Christine's Rants and Raves....

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Christine's Rants and Raves....

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 pm

For some reason I am not losing weight like I had hoped. Since Feb 14, I have been Dairy/meat free but I have only lost 1.4 lbs. I have had some fats albeit very little.

My weight on the 20th was 201.6lbs, now 25th and it is 200.2 and that is where it is staying in spite of my best efforts.

I have been only able to walk one day cause of the rain and work but food wise I have been doing so much better then the way of the SAD diet. I was hoping for dramatic results like other people on the McD way of life.

But I can say I have been sleeping so much better and I feel good......I will record all foods to get a better idea of what's going on in this body of mine. I do eat a lot during the day, I always seem to be munching. I do it cause of anxiety.

2/26/11

B - Coffee with "So Delicious" coconut creamer non fat no dairy
Steel cut oats with agave

S- Herbal tea w/agave and soy milk
1/2 a large orange, Jicama

L- Zucchini w/onion in Tomato sauce over polenta.
The rest of a "Cheez" cake dessert that has some nuts and coconut
all the rest of the ingredients McD friendly

S - Fresh Pineapple
3 little rice crackers
Jicama

D - Fresh baked tortilla chips with Salsa
1/2 a veggie burrito
1 cup oat milk

I need to put more leafy greens into my diet

updated 05/15/2011 I re-read posts as I go along and see that I was complaining about not losing a lot of weight in 5 days but 1.4 Lbs is pretty darn good. I guess I expected to be 20 lbs lost in a week....doesn't work that way does it?
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Sun May 15, 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Re: Christine's Rants and Raves....

Postby LoriJenny » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi Christine!! I'm afraid I don't have enough experience at all this to offer advice, but I will say hang in there!!!! It's so great that you are sleeping better and feeling better, and just as we didn't gain the weight quickly...we probably won't lose it quickly either, although I understand wanting to...I was sitting at the same weight recently for a few weeks and I felt so frustrated. I would suggest that if there is any way...try to infuse some exercise into your routine to pump up your metabolism. :-D
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Debbie....Thank you for the feedback.

Sugar is going to be a hard thing for me to kick, but it can be done. I will just limit my agave to a Table spoon a day?

I am not a big soy milk fan so I don't use it much only when that is all there is. But the oat milk is very tasty and filling. I tend to be a bit more liberal with tha, and yes I do drink it straight sometimes. What would be a good limit on that?

I will also cut out the cheez cake stuff. I kinda figured it was not a good idea.

The Burrito was from Sonoma Taco Shop which has a McD friendly menu of about 10 items and I asked for the no oil rice too. That one was OK

My goal for tomorrow is more water, some leafy greens and a walk
No oat milk and just a little Agave in my oats or a little oat milk and no agave.....not both

thanks for your help

C
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks LoriJenny

I will do just that. I am going to go on a nice hike tomorrow even if it's cold.....not use to this kinda cold burrr
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:23 am

Hiking sounds fun!! I wanted to go today too, but it is raining/snowing here...bummer!!! I'm so looking forward to spring weather!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm

2/26/11

Read quite a bit of the McD 12 days to Dynamic Health last night which is inspiring.

B - mashed potato with salt, pepper, garlic powder and FF spicy BBQ sauce
1 multi grain rye crisp
small taste (tiny bit on spoon) of carrot soup my friends made (onions heated in olive oil)
Finally gave into the coffee with creamer...dumped 2 cups of coffee and 1 passion fruit tea down the drain before giving in
Creamer is Coffeemate. I will go on a hunt for satisfying herbal tea to have in the AM's
1/4 cup fresh pineapple

L - a few bits of zucchini with tomatoes and onions, glass of OJ, 1/2 an orange

D - 1/2 a no oil bean and brown rice burrito with cilantro and salsa, 2 real tortilla chips with sals,a water with a splash of Lemonade

S - 2 organic watermelon fruit bars 50 calories each low cane sugar

Good day I feel and I walked the dog for about a mile and kinda did an old par course. My knees can't take doing jumping jacks I found out. My face is slimming down and double chin is disappearing too. Got compliments on how I looked today so something is working. :D
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:30 pm

That's great that people are noticing :-D , it is fun when that happens. Congrats on your good day!!!!
LoriJenny

Postby Dovima » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Holy basil is a great way to get off of coffee. It is caffeine free. It is an adaptogen, gives energy but is soothing at the same time. Also called tulsi. I love it.
Dovima

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 am

Holi Basil or tulsi, can I buy it at Whole Foods? Does it taste like basil?
Sounds interesting, I will go and pick some up. I looked up a topic on coffee and decided to let the coffee thing ride for right now but I will limit my caffine intake

to one cup a day of Organic coffee with no creamer. Organic Coffee is the best coffee!! So smooth and it doesn't need creamer to cut the bitterness.

I will wean myself off......

Thanks Dovima

JennyLori....thank you for your encouragement. I loved being out doors yesterday although I found a tic crawling on me ewwwww. Has the weather gotten any better in your neck of the woods? It actually snowed in San Fransisco the other night.....so rare. I am going to an Acadamy Awards Gala tonight, some big whoopdeedo. They are serving boxed dinners and hor-d-nevers, so I will be eating my dinner before I go and pop some no fat no salt popcorn fer sure.

OK Christine out
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Another great day

1 cup Organic coffee, black
Stealcut oats with a little oat milk and a touch of agave
Fresh pinapple

Jasmin green tea with a touch of agave
1/2 a bean and brown rice barfeedo with salsa
tried to eat a potatoe with corn and bbq sauce ...but not all potatoes are created equal, was no good so through it away
water

McD soup "chicken" ramin with some hot sauce in it, oh low sodium too
1 1/2 little bread rolls and some red grapes

I can't believe what a good girl I was today. I went to a Musicale to hear my niece play the piano and then afterwards they always have little munches like cookies and such cheese and crackers....everything I can't eat. So I drank water and had 2 little shredded wheat cereal pieces. Got through that one OK.

Then my Sister and I went to this Acadamy awards Gala where they were serving wine, cheese, a full blown dinner of turkey and pasta salad with those little pieces of pasta that looks like rice, it had an oil type dressing also some cheese, grapes and a little roll. All the dinners where like that so it's not like I could choose. I gave it to my sister to take home and only ate the grapes and tiny bread roll with out butter of course and then had some vitamin water drink that tasted like merde.....excuse my french. Oh and then they brought out these really decadent desserts of chocolate cake with and inch thick of frosting. I gave the cake to my sister and had 1/2 cup of decaf with soy. I did it whoooo hoooo.

The one good thing about this way of eating is I am not hungry and or craving food all the time. Sugar was always a go to food for me but I just don't crave it right now. Tomorrow maybe another story but for now I'm cool. I just may get thin and healthy after all.

All is good in Christine's world...
Christine out

Oh and I had two guys smiling at me tonight. Maybe I am just holding my head up a little higher and it's getting me noticed...hee hee
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 am

Christine in Cali wrote:Then my Sister and I went to this Acadamy awards Gala where they were serving wine, cheese, a full blown dinner of turkey

Too bad you couldn't be where Natalie Portman was. I read that Wolfgang Puck made a nice healthy vegan dinner for her, Vegetable Paella, photo and recipe here:
http://www.averagebetty.com/recipes/oscar-vegetable-paella/
VeggieSue

Postby TominTN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 am

Sounds like you're having a blast, Christine. We're noticing here, too. :)
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Weight Loss Through the Magic of Calorie Density: http://wp.me/p1utH8-v
TominTN

Postby Dechen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 am

WoW!!! What a feat of strength. Well done to you! I am not sure I would have come away from there without a major fall off the wagon.
Keep it up Christine. Nothing tastes as good as slim feels and nothing is more attractive than confidence! :nod:
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 am

Thanks everyone. That Paella looks really good. I am going to make it. When I watched "Change what you eat, Change who you are" by Vegengal.com, there was a whole list of famous vegan's stars and the like. Brad Pitt who woulda thunk?

I decided I do not like steamed veggies. They have no flavor! I need lots of flavor to enjoy my food. I am going to get a cookbook and try new things cause tomato based foods are getting old. I will try the Lental loaf recipe on the vegan brown gravy package. It looks really good, served on mashed taters. I am very much into comfort foods.

OK everyone have a groovy vegan day and I will report back later this pm

Christine out
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Alrighty then.....

I found out today that not everyone agrees of my dietary change. My friend that I spent the day with was not encouraging at all. She asked Why? Don't you think that's heavy in carbs? Why would you want to do that? I actually left her feeling bad about my choices.....sheesh I am just going to be an example to people instead of trying to sell this way of life to them. It's not about them it's about ME! :nod:

So what I put in my mouth today...

B - Steelcut oats with oat milk and I don't remember putting agave on it or not, but if I did it was a little. Organic black coffee 1 cup

L - Wendy's potatoe with chives, no salt canned corn and Tbl BBQ sauce

S - a 2 serving size bag of thin pretzels very low fat( I was bothered by my friend and forgot to bring something McD that I could munch on), Water

D - fruit of grapes and pinapple, a bowl of Kashi Strawberry Fields cereal ( that stuff is good ) with rice milk.

All and all a good day. Should of gone for a hike other then hang with my friend....what a wasted afternoon.

I will get on the scale tomorrow and see if I have gone down at all. I don't feel like I have but who knows.....Wish me luck

Christine out
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals