Christine's Rants and Raves....

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Christine's Rants and Raves....

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:05 pm

This was my early AM walk on Mnt Burdell today
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby to_our_health » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Christine in Cali wrote:Image

This was my early AM walk on Mnt Burdell today

Wow. What an amazing picture, it evokes such a mood!
to_our_health

Postby carollynne » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks for these 2 pictures Christine, I know what a deal it is to post the pix, so thtnks for going to the trouble for us. It is so inspiring to see where you are walking and the scenic views.
I do understand how you must be feeling when the overwt ones laff and try to give advice and all I can really say to that, it that they are in such denial, been there, done that too! And of course the million dollar question is always... where do you get your protein??
I am the compassionate one and the ppl pleaser but not anymore!!
they just will never get it, and believe all they see and hear from the gov't too. My aha moment was truly when I did fix my fatty liver and got my chol # way down ( I fervently hope it is going to even lower next time it is checked too) and if only if only I could get my HBP way down, but it is coming down little by little!!
So do not despair, the best revenge is living well. The studies all prove that a animal free way of eating is proven to be so healthy...... I need to stop preaching to anyone too. It is hard!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 am

I hear ya on all of that CL. It's time for us to put ourselves first then trying to please others fer sure.

Well, sugar has slipped back in and I faltered for 2 days now hence the no posts. I am struggling with the questions of do I completely give up sugar as in abstinence or can I learn to reduce it. It is proving to be hard either way. I will continue to work on this and be aware of the sugar content.

I'm working at the deli today and that is the worst place for me. I am going to be keeping myself busy with making veggie burgers.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:15 am

Here is another pic on Mnt Burdell, looking west
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:50 am

Well I am now at 162 again....go figure? I am sure it was water weight buts it's scary to see that scale jump up 8 lbs YIKES

Went on a nice hike up the mountain again and now have to meet a friend who is recommending me for a job as a caregiver/companion, then off to the deli. I don't like working at the deli anymore because of all the temptations. Hope I can be strong today.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:55 am

July

August

September
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Your doing great Christine. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:12 pm

I love your recent photos!! Hope your day was glorious there in Cali!
Have a good evening too!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 am

I'm Baaaccckkk 160 Lbs this AM!!

Just a few days of super compliancy and boom weight falls off again. I don't know why I ever stray? Self punishment, doubt, uncomfortable in my new skin, depression...all the above. I haven't even been hiking that much.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. Change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 pm

C in C hey I think it is so great that you are done again to 160!! wish I could say the same. I love your pictures and really, the sugar thing is something we all fight. At least I do. I can resist all kinds of sugary nonsense, like all drinks, cookies, or crackers, but let some coconut ice cream pass my line of sight, and really that stuff is too something for my tummy, and I end up regretting it big time, but at least now it is gone for good. love your resolve to keep at it, and start over and over again, and I mean why not? take that U turn.
And good luck with the new job maybe coming your way. I agree, the deli may be way too tempting for you. I just went to walmart and wow that candy aisle is a minefield for me. wish I could be more compliant to get it all off too. Well you are my inspiration !
have a good night over there, in Cali
carollynne

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals