MMXI = 2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MMXI = 2011

Postby Veg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks Carollynne for stopping in and sharing with me about the recipes and recipe pix! I plan to take more as I promised and some of the small garden I'll be starting this year for the first time.

Speaking of the garden I was flipping through a Yoga Journal Magazine and I saw this cute little meditating garden gnome in front of some plants. I've always had a thing for gnome's since I was little and watched "The Gnome Mobile" about 100 times with my siblings. I went on the web in search of the meditating Garden gnome and came across this site.

He was the one under the Graden Om's collection. They also have them in their natural stone color and not painted. Am I silly for wanting my own Garden "Om"?
Image Image
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby Dechen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 am

Go for it! I think they are fun. :P
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby Veg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm still here though not posting much. I'm having great success this month eating more green and yellow veggies with brown rice. I'm really getting this down. Also doing well on the no soda and no coffee kick.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:12 pm

So glad to see you here! I was just going to look for you while I had a minute. It sound as though you are making good progress. That's what I had for lunch, BTW--green and yellow veggies and rice (also limas, but who's counting, right?)!!!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Veg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:30 pm

My home computer died. Around the same time so did my spouses. It was odd timing really and we've been looking for cheap options to fix them. With our income situation there are not really many options right now to persue other than affording someone to look at them and give us a general diagnosis. We can't afford a new computer as we're trying to pay off debts and save money and not accumulate more debts.

I've lost all my bookmarks including my weight loss ticker so I've removed it from my signature. I've worked hard and I have lost more weight. I am about half way to my goal. Just another 20 lbs to go really. Then I'm done and can maintain that. I haven't faced any other problems with this way of eating to really talk about here.

I don't use my work computer often for personal use because we're not supposed to and they monitor our activity. I just wanted to pop in here and update my journal. When I can use someones computer I do read online here. I hope everyone is doing well.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby frozenveg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 am

Oh, MMXII, I am so glad to see you are still around, but so sorry to hear about your computer woes! Been there, done that, except hubby has always insisted on replacing them right away, so our debt still stays about the same. :mad:

Glad you are doing well. You can be proud of yourself!

Success Story:
frozenveg

Postby Veg » Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm literally in shock at the rate of my weight loss. Recently I started microwaving potatoes which is much more convenient but not always consistent.

Yesterday I switched back to baking 25 at a time and reheating them in the microwave. At the rate I'm consuming potatoes I'm going to be baking a batch every two days. We're buying the 25 lbs bag now.

I'm eating 10-12 potatoes a day with other things. Other things include oatmeal for breakfast and through out the day apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, chopped raw veggies such as celery, carrots, cauliflower and eating loads of salad with balsamic vinegar and the occasional mixed dish with beans or some hot soup and I always have a stock of McDougall soup cups for work.

Most everything I'm having is unprocessed but I'm eating like a pig every 3 hours and losing weight quicker since using potatoes mostly as my starch. I'm more satisfied after eating but within a few hours I need to eat again. In a week I lost 7 lbs. That's dropping a pound a day. I was concerned maybe I'm not getting my calories. Since I've been keeping a transformation journal I plugged in my meals and I'm getting around 1800 - 2000 calories a day. I'm not being deprived at all.

I suppose the rapid weight loss is because I'm closer to the maximum weight loss plan than the normal McDougall plan. I'm still in shock because I was 20 lbs away from my goal and thought I'd be losing much slower now. I had no idea this minor change right now to more of the maximum weight loss plan would make such a difference.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey MM,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Yes, it is a starch based diet. I think we are patterned to think about not eating so much when we are trying to lose weight, then when we allow ourselves to eat within the MWL foods, with starches leading the way, it is amazing what happens. I have found that also, the more starch I eat, the faster I seem to lose. What a concept, huh?

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby frozenveg » Fri May 06, 2011 7:27 am

I am so happy for you! Yes, it is a hard thing to remember that we can eat until we are satisfied with this WOE!! It is such a blessing, I occasionally forget when I go out and order stuff, that it's not going to be like at home, and just right for me. I hate to waste money, but the few times I've made that mistake (like forgetting to ask that the vegannaise be left off my sandwich), I gave the stuff away.

Success Story:
frozenveg

Postby Veg » Sat May 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello all!

I have less than 10 lbs. to go to reach my goal. I could adjust my goal to increase the amount I want to get rid of as I guess I could lose a lot more than that. I think though I'll be happy not to be considered in the over weight range anymore. I haven't been in the normal weight range for several years. I'm so close that I already feel like I'm there.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby frozenveg » Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

MMXI wrote:Hello all!

I have less than 10 lbs. to go to reach my goal. I could adjust my goal to increase the amount I want to get rid of as I guess I could lose a lot more than that. I think though I'll be happy not to be considered in the over weight range anymore. I haven't been in the normal weight range for several years. I'm so close that I already feel like I'm there.

That is so great!!! I know, isn't it wonderful to be in the NORMAL range? I nearly fell off the Wii Fit the morning it said I was Normal! Now the challenge for me is to not get overconfident and careless...good luck to you as you go on to meet your goal!!

Success Story:
frozenveg

Postby Veg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks! Finally went ahead and got the Jeff Novick's Fast Food DVD. It arrived this week. Already watched it & giving it a try.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby Veg » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am

Finally reached my goal! It's nice to have a sense of accomplishment. It took 6 almost 7 months.
nettles & sassafras
Veg

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:17 am

MMXI wrote:Finally reached my goal! It's nice to have a sense of accomplishment. It took 6 almost 7 months.

Congratz!!!
Rosey

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 am

That's great, MM.

I am so happy for you!!
Jan
janluvs2heel

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals