100% Finally!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 100% Finally!

Postby ChrisS » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:45 am

I lost another 2 lbs and I feel great. Trying to keep the eating simple. I didn't eat what I planned last night. The kids were eating pizza and I thought I was going to lose control. I toasted ww bread very dark and put a little orange marmalade on it. The crunch did the trick and I didn't lose control. If I can just substitute the textures and tastes that I desire, I think I can succeed in making this a permanent lifestyle change. I know other people say my tastes will change but I still miss certain textures....like crunch. Celery is wonderful too, but the toast satisfied better in this case. I just have to remember to THINK before I eat. lol

Breakfast
oatmeal w/a few white raisins

Lunch
Broccoli in hm marinara sauce over brown rice

Dinner
homemade chicken style seitan
mashed potatoes
spinach

snack
apple
herbal tea
ChrisS

Postby raimel80 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 pm

I really miss *crunch* too :-(

baked corn tortillas do it for me sometimes or baked garbanzos with seasoning(i like chili powder and lime) easy to go over board for me though. Nice job with the toast :)
"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward"

raimel80

Postby sksamboots » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Good progress. I also like to bake chickpeas in the oven at 450 for about 1 hour for a good crunch :nod:
sksamboots

Postby ChrisS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Thank you! I love Garbanzo/Chickpeas. I am going to try this. I had a handful of FF pretzels today....I won't make a habit of it, but they were good!
ChrisS

Postby ChrisS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 am

Feeling amazing this morning. The scale keeps going down and it's hard to believe that I'm not starving myself to do it. I did eat an avocado yesterday on ww toast with salsa. I love avocados.....I will try to only eat 1 or 2 a month. I need to kick up the exercise. I see a podiatrist this morning as I may have a spur in my right heel. So I will swim. Last night was my dad's birthday. I baked him a carrot cake but I ate pineapple chunks with cut up banana. Didn't bother me one bit, I like fruit better than cake.
ChrisS

Postby Dechen » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Ooooo Home-made seitan. Could you pm the recipe to me?
And the chickpeas... do bake the cooked ones or the dried ones?
It is probably a stupid question but I really don't know. :?
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby ChrisS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

I hope you got my PM Dechen. :)

I had a good experience this past week. We went out to dinner for my parent's birthdays. They chose Outback. It worked well for me. I told the waiter that I had a dairy alergy and ordered a baked potato and steamed veggies, no butter a side salad that they first brought with cheese and croutons and I asked if I could get a new one without these items. They happily brought me a new salad and I dressed it with fresh lemon and lime wedge. The only thing that makes me chuckle is when I order a "meal" this way, it always comes in the many little dishes instead of on one plate. I asked for a plate and it was much easier to eat. I guess they can't imagine these "sides" as a meal. lol Everyone ordered desert and I did too. A strawberry smoothie....no dairy, just strawberries w/lime juice...probably sugar. I enjoyed it and didn't feel deprived.
ChrisS

Postby thelmalouise99 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 am

I understand the comments about simplicity. I have tried many diets, but they were always so involved...count points, weight the food, eat x number of portions of this food per week.

I just started the MM plan for the very reason of simplicity. Very little choice, very little planning, and I've been able to stick with it for five days.

To everyone: reading your posts is very inspiring to me. It is really helping me to stay on the plan! I have zilch willpower when it comes to sweets. Five days is the longest I've gone without candy or pie or cake!!!
Thelma

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUs39Id/]
[/url]
thelmalouise99

Postby ChrisS » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 am

I can do this...I CAN DO THIS! I feel amazing. Last week I got my blood test results from a checkup, my choles. is 152! My energy level is up and the weight is coming off. Will be going on vacation to California for a week and two days in Vegas and I know I can continue with no problem.

I am looking at food differently lately. I'm trying to figure out what it is I like or desire about certain foods. The taste or the texture is what I am concentrating on and how I can duplicate it. I am having great success with the help of Bryanna Clark Grogan's cookbooks and blog as well as others. (Of course Mary's books and news letter as well).
ChrisS

Postby Dechen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Sorry but I didn't get the PM. :-(
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby ChrisS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Sorry Dechen, I'll try again.

Still feeling really great. I have lost weight before, but the way I'm losing weight this time is different. My kids say I look like I'm skrinking...lol. It feels that way too. I'm losing weight everywhere, evenly. It feels great. We even went to Disneyland and Legoland for a week and I had no problem finding food to eat. I didn't gain anything.
ChrisS

Postby StarchBeet » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Its great when you don't feel pulled into old habits and your new choices become easy! Congratulations!
StarchBeet

Postby burgh_grl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm

ChrisS wrote:I decided to start a new journal. I've been messing around with this food plan for years with success and failure. The failure due to my own lack of compliance.WEll, WELCOME BACK Chris! :-D

After a visit to the eye doctor and the discovery of two cataracts as well as macular dystrophyahhhh shhooot, I'm sorry to hear that! ...I finally get it. If I want to be healthy, I MUST follow this lifestyle...100%.YEP. "all you can do is all you can do"...ummmhummm...

The weight is falling off me and I'm not hungry. Ohhh, I'm loving how that sounds!! YAYYY...

Breakfast
Oatmeal, blueberries and cranberries

Lunch
snap meal

Dinner
Roasted potato w/chili sauce

Snack
apple
herbal tea

What an excellent day Chris!! THANK YOU, for sharing this with us...it really helps us all who need ideas! Was the chili sauce you had...a soy protien veggie variety that you can buy canned, or what? I find I need some kind of sauce or topping for potatoes. Love them though I do, they're ..choke, choke, gag... :? kinda DRY. I used some enchilada sauce on mine today.
Keep on ...you're on a roll now!:)
burgh_grl

Postby burgh_grl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:26 pm

thelmalouise99 wrote:I understand the comments about simplicity. I have tried many diets, but they were always so involved...count points, weight the food, eat x number of portions of this food per week.Me too Thelmalouise99...meee too. There couldnt BE a simpler, less expensive way to go than this, and in this particular time...WOW, do we NEED that.

I just started the MM plan for the very reason of simplicity. Very little choice, very little planning, and I've been able to stick with it for five days.GREAT!! Keep on...and share with us what YOU"RE eating...:)

To everyone: reading your posts is very inspiring to me.DITTO... It is really helping me to stay on the plan! I have zilch willpower when it comes to sweets. I hear that...me too. Five days is the longest I've gone without candy or pie or cake!!!Thanks ...i don't feel so bad now. I'm NOT alone!! you know, I read someone's saying that Total abstinence is the only way when dealing with sweet cravings. I'm inclined to agree...hard as it is. this is tough medicine, but it WORKS. If we can do this....we'll be on top of the world!! :D Keep coming back...we're all in this together!! bye for now...Donna
burgh_grl

Postby ChrisS » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm

I can't believe how long it's been since I used my journal. So much has occurred. I lost my way and now regained it for the last month. I feel great. Going to try to post eating everyday.

Brown rice, tomatoes, zucchini
mashed potatoes, garlic, swiss chard
spinach/potato patty on whole grain toast
water
banana
grapes
ChrisS

PreviousNext

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning