becoming me

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: becoming me

Postby LoriJenny » Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks Christine!!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Sat May 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Sort of observing people in the grocery store today, noticing what they had in their carts...makes me think that the SAD diet is just not really satisfying...perhaps because it is not the intended diet for our species...so people keep eating, feeling unsatisfied...end up putting on the pounds. Just thinking.
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat May 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey Lori....My hike with my sister was cut short cause she had to get back home. :| She don't like going up hill LOL But she did a good part of the walk. She's getting into it cause she bought a pair of boots. The same brand I just so happened to have bought just off of e-bay.

It was cold here today as well and windy but pretty and sunny outside for the most part then got overcast.

I just watched Food INC and I am so glad I have adopted this WOE. I no longer wish to support the destruction of the planet by buying GMO foods. Also those poor animals....I love animals.
We walked through cow pastures today and right through a herd of young cows that were grazing. I said hi and that I no longer ate them..... :)

When I work at the Deli people come in and eat such bad food, they are so unhealthy and then they buy a pack of cigs to go with it. But I need to stay humble cause not too long ago I was just like them. I wish I could help people.

Have a good night....
C

Oh and Happy Mothers Day
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi Christine...wow look at your weight dropping off!!! Woo hoo! I saw food.inc a while ago, it's a good motivational dvd!!! What type of hiking boots do you think are good? I always just seem to wear my Nike running shoes.
A friend of mine used to do this to motivate herself to stay on her diet. She would drive to a restuarant and just sit and watch people coming out. She said they always looked so bloated and miserable it would motivate her.
Thanks, Mother's Day was really nice :) Spent alot of time with both sons and my daughter in law. They gave me a beautiful fruit bowl and a salad shooter...we had alot of fun experimenting with the salad shooter. I just got to relax and even took a nap...so nice!!
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 pm

What type of hiking boots do you think are good?

Keen is a good Brand but very expensive. They say they are the best for your feet and posture. I tried on a pair and they felt like slippers but I looked like a cartoon character cause the toe part is shaped funny....big and round.

The Brand I bought on e-bay is called Tecnica which are also are a pricey boot, but I won them for 28.00 with shipping an handling. They are lightly worn. I hope they truly are good cause I keep getting a blister in the same spot.

Glad you had a nice Mothers Day. I was wished a Happy Mothers Day today as well LOL I didn't bother to correct them.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby StarchBeet » Mon May 09, 2011 10:36 am

lorijenny, that is so fantastic that your doctor suggested Dr. McDougalls plan!!!! You in CA have such an interesting set of circumstances.

I wish you the best on your search for health!
StarchBeet

Postby LoriJenny » Sun May 22, 2011 7:41 am

I bought the advanced study weekend dvds and I'm having my own little "advanced study" weekend :) The lightbulbs are going on, and I'm so glad. I feel like I've been wandering around like the Israelites in the desert not making much progress (actually I do physically wander around in the desert...lol). Here are some important things I've learned so far:

:!: It takes a full 12 weeks of compliance to lose unhealthy food cravings.

:!: SAD foods do much damage to my epitheleal cells and cause them not to be able to make and release a gas that keeps themselves healthy...these cells are like guardians against plaque build up and rupture.

:!: The stickiness of my blood is a bad sign...it will stick to arterial walls.

:!: Exercise helps the epithileal cells to produce their NO gas

:!: Antioxidants in green leafy vegies are very healing to this entire process.

:!: Details matter...do read the ingredients!!!

:!: Dr. Esselstyn's patients are expected to fully comply without straying.
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Checking back in. Still plugging along. Weight 167.2
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 am

New Start for me. August 1st, 2011...Day 1 Starting weight: 172

I"m beginning anew today, and glad to be doing so. Sticking to the basic McDougall plan because when I was doing it before I was losing weight very quickly...If I get to a point where I'm not losing weight then I will switch to the MWL plan.

B: Oatmeal and a slice of watermelon, Green tea (decaf)
S: Green Tea
L: squash with tomato sauce
D: watermelon, green beans, rice cakes
Ex: 3 hours of yard work

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the calorie content of squash...I was curious because it is so filling...but it is also very low in calories. I feel so full from my lunch...and yet not many calories there...I think that is the point :)

I think what I will do is come back here and edit each day as it goes along.
Last edited by LoriJenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey Lori...good for you doing your own Aug thingy. How did you do today? I saw a flash of 166 yesterday but now it's back up. I still have not eaten any candy even though yesterday was soooo hard at the deli. I didn't journal but I did think it through and figured I was bored and anxious. I got through it. Hope you had a most excellent day on the program, and tomorrow is even better.

C
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 am

Hi Christine!! Thanks...Today went well. My biggest downfall today was probably not eating enough...and ending up with a headache. I just didn't feel hungry, and it was really hot, but I'm glad I had a good day and am off to a good start for August :) My weight had dropped to 166 also...then a couple bad days and kaboom back up to 172...funny how that happens so quickly! That is so great that you've gone for several days now without the candy!!! Woo hoo!! I think bored and anxious are 2 big triggers for me also...today I was thinking that it would be boredom, but actually I ended up staying pretty busy. I even made hamburgers for my kids, which I rarely do, but I truly was not tempted...meat...bleah!!!
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:37 am

August the 2nd and day 2!! Weight this morning was 170. My dog is limping :( So, I guess I am on my own for exercise today, and I hope he heals up soon, I'm trying to keep him quiet with some chewing bones, but he's still wanting to play.

B:Puffed corn cereal
L:Spinach tomatoes banana lettuce
D:Eggplant tomato sauce and nutrtionL yeast
Ex: walk 1 hour
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

LoriJenny wrote:August the 2nd and day 2!! Weight this morning was 170. My dog is limping :( So, I guess I am on my own for exercise today, and I hope he heals up soon, I'm trying to keep him quiet with some chewing bones, but he's still wanting to play.

B:Puffed corn cereal
L:Spinach tomatoes banana lettuce
S: hummus and pretzels, not the best choice
D:Eggplant tomato sauce and nutrtionL yeast
Ex: walk 1 hour
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 am

HELP!!!! Did anyone have a history like
Mine of starting over with this woe time and time again and yet becoming ultimately successful??? Can you share with me what made the difference for you between being stuck in a pattern of failure to achieving a pattern of success???
-----------------------------------------------------------
After giving this some thought, I'm coming up with these ideas: I tend to have all or nothing thinking...thus feeling like everytime I go off track I have to start over completely so that I can do this perfectly.

Maybe what I need to think about it strategies for recovering from mess ups...getting right back up on the horse and continuing on rather than feeling like I have to start all over again.
Last edited by LoriJenny on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoriJenny

Postby f1jim » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:31 am

My guess is you have lot's of off plan foods in your home. Whether it''s for you or not they still reach out and call for you. I don't believe most of us have the willpower to avoid them if they are within arms reach. Even when there are healthy foods alongside them. I could never successfully follow the plan with junk food in my home. Could that be an issue? Everything has to fall into place, the motivation, the real desire to change, the environment around you, and finally some time. When they all gel so will this plan. You became a member in January and the year is half over so it's not like you have a lifetime of failure! It's early in the game and you have time on your side.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals