefore I ahd to re register undere a different handle and password sinc e I wasn't going to lose my journal. So here we go. I was formally on the "Getting it right, At Last!" thread.
This day is day 87 of my new and improved life. To date I have lost 16 lbs since the New Year only 68 to go :) Weight loss has been slow but in the right direction. As I mentioned in my last post of my former thread, we have a new family member in the form of a lemon and white beagle and I think he is going to add to my exercise regime. He is settling in nicely and we are all getting along fine.
Sunday Breakfast: o/m and pineapples
Snack: banana
Lunch: rice , veggies and beans
afternoon snack: (while waiting to pick up the dog, a veggie sandwich on flat bread from Subway)
Supper: mashed potatoes and beans.
Not a bad day except for the bread. However, I did see a new low on the scale the morning, so I am not complaining. Let this be a breakthrough week for you and your journey.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Re: Countinuing: "Getting it right, at last!"

Postby Alba » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:14 am

I can't beleive I have this typo on my journal title, anyone know how to correct it?
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby woods38 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 am

To change the subject message just go to edit at the bottom of your first post, click on it and then you can retype the subject line and submit.

Day 87 and 16 lbs. gone forever, wow! You are doing great! Enjoy your new family member. He sounds cute and he will make you get out and walk him every day.
woods38

Postby burgh_grl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:48 am

Welcome!! WOW...your progress, noted as you have here, is encouraging to us all...KEEP ON ...you're going great!! I was very interested to see your menu too...Subway has something we can have? :shock: omgosh...that's encouraging, when in a rush as I frequently am. Thanks Alba...watching as you progress on this journey ;) !!
Alba wrote:This is the former ron_dem now named alba. As I mentioned I had trouble togetting into my journal, since the system seemed to think I had tried to many times to get there on another machine. Theefore I ahd to re register undere a different handle and password sinc e I wasn't going to lose my journal. So here we go. I was formally on the "Getting it right, At Last!" thread.
This day is day 87 of my new and improved life. To date I have lost 16 lbs since the New Year only 68 to go :) Weight loss has been slow but in the right direction. As I mentioned in my last post of my former thread, we have a new family member in the form of a lemon and white beagle and I think he is going to add to my exercise regime. He is settling in nicely and we are all getting along fine.
Sunday Breakfast: o/m and pineapples
Snack: banana
Lunch: rice , veggies and beans
afternoon snack: (while waiting to pick up the dog, a veggie sandwich on flat bread from Subway)
Supper: mashed potatoes and beans.
Not a bad day except for the bread. However, I did see a new low on the scale the morning, so I am not complaining. Let this be a breakthrough week for you and your journey.
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:12 am

Thanks Woods38 and burgh_girl. I will try the edit..... couldn't get it to work, all it did was highlight it but wouldn't let me change.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby Alba » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Well my typo continues :oops: anyway, Frozen veg, this guy in on a raw diet, we buy from a supplier and seems to like. Its supposedly better for them as opposed to the big kibble crowd, which we don't feed him. Dogs are dying of cancer at 8 and 10 when they live to 12 to 14 so it makes sense to feed them the natural way.
Uneventful day, brakfast of o/m and pineapples, snack of banana and raw veggies, Lunch: rice beans witha chopped gherkin in it .
Supper will be pasta and veggies and granulated TVP.
We are having company over our president of our community association (I'm secretary) a pleasant lady and she is bringing her foxhound Bailey to meet Alba, they are both submissive dogs so it shouldn't be a problem "playdate" :-)
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 am

Your combo of oatmeal and pineapple sounds so interesting Alba. I'd have never thought of that! I like to put some dried (not too many!) cranberries into the water so they plump up...pineapple huh? interesting indeed. There is an indian dish called Kessari Bath...which is to die for...basically it's cream of wheat,~ with mango,( i used dry way back when)& fresh pineapple...wow,a really tasty dish!

sounds like your pup has a GOOD home...YAYYY!! My two do as well, but alas, they'll have to have standard dog chow, as my vet reccomended (i know, i know...it's not great!) but economy rules right now. I have two...Max, a chihuahua, and Bo, the mini schnauzer. Loves of our life they are!

have a GREAT day!!
burgh_grl

Postby Alba » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Burgh_girl, I think you will like the o/m and pineapples, the tang offset the bland of the o/m and sweetens it at the same time. Kessari bath sound delightful, I like cream of wheat so it should a cinch to make.
Today was funny day as well as tiring. Little doggie woke us with a scare this morning as he had an attack of kennel cough. That's much hacking and coughing until he brought up some foamy stuff. This went on all night. So sleep was rationed.
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples
snack: banana and grapes
Lunch: a plain bagel and some almonds (DW couldn't make me a lunch as she was looking after the dog.
Supper: pasta and veggies sauce with TVP granules, romaine salads with silken tofu dressing.
Let's hope we get sleep tonight
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby burgh_grl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:34 am

Alba wrote:Burgh_girl, I think you will like the o/m and pineapples, the tang offset the bland of the o/m and sweetens it at the same time.I think thats a brill idea! Do you use fresh, or canned pineapple? Kessari bath sound delightful, I like cream of wheat so it should a cinch to make.you'd be amazed...it's truly deLISH!
Today was funny day as well as tiring. Little doggie woke us with a scare this morning as he had an attack of kennel cough. :( Oh NO!! I know that cough...it's NASTY. yikes. poor baby. That's much hacking and coughing until he brought up some foamy stuff.ahhhh geeze...that'd wreck your sleep for sure! This went on all night.Ohhhhh noooooooo...DRATS!! So sleep was rationed.ahhhh, good thing it's not every night. you'll treasure a quiet night tonight ;)
Breakfast: o/m and pineapples
snack: banana and grapes
Lunch: a plain bagel and some almonds (DW couldn't make me a lunch as she was looking after the dog.
Supper: pasta and veggieswhat sort of veggies do you like to put in to the pasta? i'm still gathering ideas...trying to find things I like. sauce with TVP granules,i like those! romaine salads with silken tofu dressing.I've GOT to find a salad dressing that I actually LIKE. arrrgh...so far, I've not found one...hmmmm...the search goes on. Have a wonderful day Alba!
Let's hope we get sleep tonight
burgh_grl

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 am

Hi Alba!! Congrats on the weight loss and the new little beagle!!! I had a beagle as a child, and loved that dog soooo much...they sure do have alot of energy and they love to play!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Alba » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks LoriJenny, we adore this guy, so mild tempered and biddable, the only thing we have with him is that he doesn't know this is his forever home and he wants to follow his nose. He doesn't realize that's what got him trouble in the first place since ended in a shelter picked up as astray.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm

That is such a beagle trait...ours always did that, so we always had to be careful when the door was open! They tend to follow their noses without giving it much thought!!!
LoriJenny

Postby burgh_grl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:10 am

HI Alba...I was told by a friend with a beagle pup that she requires a LOT of exercize, since they are a "working breed" & it is what they LIVE to do...hmmmm :? ohhh yeah, he'll get ya out there LOTS.

My mini schnauzer is the same way...they were bred to eliminate vermin of all sorts. That adorable lil nose is- to the GROUND always!! ohhh my, he needs tons of room to run and "walkies"....
burgh_grl

Postby Katydid » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 am

Alba, my Dad was an avid rabbit hunter and always kept a kennel full of beagles while I was growing up. I'm now on my third beagle myself. They are happy, sturdy little dogs. They will never say "no" to a walk, run (or in the case of my dog Buddy, a drag). But as you have been told, they will follow their noses and will trail rabbits, squirrels, deer, raccoons, cats, etc. becoming deaf the moment they catch sent of something interesting. Do not let them off leash outside of a fenced in yard. Many is the time I've left the gate open accidentally and off they've gone coming back 6 or 7 hours later covered in mud and too tired to move. When you walk your pup, make sure to follow a set route until he learns his neighborhood. One day he will get out and you want him to be able to find his way home. Have fun!
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby Alba » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:38 am

HI Katydid, this guy is two to three years old. Yesterday he scared me when he managed to get past the door into the front yard, but as i say he is biddable and stopped when I called him and so I could bring him back into the house. DW has a picture of him on her blog cotton-picker.blogspot.com

Breakfast o/m and pineapples
snack: banana
Lunch: mashed potatoes and benas
snack: a slice of bread
Supper crock potatoes

As you can see yesterday was comfort day with potatoes.
I had a root canal at 11 a.m. which turned out alright except for the 45 minutes in the same position with an open mouth and rubber dam in it! Also wondering whether the nerve was going to come alive. However, as Is aid it was pretty well a non event.
VEGAN.....for Life!
Alba

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals