Christine's Rants and Raves....

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Christine's Rants and Raves....

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh Fun!! Love Bodie, Love Mammoth, Love Zion...you will have a blast!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 am

I leave for Lost Wages on Thursday AM. I have every intention in staying on plan. There are 2 of us eating this way an 3 who eat SAD and I am sure majority rules while we are there. My sister has warned me that she might go off so it's up to me to stay strong.

I went to Nordstrom Rack yesterday and boy was it fun trying on clothes. I can't believe I am in a Medium or 8/10 in pants. I found this very pretty long tank top with sequins but it was still 60 doll hairs so I did not buy it. I did find "Not your daughters jeans" at a reduced price so I bought a pair....not skinny jeans like the other full priced ones but straight leg black size 8. I will be going back there but alone this time cause my Sister and Niece spend most of the time saying they want to leave and I don't get to shop the way I want. Like finding a new Wacoal bra.....Oh and Nordy's also had the hiking socks I like to wear for only $8. as opposed to $16. in REI

Today is the last day of house-sittin after 2 weeks of it and I am so ready to go home and get back to my normal routine.....
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Starchyme » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:32 am

Christine, wishing you a great trip. Sounds like you have the will and intention of being a McDougaller as you travel. This might even spark something in the other three people to pay more attention to how well you are doing and maybe want to follow suit. Let us know how it went. BTW, I love '"lost wages". I'll tell that one to a friend who flies to Las Vegas every chance he gets.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby sksamboots » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Christine you are doing great. Someone once asked Jeff about losing weight too fast and he said something along the lines that it's more harmful to be overweight/obese than to lose it fast..So keep it up!! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks HealthE1 and sksamboots....I am having fun with the woe and going to Lost Wages....

I tried on my "other" swim suits last night and they looked so-so. I still have quite a belly and from the side I look prego. I really do think I am gluten intolerant, although I didn't eat anything that could of had it in it yesterday. I did drink a red bull and that may be the culprit. I will be stopping the RB from now on. Don't know why I get so tired during the day....Anyhoo I am in search for a nice swim suit that fits.

Yesterday was an attack on Christine day, physically. First when I was out on my AM walk I got stung by a yellow jacket on my inner left thigh and then later in the day, where I work at the lab there is a worker who brings in his two Whippets and I was warned about one of them being unpredictable, so I stay away from them, plus they are always kept in another room, but I was standing talking to my boss, and the dog walker came out of the room with the mean dog on a leash and I was just in biting range and the turd bit my right thigh below my butt.......all I was doing was standing there and it lunged at me without warning....I was shocked and I asked did that dog just bite me? The walker kept say no, but when I looked in the mirror, sure enough there was bleeding tooth mark...friggin' thing. I told him that he needs to put a muzzle on that dog. I think I will insist on it, cause that dog it unpredictable and has bitten others too.

I made 3 bean chili last night and will be eating that for a couple o days...before my trip.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Starchyme » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Sorry to hear of your woes yesterday. I hope today is going along without incident. Happy McDougalling!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

HealthE1...All is good. I am thinner and healthier and that makes life seem a bit easier to handle believe it or not.

I went into Ross store yesterday and was trying on size 10 dresses....I always find myself in the plus size section though. I have an image in my mind of what I look like and it's still big. I hope those images change cause I still see a chubette in pictures too.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby sksamboots » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 pm

The image will change after a while. I promise you that one. It just may take a year or so, okay? LOL. Keep it up woman!! Sounds like a rough day but a good attitude :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Chile » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Holy cow! In Tucson, if a dog bite is reported, the owner is cited. If there are repeat incidents, they, I think, can be required to put the dog down. This person has NO BUSINESS bringing a vicious dog (and that is exactly what it would be considered legally) into the work place, especially without a muzzle or it being crated.

I've been bitten (barely) and it hurts. I hope you're okay and that you will follow up with this person and the boss, if not the animal control agency in your area.
Chile

Postby shell1226 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 am

Christine, I am finding your journal very inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Can you post what you eat on a daily basis? Or is that to much for you to handle (it's difficult for me most of the time)?
Rachelle

shell1226

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Hey Shell1226 Thanks for stopping by.....I feel if I can do it anyone can, cause I suck at diets, but for some reason this does not feel like one.

I have started a 15 day challenge which you have seen in the journal section and I am going to be posting my daily food there. It has taken me awhile to get the hang of what are the best foods to eat and the ones to avoid and I am still working on it, but we do our best right?

I know that when I avoid processed foods the weight melts off. I do a lot of hiking too, which helps fire up the metabolism. Hiking doesn't feel like exercise to me......

Hope to see you again on the 15 day no sugar challenge.

Best,
C
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi Christine, how was the trip? Really cool about the swz10 dresses, I mean that is so terrific sounding to me!!
Hope you are doing well. Do not give up on yourself, ever! You are so worth it!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks CL Your a good friend....You don't ever give up on yourself either. I had a nice time in LV it was warm and relaxing. In a week and a half we will going to Northern Cali up to po-dunk town called Dunsmur, we stay in these 1920 cabins on the river. we can hear the train pass by off and on throughout the night...I just love it up there and they are having a blackberry festival.

Day3

Coffee with rice milk splash

3 bean chili for breakkie with brown rice

Salad again for lunch, no dressing

Fresh tofu spring roll from TJ with a peanut sauce...and of course the dang sauce had sugar in it! What's up with that?

Watermelon

Can of zero

Again not a bad day but can do better......considering I was kind of stressed today and that is when I always try and fill a void with sugar.

Got a great layered haircut today and I heart it!! My sister did a great job with it and I look kinda youthful. I will try and take a pic.
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi Christine! I'm following along too! Just cheerleading!

RAH RAH SIS BOOM BAH...Go Girl!!!

I wanted to join in, but realized that I picked out cough drops with sugar...so for now, I'll just cheer you on! :)
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks Lori....

Have you all heard about the book "Under the Grandstand" By Seymour Butts ? Ha Ha....

Yesterday Day 4

Absolutely perfect day...no added sugar, no sneaky sugar. Good clean day and I am nearly back down to my lowest weight, cept for 2 oz.

Blk coffee
Pea soup with brown rice
watermelon
little shot glass of rice milk
Grateful bowl
micro roasted pecans
1/2 a date
constant comment tea

hiked the dawgs in the heat of the day...

Spent about 4 hours with my Singing Teacher who is in poor health due to heart problems, diabetes and other ailments....bless her heart.
She has always been a loving and encouraging influence in my life.

She has been morbidly obese all the time I have know her, where she has lost weight cause she had to due to having 2 stints in her heart. Her husband at first had lost weight too, but I haven't seen him for about 6 months and boy has her grown.

They asked how I lost 40 lbs and I told them a starch based, no animal product diet......Oh my goodness you should have heard the grief he gave me, just about laughing at me and making fun of the food I eat...."What do you eat, just beans and rice?" sarcastically......I don't need a unhealthy fatty giving me a hard time about my food choices and I told him so, not the unhealthy fatty part though. He shut up.

I am proud of my WOE and what I have accomplished and it's just not a fly by night kind of thing...this is true health. They even had a book in their cookbook section by Dr Dean Ornish "Eat more, Weigh less" I think is the title. They let me have it. It has some great recipes....little did they know they had in their mitts the answer to their weight/health problems, even though it suggests yogurt. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Anyhoo I am happy about things and yesterdays visit was a true eye opener
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals