100 Day, No Stray Summer Challenge

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 100 Day, No Stray Summer Challenge

Postby carollynne » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 am

I like the idea of continuing our thread with a new title. I need the encouragement and this is great to keep talking and encouraging each other. I will have to try the photos wetsite.
I get a few looks, but often it is for my knee brace. I did not wear it at all yesterday, and did not miss it at all, til I was at teh fitness center, and realized I did not it to take off!! wow
I am going there today, with an appt to be weighed and taped again. I know I have lost a few lbs again, it is great. all my flab is moving around a bit, but over all, I am feeling so much emptier and lighter, altho I need to lose like 30 lbs still for the wii .
Yes it is the game called fit plus-- Today is day 50 for it and I love it! starts off my day good.
well have a good day, out there, and keep to the WOE
OH, yes, I have been up early to get some of my son's mailings off for his amazon auctions he does, and started to look up the recipes on fatfree vegan.com. some look so cool, I will have to get some of the little ramekin small little dealies in order to make up individual little servings of this one recipe. It sounds so heavenly to me. And with only 2 of us, eating this way, might come in handy. did I mention that Dh-L. did try my creamy kale and quinoa dish? he said it was ok too! He does need to cut back, and only had veggies last night, for dinner, and peanuts and then for lunch today, took a nice big salad packed with good stuff, but he also had to have some lunch meat ham!! oh well, I cannot change the world there. little by little, and example is the best way to convert anyone.
Well Lori, I think that exercise routine sounds wonderful. The walking and the biking is great exercise. IT is the best!!
I need to get off and get started ! have a great day to you all!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 pm

hey good news! I did my weigh in, and taping session at the fitness center.... and so hap hap happy
I have lost 5 lbs by their huge scale of the real hanging wts and the taping too was good, lost another inch off my hips, 1/2 off my calf and 1/2 off my upper arm too.
My waist it still the same, and abdomen the same too. but I do feel so much better, and clothes are fitting so differently too.
It's ahh working ---it is working!
Some ladies have asked me how and what did I do?? etc, and I am telling them the bare story, of real foods, nothing processed, and no animal products, and they are amazed too.
Anyway, I weighed 181 at the fitness center, and 180.4 at home this am!!
love it
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Carollynne....How exciting!! Bet you feel like a queen. I am finally down into the 172's now and hope to drop some more. I made a deal with a client that I would get to goal in 3 weeks.....hope I can do it. I think I can, I think I can....I know I can, I know I can. Chooo Chooo

I know about the belly thing too....it always seems to be the last to go and it just gets a little smaller, not going away completely, you like me must be an apple shape.

So, Lori I am all for carrying on as a little group, inviting others that may want to join. I like the thought of having our own little or big goals and getting support from others. Comradery is what's needed. I enjoy posting and seeing how everyone is doing. I may not always respond but I am always reading......this is my home group so to say. So, let make this thread a safe place to post without judgement or correction but of support and guidance when asked and needed.....How does that sound? Now to come up with a fun name. McDougall's Lair....
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Christine...I posted here last night, but somehow it didn't take. I had already started a new thread and called it "circle of friends"...then I saw your idea and thought mine was borrrrring!!! But anyway, I used what you said about having a safe place to post and we can still pick a better name and go back and edit it :) So...c'mon over!!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Dear Lori and Christine, wow, to that 172 number!! wow indeedy! I can hardly imagine, it just takes me sooo long, to lose, but then at 58 almost 59 in August, then the slower is better right? I think of how I have dropped 5 lbs a month for 3 months at teh fitness center weigh and taping, and then I do feel a bit better.

I have a tiny confession to make, I am just over eating today. and have quit, with a very full tummy too. Ate too much of all my vegan food, like my collard greens, kale, veggies soup over brown rice. then had more pots, and then gave in my something I cannot name, and had some vegan rice cream... yummy. Now I do feel sick in tummy ! Serves me right I know!

Listening to Dr Lisle on You tube too on Pleasure Trap... cool beans stuff. very dry, but makes a lot of sense to me. so clinical
carollynne

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals