mtns journal 2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: mtns journal 2011

Postby mtns » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 pm

The class went good last night. I talked to them and told them that despite what some people say potatoes are good for you. That God made them, so how can they bad for you.One lady asked me about counting carbs and asked me what I thought. I told her that she really doesn't need to do that and just to stay away from simple carbohydrates and to eat more complex carbs. Whole grains ect. She seemed to take it okay. I served broccoli soup and black bean brownies and people loved them. Only one lady wouldn't try the soup because she didn't like broccoli, even though you couldn't taste it. They were shocked at how good the brownies were, especially when they saw me make them. But they really loved them. I had a good discussion with them on healthy eating and how not to eat empty calories and how to fill up on foods like potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit, veggies and oatmeal and brown rice. I am hoping they took some of my information and that it will really help them. I have a couple ladies that really suffer from sickness, it would be nice if they could get some relief from their illnesses. I am praying that they lose weight this week and that they start to eat healthier.

I didn't eat dinner last night. I had some sweet potatoes for snack, but then I didn't get a chance to eat, because I was teaching my class, so I snacked on a few bites here and there of my brownies and some rice crackers. I need to prepare a little better.

E: haven't worked out yet, but going to the gym or here at home, at least do weights and a cardio

B: oatmeal with 1/2 banana, stevia

S: 2 rice cakes with a little fruit sweetened jelly

L: leftover broccoli soup with some rice crackers, salad

S: sweet potatoes or fruit

D: eating dinner with my sister at texas roadhouse, so probably a baked potato and some salad

S: oatmeal
mtns

Postby kittyadventures » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:50 pm

HI Mtns ( I always read Mountains when I see your name :o )
anyway I am so glad the class went well. I hope some of your ladies do lose weight this week.
Are you going to share some of your recipes here?
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby mtns » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Good idea, I should share some of my recipes. Maybe, if I have some have time, I will post a few today.

Tomorrow night is going to be crazy, my husband, my two teens and I are going out for a teen night with our church. They do it every year and it is always a surpise. You get to dress up fancy, and have a nice dinner and then the last couple of years they have gone to plays or musicals. I am excited. Last year they went to see "Lion King, the musical". I asked my husband to see what they were going to have to eat, so I could plan ahead. They are having steak, or chicken and baked potato and salad. Looks like I am okay with the baked potato and salad. They ususally have dessert too, so maybe I will pack away some sweet potatoes or an apple in my purse for dessert. Plan, Plan Plan.

E: 1hr. x-biking

S: rice cake and a few sweet potatoes

L: sweet potatoes with dijon mustard, salad

S: green smoothie or fruit

D: texas hashbrown potatoes, veggies

S: oatmeal
mtns

Postby mtns » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Not the best day for sticking to MWP. Iknow it is no excuse, but I have been so tired and worn out. I feel like I am running and doing things all day latley. I didn't plan well today and that is what it came down to. I pray that I can do better the rest of the day.

E: 1 hr. weight lifting class, 30 min. elliptical

L: veggie burrito from Taco Time( no cheese or sour cream), 2 rice cakes with soy cheese

S: sweet potatoes that I plan on taking with me.

D: at the banquet they are serving chicken and baked potato and salad. I just plan on the potato and the salad

S: oatmeal or more sweet potatoes
mtns

Postby mtns » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Well the teen banquet was so much fun. I would like to say that I did good at the food, but it was not very good. I was told there would be potatoes and salad. But when we got there it was a really fancy restaraunt and they only offfered salad with blue cheese dressing ( yuck) and then some sourdough bread to share( which I had some) then they offered 3 entrees, lamb, steak and raw tuna. Luckily my husband was nice enough to ask for my daughter and I they had something vegetartian. So they came out with a vegetarian plate that had mushrooms,portablella mushrooms, corn, green beans and asparagus. It would have been good if it had not had oil over it. I would have sent it back,but we had limited time there so I did eat a lot of it. Then they served up creme brule for dessert. I know I shouldn't have but I had 3 bites. I just wanted to try it because I have never tried it. I gave the rest to my husband.

Then we all went to the circus which was so much fun. We were all in our fancy dresses and we got the suites to stay in. They had snacks and water and bathrooms to use. I did have some pretzles that they had and a few bites of popcorn( but when you don't eat a lot of salt,the popcorn was too much). We got to see the circus from up high. And we got to ride in hummer limos. It was really a fun night. It made me feel wealthy for a night.

I am glad to be at home eating my own food again. My workout was tough today because I ate such junk.

E: 1 hr. x-biking

S: 2 rice cakes with a little fruit sweetened jelly

L: hashbrowns with green beans and homemade gravy

S: green smoothie or fruit

D: don't know yet, maybe some sweet potatoes, salad

S: banana ice cream or oatmeal
mtns

Postby WeeSpeck » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 am

What a fun outing!
--\--@ Nancy @--/--

I am but a wee speck in the big picture of the universe.
WeeSpeck

Postby mtns » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I have not been good at sticking to MWL. But I think I will start a MWL journal tomorrow.
I looked at the Full Plate Diet and I like a lot of what they have to say. They are close to what Mcdougall does and talks about eating a lot of high fiber foods. She was saying to fill up on your high fiber foods before you eat anything else. So I was thinking of eating my salad and veggies first and drinking some water before I had my other foods and see how that works.

B: oatmeal with banana, stevia

L: split pea soup, sesame crackers, salad

S: green smoothie

D: sweet potatoes
mtns

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals