becoming me

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: becoming me

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks Dechen for those kind words and encouragements :) :) Yep, my firstborn is getting married :crybaby: I'm really so so happy for both of them, they are so in love and so happy!!! I will definately try to post pics, I might need a little help with that!

So, I didn't make it to Saturday and weighed myself this morning. I lost another 2 pounds!! This puts me at the half way mark to my goal of 58 pounds---29 down, 29 to go! I see my Dr. on Friday, I hope he will be pleased with me.

Okay...off to work!
LoriJenny

Postby skinnyrobbie1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:54 pm

wow, congrats, LoriJenny, on your weight loss. So exciting.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wfrVniz/]
[/url]
skinnyrobbie1

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Way to go Lori....I am going to start eating what yur eating, and maybe i will lose weight too :nod: Did you find a dress yet?
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby carollynne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Congrats to your wt loss, and to your first born too.
cool beans all around! 8)
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks Carollyne, Skinnyrobbie, and Christine!! :) I did find a dress, size 12!! I found it at Ross and it was 14.99!!! I tried it on for my future daughter in law last night and she really liked it, so I'm very happy. I would have been happy to spend more so long as I found a good dress...but hey...a great dress for 14.99...can't argue with that! It is a deep deep plum color, maybe indigo...simple lines and cap sleaves and a scoop neckline with little fabric flowers all around the neckline. I love it!!
I hope it works Christine!!! I guess if your going to try my menu I better post it. :)
B: 2 Rice Cakes/peanut butter
S: Cauliflower, about 1 1/2 cups/1/2 cup of pistachios
L: 3 Bean Chili - 1 bowl
S: 3 Rice cakes/ 1/2 cup pistachios
D: 3/4 Cup brown rice/ 1/3 cup refried beans/ assorted vegies
Ex: Walked 2 miles, also did about an hour and a half of yard work. I'm bushed!!!! :thumbsup: to all my McDougall buddies!!!
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 pm

This is fun...a store clerk looked at my driver's license today and said, "hey you look so much younger in person than you do in this picture" :) Thanks Dr. McDougall :)
Oh...and yoga class #2 today...it's so hard but i think it's helping me get stronger and more flexible. The funny part today was my friend and I both about falling on our faces at the same time during the warrior pose. Hehehe.
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi Lori

Thanks you for that 3 bean chili recipe. I made it tonight and it was good. My Niece really liked it and kept asking for more. She's a picky eater, then my sister came over and loved it as well. Yum...It was really good with a fresh nonfat flour tortilla. I will be making it again for sure.
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Dechen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:19 am

If your doc is not pleased with your weight loss .... change your doc. You have good reason to be proud of yourself!!! :D
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby LoriJenny » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Well...it's 100 days until summer for me (I am a teacher). I think that I will do the following as a challenge to myself...100 days of being 100% McDougalling. I will post here my food and exercise etc. I think this will really give my body a chance to heal, and for me to become less tempted by the SAD diet. I'm contemplating if I should make a new journal or just use this one. I think I will just use this one. Anyone want to join me??? :unibrow:
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I'll join in....every year I wish I could be thinner for summer or my B-day and it never happens. Maybe this time I might really do it.

Maybe a new thread called "100 days to summer challenge" or "no stray for a 100 days, summer challenge". Something like that. Just my 2 cents
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Dechen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 am

I will join you on the 100 day 100% McD trip. It may not always be MWL but it most certainly be McD. :)
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 am

Great Ideas!! Okay, I will make a new thread for the 3 of us and whoever else wants to join in :D
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm

deleted
LoriJenny

Postby LoriJenny » Fri May 06, 2011 4:59 pm

I've had my ups and downs on this McDougall plan. The downs were only my own failures or maybe just mis-steps...but the ups have been finally watching my weight go down, finally feeling good physically, finally feeling like I truly am becoming what I was born to be.

I really think I was born to be a McDougaller. Even as a small child I would hide the meat my mom so diligently cooked for me behind a book shelf. When she discovered my hiding place I learned to carefully hide the meat in my clothes and then flush it later, life became quite a bit easier when we got a dog...I have no idea why but she loved to sit right by my feet at the dinner table...lol. I was never a lover of meat and in fact, I do not miss it, I have not missed it even once. When I hit 16 I came out with it and let people know I was a vegetarian...yay...no more hiding meat!!! The turning point came while watching my grandmother in the kitchen one day working on a chicken...it was just so disgusting to me. I love animals... I was lean and healthy, a long distance runner...I weighed 119 pounds when I married. I married a man who hated vegetables and I put all that was important to me aside in order to cook what he wanted, I went back to being a carnivore, and tried to not think about it for years. I found myself in the Fall of 2010, age 46, weight 193, cholesterol 443, triglycerides 800+, a heart wall that was thickening, arthritis that was becoming impairing. I decided on January 1st my resolution would be to do exactly what my doctor advised me to do. I went to see him on the 4th of January and he told me that I needed to go on the McDougall program, and he recommended this website. Thanks Dr. Copeland!!! I felt happy and relieved when he told me what to do, because really...it's what I want and have wanted for a long time. My kids are pretty much grown now, and I am no longer married...so, it's a great time, I can finally just do what is right for me, without worrying about preparing foods for others.

I'm about half way through my weight loss...all I have to do now is let go and surrender 100% to this plan...my body knows exactly where it wants to go...back to that time when I put all my ideas aside and pick them back up and continue along the path i was meant to be on. Oh...and just as a matter of interest...my grandmother was the president of her women's group which they called the "Blah blah" club (because they all loved to talk), I showed her a book I was reading once by John Robbins and she told me that he was the grandson of her friend Goldie Robbins, a member of her Blah Blah club...it sort of gave John Robbins great credibility in my eyes, so I have read all of his books, which I find very motivational.

Anyway...I don't know if I should post so much here as I did...but it's who I am and where I have come from...and most importantly it's why I am going down this road and why I want to do this.

100% Vegan...it's how I roll from here on out. :)
LoriJenny

Postby Christine in Cali » Fri May 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Beautifully written Lori.....I think posting in both locations is a good idea. Our Journals are a personal place to regroup and find ourselves. The Challenge is just that and I feel we have a purpose in both spots.

Big thumbs up
C
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals