A new day for me!! Carollynne's journey to get healthy

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: A new day for me!! Carollynne's journey to get healthy

Postby Rosey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:16 am

Hiya carollynne. Looks like your doing pretty good. I've quit taking my HBP meds since I've been on McDougall it's a nice feeling to have normal blood pressure when I take it it still goes up when I go to the doctor think I have that white coat syndrome I've seen people talk about.

I was wondering how do you fix your steel cut oats? I was given a sample of them and I've never had the that way.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:59 am

HI Rosey, I am up early and I know it was because I had some green tea to late in the day. thanks for the compliment, every little one helps my resolve to stay compliant on WOE.
my steel cut oats I only use water, and I add my frozen fruit- blueberries, or a mix of berries to it. I let them thaw out, or pop in Mirco wave, I use the recipe on the cellophane bag, (Bob's Red Mill). I make up 3 cups at a time of water and 3/4 cup of the grains and on low, they do fine. Keep in frig and just spoon out what I need each day, and add some water to make it look less like solid jello stuff. The soluble fiber is wonderful and I feel so full for a few hrs afterwards too.
have a good day to all!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 am

oh yes, my goal when I go back to see my cardiologist is to be down a lot of wt and then have my HBP normal and so no meds for me too. But I do meet the British guidelines, but certainly not the American ones of 110/70. that is so low. But since I have McDougalled for so long now, 229 days now, (since I began marking days on a calendar for a long trial to see if I could really stick to it good) I have quit taking all NSAIDs for arthritis and my stiffness is largely on a bit in the morning til I stretch and all that exercise etc.
Rosey, you are an inspiration to me! I keep thinking, if Rosey can do this, then so can I!!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 am

carollynne wrote: Rosey, you are an inspiration to me! I keep thinking, if Rosey can do this, then so can I!!

Glad I can be an inspiration to you. We all can do this.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Cannot wait for the Dr Essy lecture tomorrow at the Mercersburg Academy. Son and I will be going and he got an hr off early so we will not be rushed, and so on. Will be great, esp since I do have his book, along with a bunch of them by now on the topic, this is a free lecture, and I hope that it encourages us both. There is a community of people there who started this last yr, and RIp, the fire fighter son, came out and kicked it off for them. wow! is all I can say. Dr Essy will be speaking to doctors in our Summit Health building in my town too, so perhaps they will be enlightened. It will be just so cool to be a part of a community of people and not be the one odd ball and everyone telling me, how do you get your protein?? etc etc. That is why I love these boards for real talk.
Had a good day here. ate right, walked, got to fitness center, and even cleaned out my closet of stuff I will not be wearing again. too big and baggy, hurray! A store in the mall had a 20% deal off for each item of clothing donated, it was called the goodwill sale. So I took my old but nice clothes in today with my receipts and got $45 off from it! 3 bras, smaller size cool there, and one pr of jeans smaller sz too and also 2 towels....
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Have fun at the lecture. make sure you bring one of your favorite books for the Doc to autograph.

So you finally got some over the shoulder bolder holders that fit....cool beans.

Did you have a nice time at the Thai restaurant?
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 pm

How did lecture go? Hope you enjoyed it.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:21 am

HI Christine, and Hi Rosey!! The lecture is tonight!! I have a ton of stuff to do today, and wil get there with bells on, and early to. thanks for that idee Christine, I am going to bring my camera, in case he will a pic of himself with us, and also his book. Hate to bug him, but if I get a chance I just might do that. Son will be embarrassed I know. but we do not have a seat in the plant strong meal, just on a waiting list, so who knows about that. wish I had read the fine print right away!
I will post how it all went tonight!
I do feel better good today, had a great day yesterday, and am on a roll!
carollynne

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals