100% Finally!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 100% Finally!

Postby burgh_grl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:43 am

ChrisS wrote:I can't believe how long it's been since I used my journal. So much has occurred. I lost my way and now regained it for the last month. I feel great. Going to try to post eating everyday.

Brown rice, tomatoes, zucchini
mashed potatoes, garlic, swiss chard
spinach/potato patty on whole grain toast
water
banana
grapes

Hi Chris, Good to see you here again. I KNOW...i've been gone a long time too. Summer and it's heat has really gotten to me, but I'm keepin on with it. Down a total of five lbs...it's really challenging right now, because even though I lost over 80 pounds many years ago..this 15 pound CREEP back, is STUBBORN! I'm using many of the principles I've learned here, and other places to try to budge it. So far...I'll have one or two good days, then several not so good. that's how my entire summer's gone thus far. Hoped to be at goal by now, but...it's just not happening. As long as we KEEP coming back, that's what really matters! And...we keep learning too ;)
burgh_grl

Postby ChrisS » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Wow, 80 lbs! that's so amazing. You are right about coming back and I never stop learning new things here. My garden is in full swing and we planted so much good stuff...I can't wait for the tomatoes. Thank you for your encouragement and I know you'll get those creeper lbs. off!

Today's food choices:

Cereal w/raisins and almond milk
Seitan cutlet, mashed potatoes, steamed yellow squash and mushroom gravy
fruit ice
Herbal tea
handful of pretzel sticks
ChrisS

Postby burgh_grl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:48 am

ChrisS wrote:Wow, 80 lbs! that's so amazing. You are right about coming back and I never stop learning new things here. My garden is in full swing and we planted so much good stuff...I can't wait for the tomatoes. Thank you for your encouragement and I know you'll get those creeper lbs. off!

Today's food choices:

Cereal w/raisins and almond milk
Seitan cutlet, mashed potatoes, steamed yellow squash and mushroom gravy
fruit ice
Herbal tea
handful of pretzel sticks

Ohhh, that beautiful garden will keep you BUSY cooking all sorts of wonderful stuff! I grew my very first tomatoes this year!! WOW...was that awesome. In Orlando, tomato season is OVER, but I'm waiting on some eggplants tht seem to THRIVE in this ungodly heat... imagining them grilled, w/ a lil balsamic vinegar on top - luscious! Yes, it really is over the LONG haul that we see the changes we've made. The other day as I was leaving the house, I wondered what to take with, as I knew I'd be hungry...what do you think i grabbed? A POTATO!! Had some of those beautiful yukon golds just made, and BAMN...there was my answer. Never imagined that'd be my go to food... ;-) Also, keeping lots of cooked carrots has helped me alot. I don't care for them raw, but this way, i'll actually grab them as snacks. We learn as we go...keep on girlfriend...you're on the RIGHT PATH!! Tweak as you go...& as needed.
burgh_grl

Postby ChrisS » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

I love eggplant but didn't plant any this year. I'm in central Utah and our tomatoes aren't in yet. (can't wait)! I love the potato as a food to go, I also take a little thermos of heated beans sometimes too. I don't care for raw carrots either but never thought about snacking on cooking ones. I'm going to have to try that. Thank you so much for sharing with me!

Today's food choices:

Cereal w/banana and almond milk
spinach pasta w/tomato sauce and mushrooms
herbal tea
zucchini, tomato sauce and brown rice
ChrisS

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning